Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

German “Rose Monday” Carnival Floats:

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Isn't this lovely, they dedicated most of their parade to make fun of the US. I wonder if this will make it to CNN.

I got this in my E-Mail today and at first it seemed like a joke but when I checked it turned out that it was a real parade in Germany. We are the joke !

Anyway here are a bunch of creepy/funny/embarrassing floats at German Rose Monday parade.

15 Creepy Parade Floats Of President Obama

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

How sad the U.S. is viewed as the butt of jokes in Germany. All I can say is....bring 'em over here, use them in our Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...if the shoe fits...wear it....

ETA: On looking again, I think some of those are the product of photoshop....

Des

edit on 19-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The images from the link are from many places, including Portugal, and, to me, they are not creepy, they are perfectly normal in Carnival.

Edit: in answer to your "Isn't this lovely, they dedicated most of their parade to make fun of the US. I wonder if this will make it to CNN.", I would like to say two things:
1 - The images in that site are from 6 different countries, from at least 3 different years, so no, they didn't dedicate most of their parade to make fun of the US, although they could.
2 - Carnival is (usually) in February, so I doubt that CNN will say anything about it now.
edit on 19/11/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

The images from the link are from many places, including Portugal, and, to me, they are not creepy, they are perfectly normal in Carnival.

Edit: in answer to your "Isn't this lovely, they dedicated most of their parade to make fun of the US. I wonder if this will make it to CNN.", I would like to say two things:
1 - The images in that site are from 6 different countries, from at least 3 different years, so no, they didn't dedicate most of their parade to make fun of the US, although they could.
2 - Carnival is (usually) in February, so I doubt that CNN will say anything about it now.
edit on 19/11/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

I just logged in to add that I didn't read what it said at the website. It came in the email and I read what the email said but not what is in the website. Yes thank you for pointing it out. These pictures are old and they make fun of everybody not just the US. My fault. Sorry.
edit on 19-11-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join