Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why do some men do this?

page: 2
3
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


Its a group thing... you would never seem them do this alone, i know one friend who does this, or did it when i was around...

im like "dude wtf you doing??"
he was like "what are you gay...?"
i was "that could be her brother or bf"
he was"so what, it not like im doing something to them."

I seen other things "group of men" do as well, like making old people feel miserable.

Men just do it more openly, compared to women.

It just that some are brought up in a way where they think its is okay to do.
I had something similar happen while I was sitting shotgun with a 14-year-younger friend of mine... he honked his horn at an attractive gal walking on the sidewalk... I confronted him about doing something so classless with me in his presence --- he ignored my fervor and continued to act as if his action was standard practice.

Why do we do it?

Why do we still drag our knuckles? Why do we salivate when something we find most attractive captures our attention? Why do we scratch our a$$es? Because we're Hunter Gatherers! Because we're still Cavemen!

Yeah, when you can get answers to those questions, I'll get an answer to the *Why do women mean say "just leave me alone!" when they really mean "Will you please talk to me already!"* conundrum, then we can begin to expect a life of dullness thanks to the lack of mystery within our genders' DNA!

Yeah, I'll pass on that colorless picture!




posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I suppose in the days gone by trying to find a mate was a difficult task as when we lived in the tree's you'd need some how to get the females attention while she's about her daily business and could be 10 tree's away by the time you had said "excuse me madam" in your best monkey where as a swift whistle would make her stop and give both of you chance to have a proper look and if you didn't like what you saw run away (applies to both sides)

so the sort of men who still practice the ancient arts are those probably still carrying more of the ancient genes and those sort of people are normally the sort you find doing construction/more basic jobs as those of us with more technical/nerdy jobs already know its a waste of effort as she wouldn't waste a single look on us poor nerds



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Humans are scumbags, what else can I say. I was out walking in a park with a girl and a car with four guys rolled up and they told her "Get in the car." Not, "hey miss, want to ditch the nerd and come with us?" They issued her an order. "What's the matter, afraid of black guys?" "No" These guys tried to kill me with their car (the girl and I were on foot). Fortunately she was tiny and I grabbed her up and ran in the woods, and some other motorists came by shortly after and these guys left, but it was clear they were intending to rape my friend. I don't even have many female friends any longer; any time some thug mistreats a lady friend I see red and get to thinking about giving him the Dexter treatment. But once you go down that road you can't come back, so I haven't.


That is an insane story! I'm glad you and your friend made it out of the situation safely.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well i personally think its a peer pressure kind of thing, when males are in packs/ groups they tend to show their masculinity by attempting to tame a female through wolf whistling or ''hey baby, hey baby'' gesture.

I highly doubt the same male would carry out the same gestures had he been all by him self....that would be truly awkward......for him.....

So yeah its just natural male behaviour/ tendencies when in groups, mainly for extroverts.

A group of introverts would probably THINK 'hey baby. hey baby'' in their heads but wouldnt have the ''balls'' to actually wolf whistle at a female on the road .



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


Pretty much sums it up. Too many of us chase the prize between the thighs and this further empowers the wicked witches. Burn them all I say!! Just kidding, I hate to love those awful creatures.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


Its a group thing... you would never seem them do this alone, i know one friend who does this, or did it when i was around...

im like "dude wtf you doing??"
he was like "what are you gay...?"
i was "that could be her brother or bf"
he was"so what, it not like im doing something to them."

I seen other things "group of men" do as well, like making old people feel miserable.

Men just do it more openly, compared to women.

It just that some are brought up in a way where they think its is okay to do.


Your friend might have something done to him if he picks the wrong couple.


I have a feeling that if it were 1 or 2 guys as oppossed to 3 of 4, my husband would have wiped the parking lot with them.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


As a member of the male side of the species, I can honestly tell the reason for this type of behaviuor is. Buggered if I know. I do tend to find that it seems to be the less intelligent part of our gene pool, aparently breaking wind is funny as well . They just seem to go hand in hand, so if you see a guy who laughs when his mate farts. Take a different route.
I hope this helps.
edit on 19-11-2012 by cody599 because: Bad punctuation


Your post made me laugh! I like your sense of humor.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The best thing for a woman to do is ignore it.

In my experience, here is why men make cat calls:
Sometimes men don't think with their big heads.
Their buddies reinforce their behavior.
Some women reinforce their behavior.
Men confuse embarrassment with approval when a woman smiles at them.
If a woman shoots a bird at them, that is also reinforcement.
Mainly men do this to impress the other men.

Many grown men become high school boys when they get together.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


I could tell you honestly, as it doesnt seem to be very intelligent to me. However i have several friends who do these kinds of things so I will attempt to explain it from my perspective.

Think of it this way, a guy walks into a room, and there are 47 women, no matter what his looks or attitude, chances are at least 1 will be interested. So it is up to the guy to "sift" through them for the "type' he is looking for. ( you know, nothing serious, just a good time and no names)

So by being as ignorant as possible, they are trying to see very quickly if she is this "type" of woman. If she isnt, no problem, move along to the next one, if she is, she will respond accordingly. So it basically breaks down to trying to find the loose women as fast as possible.



Makes sense...trial and error.

Thanks!



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101
Well i personally think its a peer pressure kind of thing, when males are in packs/ groups they tend to show their masculinity by attempting to tame a female through wolf whistling or ''hey baby, hey baby'' gesture.

I highly doubt the same male would carry out the same gestures had he been all by him self....that would be truly awkward......for him.....

So yeah its just natural male behaviour/ tendencies when in groups, mainly for extroverts.

A group of introverts would probably THINK 'hey baby. hey baby'' in their heads but wouldnt have the ''balls'' to actually wolf whistle at a female on the road .


That's definately something I keep reading in this thread...the pack mentality sort of thing. And, thinking back, I don't think it's ever happened to me by just one guy. It's definately usually groups of men.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


i want to say its peer presure, a group of guys see a good looking girl and start talking about it, so the lead male in the group to look cool in front of there friends start being a jack@ss, in turn the followers start to follow the lead male. Im sure these groups of males dont get laid on a regular basis either, so there frustrated, and do to there upbringing cant draw the line between appropriate and unappropriated behavior, and as adults they have not tried to understand the line between appropriate/unappropriate behavior. and i will say this for every 10 women(just an example) one or less enjoy the attention brought on by these weak minded men. so these men being weak minded only focus on the positive results of there actions and not the many negative results.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


i will say this though, i have had my behind slapped in public by a women who i did not know who was with her freinds, so it may go both ways, guys just take it as a compliment though



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


When you put it like that
Kinda makes one think Muslims are on to something


Only joking I love you all

If you'll let me




posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Seinfeld: "...We know what men want. Men want women... How do we get 'em? Oh, we don't know that...

"This is why you see men honking horns, yelling from construction sites... These are the best ideas we've had so far...."


edit on 11/19/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


i want to say its peer presure, a group of guys see a good looking girl and start talking about it, so the lead male in the group to look cool in front of there friends start being a jack@ss, in turn the followers start to follow the lead male. Im sure these groups of males dont get laid on a regular basis either, so there frustrated, and do to there upbringing cant draw the line between appropriate and unappropriated behavior, and as adults they have not tried to understand the line between appropriate/unappropriate behavior. and i will say this for every 10 women(just an example) one or less enjoy the attention brought on by these weak minded men. so these men being weak minded only focus on the positive results of there actions and not the many negative results.


You've pretty much said what the others have stated. It was just pretty shocking for them to be bold enough to do it with my husband right there.

That's only happened one other time since we've been together. Which is kind of a bizarre story too. When my husband approached the men, they cowardly tried to blame the whistling on a little boy that was in the car with them. Talk about a macho move! Blame it on the little kid.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


i will say this though, i have had my behind slapped in public by a women who i did not know who was with her freinds, so it may go both ways, guys just take it as a compliment though


Interesting point you make. There are women that do it too, same pack mentatlity as men only perhaps it just doesn't happen as often.

Makes you wonder how that woman would have reacted if it were her bottom getting smacked by a guy ????

Bit of a double standard....Unless her behavior is an indication that she really wouldn't mind having her bottom smacked which could very well be the case.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Although I don't shout out of cars at women. I might suggest you enjoy the attention while you can. We all get old and we all value our youth. We're all vain.

reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 

edit on 19-11-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Although I don't shout out of cars at women. I might suggest you enjoy the attention while you can. We all get old and we all value our youth. We're all vain.

reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 

edit on 19-11-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)


I completely get what you're saying and after getting a better understanding of the mentality behind it all, it makes sense why guys do what they do.

What I don't understand though is why they would risk a butt whooping by doing it while I'm with my husband.

I probably should have asked this in my original post...duh! But, if you were in that situation with your wife/gf, how would you react.

Darn it!!! Why didn't I ask that?



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Seinfeld: "...We know what men want. Men want women... How do we get 'em? Oh, we don't know that...

"This is why you see men honking horns, yelling from construction sites... These are the best ideas we've had so far...."


edit on 11/19/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)


That was perfect!

I forgot all about that episode.

Thanks for that



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


Beats me, I never understood why other guys do that. I think it's just rude, there is never an excuse for being rude.

reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


Awesome, you always have the best rants.

I enjoy reading them.






top topics



 
3
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join