It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voluntary Slaves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I found out on the net this, pretty nice and wrote by an american citizen:

The psychology of submission

April 15, 2003
I�m writing this on April 15. I don�t have to tell you what day that is. If any day of the year should remind Americans that they have become slaves of the state, it�s this one, when we have to cough up a large fraction of our earnings � or else. Yet the implications of this never seem to sink in with most people.

�Well, we live in a democracy. Ultimately, we the people rule. That is what self-government means.� Really? What does ultimately signify? As a practical matter, it doesn�t help much.

Has someone from the government ever come to your door? If so, was he coming to do you a favor, or to demand something from you, with an implied or express threat of punishment if you didn�t obey him?

And was this government agent someone you voted for? Did he win his job in an election? Did you have any practical means of controlling him or removing him from office? Sure, you might be able to defend yourself by hiring a lawyer, but having to defend yourself against your government and its unelected, virtually unremovable agents hardly sounds like �self-government.� Elected officials don�t make house calls.

The slogans of democracy are empty, because the state, democratic or not, is organized force. That�s all it is. The usual moral norms of human dealings don�t apply to it. It claims authority no other institution does, including the authority to rob and even kill.

But don�t we still enjoy precious freedoms? Yes, indeed, and we�d better hold on to them very tightly. Most of them, like habeas corpus, are a legacy of Anglo-Saxon law, not democracy. They weren�t created by the men who rule us today. In fact the present regime would never have created our civil liberties, lives with them grudgingly, and often disregards them or actively works to reduce them.

Like roiling water, war often brings interesting things to the surface. During the long buildup to the Iraq war, allegedly (like all our wars) a war for �freedom,� advocates of war challenged the moral right of others to oppose the war, even in the planning stage. They grudgingly admitted the legal right to oppose it, but they clearly felt that such opposition was a form of insubordination, even disloyalty and treason, rather than an exercise of self-government and freedom itself. If you didn�t support our rulers in their desire for war, you were apt to be called �anti-American.�

Throughout the bitter debate, I was struck by the way pro-war people referred to the government � or that part of it that sought war � as �we.� If you opposed the war the Bush administration wanted, you were against �us,� on the side of �our� enemy.

A friend of mine observes that the state achieves its real victory when the people call the state �we.� It means that the people have become so servile that they no longer consider themselves separate from their masters.

When you reflect on this, it is simply amazing. I got the most furious reaction of my writing career recently when I criticized the U.S. Government for killing and maiming Iraqi civilians. I was accused of attacking �us.� I was given tortuous justifications for �our� policy.

Why do people feel they must justify those who tyrannize them? I think it�s because their self-respect is at stake. They don�t want to feel or recognize that they have become voluntary slaves of the state. That would be too humiliating. So they consent to their own servitude with a vengeance.

By defending the state, they can feel that they are on the side of power � which is true. They can also feel, in spite of the most obvious facts, the illusion of freedom. Like children sucking up to a schoolyard bully, they can pretend they are not in abject fear of what they defend.

What we are really seeing is total submission to the state masquerading as patriotism. Nobody wants to feel like a slave, to admit that his acts are governed by fear. All the rhetoric of democracy is designed to disguise these discomfiting realities of power.

The state wants us to think we are free. Our rulers themselves want to feel they are merely protecting freedom. Nobody seems to stop to measure the regime against the principles of the 1776, when April 15 was still a day like any other.

www.sobran.com...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Did the nice American Citizen mention how they intended to find money to pay for maintaining state highways, bridges, railroads, airports, waterways, oil pipelines, military projects, a standing army, etc, etc, etc?

Or does he just think we should print up money (ah, inflation!) as we need it?

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"I'll stay in the Matrix...thank you" variety....even if I'm "free", eating cold spam and living in a cardboard box just doesn't appeal to me...or waiting in a line for my daily ration of bread...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Strange enough ColdAnger I understand your point.

I cant remember whos quote this is but here it is
" people give up certain freedoms in order for thier safety and security"

Does it mean that we are slaves, possibly, But then who isn't????

We are slaves if you look at it in the correct way. A leader of a country is a slave to its people. Not always equally a slave, But a slave is a slave.

I ask you ColdAnger, Give me a definition of what you think a slave is???

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That quote is from my signature, Benjamin Franklin said it in relation to british oppression of americans over two hundred years ago and twenty years before the American Revolution.

XAOS

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm w/ Byrd and Gazrok: Who the heck is going to pick up my damn trash!?!?! And who the heck are my neighbors going to call when I am playing my music too loud??

And yes, I think taxes are too high but has the author looked across the Atlantic to see what they pay?

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
coldanger, check out my post in subject "Freedom a'int what it used to be" in Web-Related Discussion. Yeah it might sound kind of crazy to you, equity law vs common law, but that is one way people become slaves, by contract.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
When you forget your history, you are a slave.

And what are the Liberals in this country doing? Making us forget history, how?

By "diversity".

In high school they were so busy teaching how the Indians were mistreated, that we never even got to learn that America went to the Moon.

A + B + C = ABC cultures never work.

Assimilation or dissociation.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Speaking to byrd as Londo Millari (Yes my good friend G'kar. If a country allows the banks to practice fractional reserve banking, then the government can pay its bills simply by printing money.) Here is another item that when you bring it up with the average conspiracy theorist, they look at you as if you crazy and just landed from Mars. If you permit fractional reserve banking, then the banks create money out of thin air. (If you don't believe me go to any federal reserve web site and look up fractional reserve). In a nut shell this is how it works: You deposit $100 in the bank, it can loan $90 (reserve on 10 per cent). Normally that loan is deposited in the bank (if it is deposited in another bank, it becomes part of that banks reserves). Now the bank can loan $81 of the $90 just deposited. The $81 is placed in the bank, of which $72.90 can be loaned, etc.
Based on a deposit of $100 and a reserve limit of 10%, the banks can generate loans of $1000 which is the creation of money out of thin air. The federal government could very well raise the reserve limits on banks and then just print dollars to pay its bills. The results on inflation would just be the same. (Except the banks wouldn't be making as much money).

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
*sigh*

The only reason why I even bother replying is because I now have an ally in jagdflieger.

The IRS is nothing more than agents working for foreign entities; their badges are not even government badges as you might assume. You'll not find "U.S. I.R.S." as it is not an agency of the U.S. government.

The money collected is for the debt owed to the international bankers. This nation has been bankrupt for decades.

If you are in possession of a birth certificate, a social security number, heck, even a driver's liscense, you are chattel property and the lien is against your straw man.

Many of you keep screaming about your rights. Do you have mail delivered to you through the USPS, with a zip code? Guess what, pal, you are attached to the federal government, to the district of Columbia, therefore you are not entitled to all of what you normally would be if you were a sovereign man on the land.

That is why you have to obtain a liscense to "operate" a "motor vehicle" and purchase weapons permits, even though a cursory understanding of the constitution should clue you in that they are not necessary, unless you have a commercial need for them.

Come on, you Americans, think about it!

As far as how would we pay for roads and the like, your fuel taxes, import/export taxes, the constitutional taxes would cover that.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly!!!

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 02:08 AM
link   
My God Thomas, you must be from Mars also!!!!!!!!! Imagine someone who can grasp the concept of artifical person versus natural person, equity law versus common law and knows what CFR, USC, and UCC means. I bet those alien conspiracy believers still whip out their credit cards to pay for that trip to the MUFON convention. They still sign those government forms and go to churches which still have that 501(c)(3) status.
If you have read my posts in the "Civil War?" thread, you will realize that yours truly doesn't have much hope for this nation to reverse its slide into fascism. That is because people rather believe in aliens than believe that there is a difference in equity law and common law or in the problems generated by fractional reserve banking. The typical conspiracy believer will spend hour after hour looking for Aurora (I always thought that was a defunct model company) or UFO's but won't spend one minute researching law or supreme court cases.

By the way if you haven't done so, check out Chris Hansen's sitewww.familyguardian.tzo.com...

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
LOL!!
Outside of Esquires, I imagine I'm the only man in Alabama that owns a Black's Law Dictionary.

Interesting thing about words, they really do have meaning. In order to understand what falls out of your mouth when you are in front of the judge, you really do need to start at the letter "A" and work from there.

Procedure, procedure, procedure.

And make sure the correct flag is displayed in the courtroom. Don't be caught dead in the wrong jurisdiction.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Strange enough ColdAnger I understand your point.

I cant remember whos quote this is but here it is
" people give up certain freedoms in order for thier safety and security"

Does it mean that we are slaves, possibly, But then who isn't????

We are slaves if you look at it in the correct way. A leader of a country is a slave to its people. Not always equally a slave, But a slave is a slave.

I ask you ColdAnger, Give me a definition of what you think a slave is???

A slave is a tool for a manipulator, the lowest level of the pyramid, and also a slave is somebody that doesn�t life according to the minimum of rights, or that is being obligated to do something (like we do in our society, or u like it, or if u are not in it u will die starving), you have no choice, u work 8h a day, 5 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 11 months a year, till you are 65, all for what? for buy things we don�t need, while 80% of the rest works even harder and they are starving in poor countries, and nobody gives a damn, we are all slaves, some more some less, but have money doesn�t mean that u are free (like most of the americans are thinking), but if your money finishes, or u loose your job, you loose your freedom, the system is gotcha, all the time, or u listen and u obey or u are in trouble, meaning that u become a voluntary slave knowing that u won�t find something better...

top topics

join