It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The current Secession movement is a trap to call for a New Constitutional Convention which will get

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
...hijacked! The trap will be to make citizens think that there will be a Constitutional Convention to reaffirm the original principles of the Constitution but that will open the door to make permanent and legal changes to the document. You can expect that this will get hijacked and the result will be a different document where key individual rights are rewritten to neuter them (ie, 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendments for starters). A secondary element of the movement is to secure the names of anti government people who can be labeled as terrorists for a future round up. My 2 cents. Be careful what you ask for....What are your thoughts and comments?
edit on 19-11-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
MODS please move this to the US Political Madness forum.
Thank you.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Along the lines of "finding the names of anti-goverment individuals" I reference internet-map.net

Internet Map is HERE

Type in abovetopsecret.com then look at the closest website. The size of the circle represents the size of the website(google, youtube are huge). The proximity of the site represents the frequency of visits between those sites....so I don't know about you fellow ATSers but I haven't been going that particular site next to ATS but someone has.

Previouse ATS thread on the subject HERE

Just resign yourself to the fact that they know you. Time to think of the next step....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Things are bound to go wrong any time a bunch of people gather to decide the fate of everyone else.

Think of the audacity.

But hey, thats pretty much how things worked the entire scope of history.

Ask yourselves, did it work out well? Or are we back at the drawing board yet again? Ill let you answer that for yourself, and allow the facts to speak on their own behalf.
edit on 19-11-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raulken
Along the lines of "finding the names of anti-goverment individuals" I reference internet-map.net

Internet Map is HERE

Type in abovetopsecret.com then look at the closest website. The size of the circle represents the size of the website(google, youtube are huge). The proximity of the site represents the frequency of visits between those sites....so I don't know about you fellow ATSers but I haven't been going that particular site next to ATS but someone has.

Previouse ATS thread on the subject HERE

Just resign yourself to the fact that they know you. Time to think of the next step....

Hiya Guys! Wazzzzz Uuuup!?

I already know that they know me. But if they are watching me they should be counseled by their superiours as they are wasting their time.

There's bigger fish to fry.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Raulken

Wow that is so #ed up. Big Brother is just everywhere.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I already know that they know me. But if they are watching me they should be counseled by their superiours as they are wasting their time.

That depends on whether a better message would be sent by getting rid of actual threats, or by getting rid of a large number of people they could convince others are some sort of threat.

Then, of course, if no convincing is necessary, your sacrifice will just be gravy on their kibbles and bits and bits and bits.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
More Fuel for the Fire.

Newly Released FBI “Domestic Terrorism” Training on Anarchists, Environmentalists, Show COINTELPRO Tactics

HERE

Newly released FBI presentations show the flawed and misleading information the government is using to train agents to identify and investigate “domestic terrorist” groups such as “black separatists,” anarchists, animal rights activists, and environmentalists.

The domestic terrorism training materials were obtained through the Freedom of Information Act by the ACLU. They offer additional insight into a disturbing pattern of FBI activity misrepresenting political activists as “terrorists” and manufacturing “domestic terrorism threats” where none exist, akin to the notorious COINTELPRO program of J. Edgar Hoover.

Welcome to the new American Dream...err..Nightmare? Good article shows what can be construed into the definition of a terrorist. Sign a petition? Protest? Type something on a forum?
edit on 19-11-2012 by Raulken because: spell check is thy friend

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Any view that succession is an option/solution is not only under-mining but completely lacking in understanding democracy. What an insult... 'By the People, For the people' and yet when the right loses anyone even suggests succession?? It is a time unite to build something better but the divisive bs that exists at a ground level is being reflected in your politics. Mediocrity and flat out bigotry and racism seem to be acceptable or atleast reported on. How do people such as Palin and Bachman even get a mention...? Yet they did and they do hold positions in their relevant states that are deserving of respect... Yet they spew lies, innuendo and out and out uneducated bile. Succession...? So many good people, yet so many who just don't understand what a vote means.

Don't allow democracy to be undermined by these extremist views. They are in part, the problem

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by inquisitivenature

Discussion of Secession, at its core, is democratic. It is the voice of people who feel their voices are not being heard by their "elected" representatives.

What version of Democracy are you saying these folks are not familiar with? The one where the people get some sort of say in their own governance? The one where people get to determine how their government operates, and not only choose between powerless figurehead with a red tie, and powerless figurehead with a blue tie?

How is "gathering support for opting out" not a democratic principle?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
"representatives" should also be in quotes. The elected no longer take their marching orders from their constituents. Do you think for a second that if there were a general election in Texas and 51% elected to consider suceeding that Perry would pay attention? No way.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Raulken

I must be doubly monitored then. I'm a veteran and I frequent this site. Good times.

new topics

top topics

join