It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Texan bid for secession be the spark for detention of U.S. citizens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is a thread based on purely speculation.

Right now, the Texan bid for freedom has over 100,000 signatories (could've changed in the last day or two) which is quite astounding considering only 25,000 signatures are needed to bring the matter to the attention of the Federal Govt.

The Federal Government already have the Patriot Act, NDAA et al, which allows them to lift you off the street and placed into indefinite detention centres for being a suspected terrorist.

We have seen the U.S. oil wars (Iraq, Afghanistan [securing the pipeline from the Caspian sea] and most recently, Libya) and some of you should be familiar with how the dollar works (petro-dollar).

"How is this relevant?" you may ask. Well, Texas currently controls approx. 1/4th of all oil on the U.S. mainland, and a further 1/3rd of all gas on the U.S. mainland. Quite a lot of the pipelines bringing oil into the U.S. from S. America also run through Texas. So, what happens if Texas leaves? Will the pipelines be removed, will there be charges for running them over sovereign territory?

I believe that if Texas DOES secede (which it seems like to do, as they have threatened to leave the union twice, and followed through on their threats. Also, I remember a Texan Judge threatening civil war if Obama was re-elected, can't find the thread though) we will be treading a very fine line, which could lead to the Police State that so many conspiracy theorists fear. But, another part of me wonders; What if the "Shadow Govt" knows people will be watching and allow this breakaway to hurt the reputation of self proclaimed "truthers"?

Is Texas' break away part of a wider plan, or is it a set back for TPTB?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan
This is a thread based on purely speculation.

Right now, the Texan bid for freedom has over 100,000 signatories (could've changed in the last day or two) which is quite astounding considering only 25,000 signatures are needed to bring the matter to the attention of the Federal Govt.

I believe that if Texas DOES secede (which it seems like to do, as they have threatened to leave the union twice, and followed through on their threats. Also, I remember a Texan Judge threatening civil war if Obama was re-elected, can't find the thread though) we will be treading a very fine line, which could lead to the Police State that so many conspiracy theorists fear. But, another part of me wonders; What if the "Shadow Govt" knows people will be watching and allow this breakaway to hurt the reputation of self proclaimed "truthers"?

Is Texas' break away part of a wider plan, or is it a set back for TPTB?

There is absolutely no "Texas bid for freedom" other than a pointless petition made by single citizens, not by the State of Texas. IN order for any request to secede to even be considered, it would have to be brought by the State of Texas, through it's legislature. This is not occurring and it won't.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

There is absolutely no "Texas bid for freedom" other than a pointless petition made by single citizens, not by the State of Texas. IN order for any request to secede to even be considered, it would have to be brought by the State of Texas, through it's legislature. This is not occurring and it won't.

What this dude said. There isn't going to be a succession. There will be four more years of a lackluster Presidency/Congress/Senate where nothing much will get done. The economy will probable recovery a bit and then a Republican will be voted in. The world will keep spinning without to much going on.

Hell whats it matter anyways worlds ending again soon aways

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

The power falls to those people whether they want to break away or not.

Sure, the State might not have signed, but if the people truly want their state to leave then the State must follow their will.

Otherwise the reputation of the U.S. internationally will keep falling and falling. I mean, who will support the U.S.'s calls for Iran and Syria to stop terrorizing their own people, when they do the same thing to their own citizens quite blatantly?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan
... which could lead to the Police State that so many conspiracy theorists fear. But, another part of me wonders; What if the "Shadow Govt" knows people will be watching and allow this breakaway to hurt the reputation of self proclaimed "truthers"?

I think the current civil unrest is part of the overall plan. For a long time now, the elections have been cut down to "the same as the guy you have now" or "the same as the guy you have now, but more openly extreme". It's an exercise in getting where they're going at variable speed. Suggesting that they're gutting freedoms without consideration of the backlash would be short-sighted, so I'll go the opposite way. They're gutting freedoms specifically to provoke a reaction from the people who actually pay attention and don't just switch the channel when something offends them.

They have been preparing for an uprising for some time, and doing things that in previous generations likely would have provoked some sort of civil unrest by now. Partly just to see how much of their reaction they can make legal before they put it into action. And then what percentage of you they can legally call terrorists and enemy combatants.

Now, whether secession is the starting point, or armed uprising, or stop-work actions... who knows? What are they currently allowed to put down using overwhelming force? What legislation is in the works for allowing expanded powers in that area?

new topics

top topics

join