CNN Breaking Poll: Americans Support Israel 4x More Than Palestinians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

CNN BREAKING NEWS textbreakingnews@ema3lsv06.turner.com

More than four times as many Americans, 59%, sympathize with the Israelis compared with those who sympathize with the Palestinians, 13%, in the ongoing conflict in the Middle East, according to a new CNN/ORC International poll released today.

In the survey, 57% also said that Israeli military action in the Gaza strip was justified, compared to 24% who said it was unjustified. Three out of four U.S. Republicans thought the Israeli action was justified, compared to 41% of Democrats and 59% of Independents. The poll has a sampling error of plus or minus 3%.

For more on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, watch CNN TV or go to CNN.com.

I honestly figured it would be much high for Palestinian support, with all the Internet and Media push showing the utter destruction and death of the Children in Gaza.

You know 50% of the population of Gaza is under 15? That's unheard of anywhere else in the world.
edit on 19-11-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

It's breaking news because they asked 1000 people for their opinion and extrapolate that to what a whole country of 300 million think? I always have doubts when they say a subject group is indicative for a whole population's opinion because let's face it, we are all different and we all have different opinions.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Most of these Americans are unaware of history, and the christians only care about Israel so they can protect their phony holy land

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
We vote for civilized people and I use the word people . Tell the UN how you think if you have a problem it's another f their messes.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I honestly figured it would be much high for Palestinian support, with all the Internet and Media push showing the utter destruction and death of the Children in Gaza.

Most Americans see Palestinians for exactly how they are. Why did this entire conflict start? Because Palestinians insist on electing a militant organization to office that constantly barrages Israel with rockets. We call that probable cause for Israel to bomb them back.

You know 50% of the population of Gaza is under 15? That's unheard of anywhere else in the world.

They live off World assistance.. all they do is breed like it's a full time job.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This story is an outright lie. I've been on CNN's website monitoring their coverage of Gaza. Over 80% of the posts support the Palestines. Where was the poll done at the temple?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Most Americans see Palestinians for exactly how they are. Why did this entire conflict start? Because Palestinians insist on electing a militant organization to office that constantly barrages Israel with rockets. We call that probable cause for Israel to bomb them back.

They live off World assistance.. all they do is breed like it's a full time job.

So Palestinian elections are democratic and unable to be undermined? Come on, its debatable if we have free elections here in the US. To think anyone else's "elections" are 100% legal and infallible is a pipe dream. I highly doubt any of the leaders in many countries aren't corrupt and in someone else's pocket.

edit on 19-11-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Hammas is a well liked organization in Palestine. Their social arm is actually quite impressive, compared to past parties they actually do their job and help the people. However they insist on maintaining their militant "wing" who's sole goal is to kill as many Israelis as possible. This conflict didn't start last week.. rockets have been flying into Israel since the end of the last war. Whether or not the elections are corrupted or not is immaterial.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds

Originally posted by eagleeye2
American support ignorance x4 over knowledge.

Yeah because people who don't agree with your viewpoint are ignorant. I remember in middle school calling people names when they didn't agree with me, I don't do that anymore because.......I'm an adult. Did it ever occur to you that most Americans support Israel simply because our or cultures are very similar compared to the Palestinians? I loathe Jewish multiculturalism and Bolshevism but I'll side with Israel any day of the week. Why don't the Palestinians demand their land back from jordan?

Thank you,
You proved my point.
Proved you are spoon fed by hollywood.
You guys as a whole really are ignorant, i'm really sorry to say it this way but it is what it is.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join