It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the next 4 years are REALLY going to look like....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by Indigo5

Population grew by approx 180,000 / month.

Jobs grew by 163,000 / month (base average 2012).

Yet, government lists unemployment numbers as going down.

Basic math...the US is currently haemorrhaging the active labour force.

That is not a good thing.

Basic math became a job that replaced manufacturing. We stopped making things and building things and started moving numbers around on paper. Everybody wants to be in banking and even they were laying off recently. During the 80's we saw huge loses in blue collar jobs and more bank jobs as places downsized and the financial sector started to out pace making and building. It takes brave politicians to stand up for big infrastructure projects but now we call that pork. Can't win. It is set up so you can't. They wealthy have what they want and the rest is inconsequential...doesn't matter.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4

Originally posted by newcovenant

Obama's Next 4 Years -- Back to the Future

President Obama's victory means it's back to the future for economic as well as social policies.

It means he now has the mandate to implement what the electorate chose him for -- a functioning government to not only fix disasters such as Hurricane Sandy, but the economy; to lead the United States of America into the future, rather than backward with Republican economic policies of the 1920s

Yes, that does mean government creates jobs, contrary to the Bain Capital ethos -- whether in Detroit, or with clean energy investments, infrastructure building, better regulations that prevent economic disasters, and lower cost student loans that enable a better educated workforce.

The future belongs to those who have recognized that the richest have been helping themselves, rather than the country. It belongs to those who see that government is for the common good, rather than the few.

I see the next 4 years will be a scaling down of American participation in the violent out breaks in the Mideast as we play less of an active role in those politics and more of a supporting role for Israel.

I see some inoperative useless military equipment NOT being purchased for the first time in a decade just because we were loyal to the defense contractor that made them.

I see even MORE homeless veterans being pulled off the streets, and given jobs and the position of respect they deserve in the communities they served.

Meanwhile US gun sales will continue to skyrocket making gun makers rich while right wingers maintain their 2nd amendment is being threatened and meanwhile more innocent people will die from gun violence than ever before in the nations history.

I see movement on immigration reform and a path to citizen ship finally created.

I see some compromise reached on Student debt.

I see Wall Street Regulations begin to work and grow the economy.

I see housing prices continue to raise and people getting back to work.

I see great improvements in the stock market and the economic outlook for the country.

I see the world's opinion of the USA grow favorable.

I see reasonable tax increases on the wealthy and a gradual lowering of our National Debt.

I see rights for Unions, workers and the people who build this country from the bottom up finally strengthened and supported.

Reproductive and personal rights of women protected.

The environment finally has a spokesperson in charge.

Gays will not be forced back into a closet.

Teachers will be supported and their demands answered, their rights protected.

I see education actually matters, kids excelling in science and math and finally able to take the jobs we typically send out to Asia because they are "better at it."

Social security and medicare will be strengthened, protections for the elderly will be enforced.

Rather than advertisements for fattening junk food I see the first lady out front pushing a healthy agenda and diet for American kids, finally doing justice by them and giving them a shot at a healthy life.

Thanks to Obamacare many parents will be able to keep their kids on their insurance and be saved the financial hardship outrageous medical bills they would have stepped in and assumed anyway.

I see men and women living longer because they have regular diagnostic testing and can take preventative measures to stop an illness before it gets out of control and ends their lives prematurely.

I see people with pre-existing conditions living longer with treatment to the delight of their families and children.

edit on 19-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

Do you see rainbows and unicorns too?

Decause wake up. You're dreaming.

You aren't paying attention.

Most of it already happened

and the rest will be coming, more likely than not...sort of just finishing up what he campaigned on and didn't finish. I think he will do that. It is as likely as anything else and more likely than most.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Ya and the economy was still bleeding. Do you think
Politicians have magical powers?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Sorry for the off topic post, but man is there something creepy about your avatar...good counter thread btw.

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I see continued massive increases in public debt at all levels of government. I see continued increases in private unemployment rates. I see more homeless and "obamavilles" popping up all over the country. I see over 50% on the dole in one form or another. I see the wealthy fleeing for tax havens. I see the rise of the 28 hour work week where people need 2 part time jobs just to get by. I hope for the economic collapse and massive reset we need.

That is not going to happen.
There will be no instance where "the people" say OK abuse me, because I am a lowly worker and you are the establishment and you have won. They will strike - and who loses? The Corporation goes under.

People ALREADY WORK 2 FULLTIME JOBS so 2 part time jobs will be giving them a break.

We WILL collapse and many operations will go out of business but it will not affect the poor.
You can't subtract nothing from nothing.

When that day comes the poor will help each other - we will go back to sustenance farming, as we always have. People will boycott poor employers and rush to the honorable and ethical.

Meanwhile the rich will begin to eat their own.
edit on 19-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

You are delusional and ill-informed. Some coursework in Micro and Macro-Economics would do well for you!

I like how you refer to the "poor" as having nothing... BULLOCKS! When the tax base shrinks to non-existence due to closed businesses and lack of income tax revenue, how will the "poor" get the medical insurance Obama promised? Or the food stamps? Or the disability payments? Or the Social Security payments? Or the unemployment benefits? Or the Head Start Program? Or federally subsidized daycare? Or the guaranteed student loans? Or Section 8 housing? Or FHA loans? or any of the myriad of handouts that they are currently on dole for??? Answer: THEY WON'T!!!

As for the "poor" going back to sustenance farming...

These people can't tie their own shoes without government help, and you think they're going to farm? Farming is WORK! Many of those already on the take continue to elect to avoid work at all costs.

Nope, the next 4 years will continue the failed policies that the Marxist-In-Chief has implemented during the first 4 years. More deficit spending, higher debt, sustained and growing unemployment, more loss of Constitutional protections, more waffling, obfuscating and dissembling from an already inept administration, more bungles foreign policy, more lies to the American people, more legislating through UNLAWFUL executive orders, and more mouth-breathing Obama supporters running around wild-eyed defending the destruction of the country.

The next 4 years should mark the final salvo of attacks on what USED to make America great and complete the "great dismantling" that the Communists promised us would happen from within!

You need along with an economics lesson to get out there and survey the populace.
Again the people you are talking about with your BULLOCKS are not the poor.
They are the middle class.

Those poor are already doing without what you are threatening will be gone.
RE Farming, I already know people who are doing it. They feed themselves and trade goods among a small group of neighbors and in some cases a large extended family.

Marxist in chief??

He is a moderate Republican and a Hawk.

Obama is fine with most of the people I look at and listen to and come away considering "normal."
Typically I already notice the person is not playing with a full deck before I realize they are an Obama hater and on the other hand, as a rule I notice that when the people are wholesome, seem happy, well adjusted and reasonable...what a shocker! Obama supporters.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Yep, all that is left is blame Bush and call racism.

Okay then little boy, go cry wolf again.

Bully much?

He was talking about "white" racism.

When you categorically lash out at everything vaguely reminiscent of an insult you are going to "kill" a few of your friends. That's the hazard of indiscriminate rage and hair trigger anger. Not like it matters.

edit on 20-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Oh, so just throwing around the "Racist" card is productive???? Sure sure then, sure sure.

Oh, the little boy comment refers you crying wolf about racism. Maybe, just maybe, ask questions before casting your false assumption. Or, read what was typed, instead of cherry picking for your faked offended nature.

Seems to me like you are the one under a false assumption and ...

Also I recently noticed it is no coincidence...

...you are sticking to the thread like a big fat tic on a poor farm dog.

To what do I owe all the attention?

Have you no news to offer?
No threads to start of your own?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by beezzer

Racism is based off race, not political opinions. What you're describing is just people annoyed at you.

So they are just annoye at me because I'm not white?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Another bash the rich thread...ho-hum.

Yep, there are some ruthless wealthy folk out there. But how much is to much?

And once the rich are taxed out of existance, will you be coming after those who earn less than $250,000? You know? The average small business.

And once they're destroyed, who will you go after next?

We are so divided now that I see Obama being hated as much as Bush within the next two years.

To me, that's a good thing as we need different types of representation in DC. Not just the two we currently have.

Once the rich are taxed out of existence????

That is the single most nonsensical comment I've read all day. You have no idea who this party means when it says "rich" and "we" are not divided, you and the rest of the conspiracy theorists and old confederate army, the klan and the Tea Party are divided. The normal people are sticking together. Those of you screaming fire in the theater because you enjoy your freedom of speech....stay home.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by METACOMET
I see both sides of the absurd single party/two branch system continuing to dig themselves even deeper into their group-think positive feedback loop holes where they aggressively seek out mouth foaming, parroting agenda, talking heads that will tell them exactly what they want to hear so they can polarize themselves even further into opposing groups that offset each other so that the status quo of lunacy can be maintained.

Optimism doesn't have to foam.

As you can see illustrated here.

You want the froth? You will have to visit a right winger.

Make sure you have had a rabies shot first.

Um you do realize it is the left that has been historically quite violent, and currently call for "radical" ideologies about anyone who doesnt agree with them correct?

Just for example, it was the dems that founded the KKK, and they are also the same that demand Americans practicing their rights to petition their government for their grievances i e.. "deport everyone who signed a secession petition"

Just being honest here, I am neither left nor right, yet it seems to me that the left are fundamentally the "extremist" mindset here. I will link you about 6 pages full of youtube videos and quotes if you want, though i am sure you already know what I am talking about.

Uh yeah but they ARE fringe elements and radical extremists.
They don't hold public office...and they aren't our majority leaders Senators and Congressman

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Thepump

And that trend starting in 2008.
Now it is being reversed.
Those numbers you believe showed a reversal come from cooked books. They are lying and you are buying it. Get up real early one morning and go take a drive around your city. Look at the families living in their cars at wal-mart and in other such places. Look at the over packed shelters. Go check out the tent cities popping up all over this country. Then look yourself in the mirror and try to tell yourself it is actually getting better.

Originally posted by ThepumpOddly enough, the economy died "because the government
Got out of the way" and stopped regulating properly.
Government has not gotten out of the way since the 1913.

You are being dishonest OR you are buying your own bull.

The economy is not losing 750,000 a month, are you saying it is?

Please show me a source that indicates that the economy is getting worse than where we
were in Jan 2009

As I read your response, I decided to take a picture of the parking lot I was in.

The lot is so full there is a line in the street because there is nowhere to park due to

insane amount of business and money changing hands.

Here is the store on the corner, same story, so packed there is a line under the freeway over pass.

Here is a photo I took on the 15th by my place of business.

If the economy was so bad these people would not be shopping in such numbers.

Now...

The regulations that were in place after the great depression did just fine for 80 years,
until conservatives decided to "get out of the way". The FED is a private institution,
if that is what you are referring to.

edit on 20-11-2012 by Thepump because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The amount of money that people donated to politicians for the 2012 election cycle is staggering...there *is* money out there. The economy is hardly "booming", but things aren't as terrifying as they were at this time in 2008.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Romney's loss uncovered the ugly pallor of white racism, which until that point, had been well-hidden or in full denial

Oh PULLEASE! Are you really going to keep playing the racist card? Just under half of people voting voted for the businessman who believes in free enterprise. Your half voted for govt dependency and the welfare state. That is the truth, and if it hurts your feelings so be it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Uh yeah but they ARE fringe elements and radical extremists.

Now click your heels together and repeat after me...."there's no place like home, there's no place like home"

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well if the right have their way...America will fail..just so they can say...told ya so.

If all else fails...
Ron Paul to the rescue

By the way...I think Ron Paul is an old fart who needs to keep quiet and allow America to progress..

edit on 20-11-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I can

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hmm reminded me of Gobbels there:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State

And

The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and ove

Republicans are racist ad nausem what the next 4 years are really going to look like?

Racist if you disagree with the current administration about anything.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thought you were half white.

But um, you just said you have liberals upset with you after you give your political stances, that isn't racism, that's annoyed at your right wingism and your apologetic behavior towards republicans.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Racist if you disagree with the current administration about anything.

Right wing talking point that isn't true.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

ahahahah

You really think Romney was free market?

Did you forget about Romneycare? Assault weapon gun ban Romney signed?
edit on 21-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

ahahahah

You really think Romney was free market?

Did you forget about Romneycare? Assault weapon gun ban Romney signed?
edit on 21-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

Let me again post Ron Paul was my first choice. I've said it many times. I will not ever vote for a Democrat because the Democrats have chosen a welfare society over a free society.
Truly, though, the fight is of liberty minded vs totalitarian statist welfare big govt.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join