It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Kerry Receives Endorsement From Reeves Widow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
After the tragic death of actor Christopher Reeves on October 10, 2004 many media pundits viewed Kerry as exploiting the death of this great actor for political gain although Reeves had actively participated in the Kerry campaign prior to his death, and now his widow is backing Kerry as well. Saying, "This is what Chris wanted", referring to Reeves support of Stem-cell research and the Kerry campaign while putting to shame the words of political media pundits.

story.news.yahoo.com
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) on Thursday accused President Bush (news - web sites) of slowing scientific advancement after earning a special endorsement from the widow of actor Christopher Reeve, a proponent of the embryonic stem cell research on which the president has placed limits.

"The American people deserve a president who understands that when America invests in science and technology, we can build a stronger economy and create jobs for the 21st century," Kerry said during a campaign rally. "But George Bush (news - web sites) has literally ... turned his back on the spirit of exploration and discovery."

Reeve's widow, Dana, said her family has been grieving privately since her husband died Oct. 10. "My inclination would be to remain private for a good long while," she said. "But I came here today in support of John Kerry because this is so important. This is what Chris wanted."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This would be interesting to the pundits that said Kerry was trying to make political capital on the tragedy of Reeves death. Christopher Reeves was a very active supporter of stem-cell research and of the Kerry/Edwards campaign.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Good for her.

I wish her well in the grieving process, and I'm sure Chris would be very appreciative that she is affirming his beliefs even after he has passed.

new topics

join