It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some men do this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

It says something about you that you bring it up on a predominantly male board.

Need much attention?

Honestly, I wasn't aware that ATS was a predominantly male board so, I'm not sure why that matters.

Even so, wouldn't that make the most sense....asking a male dominant board about the behavior of....males?

However, based on your theory of me needing attention.....

Thanks for the attention...I really needed that!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You are right, this question should be asked for Males, rather than females it is predominantly Male behaviour

But,

Internet is mainly male dominated
!!!.

Just like female gamers don't exist!!! :O!!!!!

edit on 11/20/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You're right...I probably should have read his post in more detail but, honestly, it was like a big block of ranting text so, I probably didn't take the time read it thoroughly. My apologies to the original poster of that reply.

On your other point, you're right again....it's been discussed throughout the thread already. In fact, I brought up the point that there is a bit of a double standard when it comes to women behaving in the same manner.

It seems the consensus is....men rather enjoy the attention whereas, some women don't.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have some friends who do this, but they've upgraded their cat calls. They are actually looking to make the guy with the girl mad. Instead of addressing the girl, they will call out to the guy and say "Your sister's hot!" as they roll down the street. I've been in the car with them a few times while they do this. I must say I'm guilty for not calling them out for it, but I don't actively practice this idiocy.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

You are right, this question should be asked for Males, rather than females it is predominantly Male behaviour

But,

Internet is mainly male dominated
!!!.

Just like female gamers don't exist!!! :O!!!!!

edit on 11/20/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Didn't know that either....boo! Where are all the female internet junkies?

Oh, and I know that last part is false....I've been a gamer since the days of Atari! Yeah, I said it!

ATARI

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
I have some friends who do this, but they've upgraded their cat calls. They are actually looking to make the guy with the girl mad. Instead of addressing the girl, they will call out to the guy and say "Your sister's hot!" as they roll down the street. I've been in the car with them a few times while they do this. I must say I'm guilty for not calling them out for it, but I don't actively practice this idiocy.

Evolution perhaps?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
reply to post by Lonewulph

The only troll here is you and your obvious attention-seeking behavior. Pathetic excuse for a broad. How old are you? Ten?

"Why do men whistle at me? OMG, I'm with my husband. It's so embarrassing."

Could you be more obvious?

Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist? You should.

NARCISSIST.

Pssst.....

Lonewulph isn't the original author of this thread.

Just thought you would like to know.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The evolution of immaturity lol

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

You're thinking of egotistical or self-absorbed. I think you nailed it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Ever notice how the IQ level of these ignorant fellows seems to be on the low side? I have always hated this. I've seen women get really nervous when some stranger pays them a bit too much verbal attention.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not but, he was responding to a person that called him a troll and mistaking lonewulph for the OP.

So, basically you agreed that lonewulph is egotistical and self-absorbed just because he/she called him a troll.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

The evolution of immaturity lol

At least it might be a good start.
edit on 20-11-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

No, he replied to the wrong poster, but I'm agreeing with his assessment that the OP is an attention seeker. The thread is absurd.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt

No, he replied to the wrong poster, but I'm agreeing with his assessment that the OP is an attention seeker. The thread is absurd.

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I think you know exactly why this has happened to you on numerous occasions.

If you truly do not like it, then maybe you should consider not wearing such tight clothing while out & about in public. I'm assuming tight jeans (or short shorts when it's warm), with a tight perky shirt etc.....

Aside from that↑, I think it is a total waste of time to put much thought into what makes people do the things that they do.(In any situation whatsoever).

Personally, I cannot explain what made me do some of the stupid crap that I've done in the past, so I sure as Hell don't even try to figure out what makes other people do the things that they do.

Why didn't I think of that!!!! You, good sir, are a genius and I am forever indebted to you for your words of wisdom and advice.

Oh, and you know what they say about making assumptions don't ya?

Yes, as a matter of fact I do know, which is why I went ahead and made it clear that I was only assuming.

I see that you completely avoided my actual points. By choosing to go with the sarcastic approach, while making no attempt whatsoever of denying any of the details within my assumption, you only add credence to the assumption, which raises the possibility of it's accuracy.

reply to post by jeantherapy

Originally posted by jeantherapy

A nude lady deserves even more respect. There is no clothing combination that justifies any man being anything other than gentlemanly when speaking to a lady. Even if you are soliciting a prostitute, you had better be saying "Yes, please" and "Thank you ma'am."
Total nonsense.

Regardless, did I say that is was justifiable behavior? Nope. I said no such thing.

What I said was that if it actually does bother her so much, she knows what needs to be done to prevent it. (or at least lessen the possibility of it occurring)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Understood!

Thanks!
edit on 21-11-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join