It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the next 4 years are REALLY going to look like....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by macman

Why don't you go mingle with your own kind in that other thread?

You and others are hijacking it with your nonsense.

Nah, I like it here. It is nice and cozy. And, I failed to see where you were made as the ruler on high, or that any ATS member could not post here.

Why not actually engage in discussion, or go over to the "Will not be named other conspiracy site" to tout your "Racism" card?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Often imitated never duplicated

From the party of slavery who still think they own others as if they have any right to tell others where to go.

Yep 4 more of the same old tune different day different thread.
edit on 19-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So you're upset that Orlaag mentioned a very real part of America, which is the white racism? I'm really confused as to why you're so angry over this. Would you get mad if someone told you the sky was blue?

Clearly you must have ignored them flipping out on election night and afterwards?

Could someone tell Bill that the non-Hispanic white population is the MAJORITY in this country and the largest consumer of welfare?
And that Obama didn't create welfare, it's been around for decades now.+

Why Mitt Romney will regret blaming his loss on Obama's 'gifts' to minorities

theweek.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Obama's Next 4 Years -- Back to the Future

President Obama's victory means it's back to the future for economic as well as social policies.

It means he now has the mandate to implement what the electorate chose him for -- a functioning government to not only fix disasters such as Hurricane Sandy, but the economy; to lead the United States of America into the future, rather than backward with Republican economic policies of the 1920s

Yes, that does mean government creates jobs, contrary to the Bain Capital ethos -- whether in Detroit, or with clean energy investments, infrastructure building, better regulations that prevent economic disasters, and lower cost student loans that enable a better educated workforce.

The future belongs to those who have recognized that the richest have been helping themselves, rather than the country. It belongs to those who see that government is for the common good, rather than the few.

I see the next 4 years will be a scaling down of American participation in the violent out breaks in the Mideast as we play less of an active role in those politics and more of a supporting role for Israel.

I see some inoperative useless military equipment NOT being purchased for the first time in a decade just because we were loyal to the defense contractor that made them.

I see even MORE homeless veterans being pulled off the streets, and given jobs and the position of respect they deserve in the communities they served.

Meanwhile US gun sales will continue to skyrocket making gun makers rich while right wingers maintain their 2nd amendment is being threatened and meanwhile more innocent people will die from gun violence than ever before in the nations history.

I see movement on immigration reform and a path to citizen ship finally created.

I see some compromise reached on Student debt.

I see Wall Street Regulations begin to work and grow the economy.

I see housing prices continue to raise and people getting back to work.

I see great improvements in the stock market and the economic outlook for the country.

I see the world's opinion of the USA grow favorable.

I see reasonable tax increases on the wealthy and a gradual lowering of our National Debt.

I see rights for Unions, workers and the people who build this country from the bottom up finally strengthened and supported.

Reproductive and personal rights of women protected.

The environment finally has a spokesperson in charge.

Gays will not be forced back into a closet.

Teachers will be supported and their demands answered, their rights protected.

I see education actually matters, kids excelling in science and math and finally able to take the jobs we typically send out to Asia because they are "better at it."

Social security and medicare will be strengthened, protections for the elderly will be enforced.

Rather than advertisements for fattening junk food I see the first lady out front pushing a healthy agenda and diet for American kids, finally doing justice by them and giving them a shot at a healthy life.

Thanks to Obamacare many parents will be able to keep their kids on their insurance and be saved the financial hardship outrageous medical bills they would have stepped in and assumed anyway.

I see men and women living longer because they have regular diagnostic testing and can take preventative measures to stop an illness before it gets out of control and ends their lives prematurely.

I see people with pre-existing conditions living longer with treatment to the delight of their families and children.

edit on 19-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

Do you see rainbows and unicorns too?

Decause wake up. You're dreaming.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

We WILL collapse and many operations will go out of business but it will not affect the poor.
You can't subtract nothing from nothing.

When that day comes the poor will help each other - we will go back to sustenance farming, as we always have. People will boycott poor employers and rush to the honorable and ethical.

The poor in the United States suffer from obesity, diabetes and other consumption related illness while juggling Iphones, Ipods and watching the calendar for TANF, Food Stamps and/or Unemployment. Of course it can get worse for the poor. It can get MUCH worse. I would suggest anyone who thinks differently, go to you tube and watch a few videos about the poor of Manila in The Philippines, or take your pick, but virtually anywhere in Africa outside of South Africa and a couple North African nations which work hard to maintain the standard of living they do have.

You'll have to excuse me while I sigh. You look forward to a return to an agrarian society?? Ask China about all that...They've spent nearly two decades moving at warp speed (compared to the time it took the West early last century to do the same thing, to get AWAY from farming to simply live as a basis for their national productivity. The idea that anyone on Earth would willingly look to return to what basically amounts to grinding poverty (while you can bet the rest of the world won't be taking one for the team to join us) is depressing. That it would be envisioned by anyone for an American future is more than depressing. It's defeatist and fatalist.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom. Dwight D. Eisenhower

For some reason this quote just fits to how I see things.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
None of your post makes sense when you realize we've never been in so much debt and we are about to go bankrupt. How does government create jobs when its about to collapse financially? Keep dreaming.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Well I have to agree with you, Welfare has been around for a while, after all keeping the minorities around happy and willing is priority when it comes to whore Politicians looking for votes

But reality check is that

Welfare State Grows by Nearly 19% Under Obama – to Almost $1 Trillion a Year

Federal and state welfare assistance has grown almost 19 percent under President Barack Obama, according to the conservative Heritage Foundation.

All in all, there are 79 means-tested federal welfare programs, at a cost approaching $1 trillion annually, said Heritage Senior Research Fellow Robert Rector.

So is ok to agree that Romney is right, Obama has done nothing to improve the nations economy, neither to increase his promised job growth, but oh boy have he put more burden on the middle class tax payer in order to increase his hold on the welfare recipients and even expanded the welfare state.

No wonder the minorities can not see anything wrong with him, feed them give them money and keep them happy, screw anything else.

That is how politics are in this nation, if you are a hard working America is nothing but hardship what is heading you way in Obamas Welfare America, it doesn't stop there next is the new mandate aka taxes to keep the welfare minorities health in check with subsided health care pay by you.

I wonder when the money pipe line starts to dried out, is nothing worst than an angry mob of welfare recipients without their welfare cards to buy their GMO addicting junk food.

cnsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Since prison has been tabled - this is an issue that conservatives should appreciate discussing. Housing an inmate in jail costs

All told, it costs an average of $129.04 a day to house an inmate in the prison system. Although these figures come from California corrections, it is slightly lower in other parts of the country, but not by much.

Source

By my math, and not even going overboard and cheating by using a leap year, I come to a total of $47,099.60 to incarcerate an inmate in the US - as stated some locales are a bit lower. But still. Quite a bit of scratch.

Since our social services are so severely lacking in this country, many of the people currently being housed in prison are there because of mental illness or addiction. Both conditions that could be treated much less expensively if responsible, public outpatient resources were not such a hot button issue in this day and age.

Costs can run high, even in the first year after a bipolar disorder diagnosis, with an average of $19,000 in total treatment costs for the initial year.

Source

A report from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) calculates that the average cost for treatment of alcohol or other drug addiction in outpatient facilities was $1,433 per course of treatment in 2002.

Source

Now I am no great mathematician, but this seems pretty cut and dry to me. This, BTW, is one of those areas where I say that "compromise" is in order. Imagine the money we could save by simply exercising compassion and common sense hand in hand - rather than being sucked into political rhetoric.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The false narrative of Racism being why 0bama is hated is very old and very tired and very much a lie in and of itself.
It is the last straw of any Liberal that has nothing else to fall back on.

This has nothing to do with race, nor creed, nor sex nor anything but 0bama being the worst choice for leader of the US and his Admin as well.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

The false narrative of Racism being why 0bama is hated is very old and very tired and very much a lie in and of itself.

This has nothing to do with race, nor creed, nor sex nor anything but 0bama being the worst choice for leader of the US and his Admin as well.

Thank goodness, racism doesn't exist anymore...who knew? Finally, we are free of all that.

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Thank goodness, racism doesn't exist anymore...who knew? Finally, we are free of all that.

CJ
No one says racism doesn't exist.

Answer the tough question.

How has racism stopped President Obama from doing his job as POTUS?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

California had AB 109 and 117 that was titled Realignment. In 2011, these were passed to drop the prison population in the 33 state prisons to like 135%. And they did it. Believe it or not, 135% is actually manageable by prisons. 100% is what the prisons original housing plans said they could hold. However, most prisons are built for expansion.

The costs are ridiculous. Something definitely needs to be done. Well, they are starting to release felons early. Which will do great things for recidivism. That was sarcasm.

Playing devils avacado, I will say that a lot of the spending in prisons go towards programs that are implemented to rehabilitate inmates. And lets not forget that these inmates need medical care, too. They are under the care of the state, and should they die from neglect of medical care, suicide, or murder, it'll cost the state even more money if the inmate's family decides to sue.

I have been trying to come up with a solution that works, but the only one I can see working in the long run is to build more prisons. But that's a little counter-productive to the whole purpose of incarceration.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

I see continued increases in private unemployment rates.

Continued increase in private unemplyment rates????

I see the far-right continuing to live in apocolyptic, obama hating, fantasy land...and with the same shocked face come 2014 mid-terms and 2016 General Election.

The GOP has won the popular vote for President only ONCE out of the past 6 Presidential elections...

Maybe they need to move farther to the right? Deride facts, history, science, math and reality a little more loudly?

edit on 20-11-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

CJ
I would just like to point out that I have experienced more overt and covert racism from liberals than I ever have from a conservative. From patronising attitudes to outright anger and a sense of betrayal (when they find I'm not a lib) to name-calling and insults.

Just a humble personal opinion/observation from me.

edit on 20-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Fancy little chart you got there. When did you make it? I can make a pretty little chart showing how Obama pushed us further in to debt. But wait, what's missing? Oh, the facts. Yeah, those are needed. Actually, what's really needed are sources to back up these "facts" and charts.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Welfare has been around for a while, after all keeping the minorities around happy and willing is priority when it comes to whore Politicians looking for votes

lol, white people are the largest recipients of welfare. Why do you keep only going on about minorities?

Welfare State Grows by Nearly 19% Under Obama – to Almost $1 Trillion a Year

Yeah, the economy collapsed right before Obama took office, what do you expect to happen?

No wonder the minorities can not see anything wrong with him, feed them give them money and keep them happy, screw anything else.

Must I say it again? Whites are the largest recipients of welfare. Why are you ignoring this? You need someone else to blame the worlds problems on but your own? Or are you in dire need of feeling superior?

That is how politics are in this nation, if you are a hard working America is nothing but hardship what is heading you way in Obamas Welfare America

Uh, a huge potion of people on welfare have jobs, just low paying ones.....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It's not a false narrative. There is a large population of people out there that hate Obama because of his race, of course it is not everyone. Pretending it doesn't exist makes you look silly and out of touch with this world.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by Indigo5

Fancy little chart you got there. When did you make it? I can make a pretty little chart showing how Obama pushed us further in to debt. But wait, what's missing? Oh, the facts. Yeah, those are needed. Actually, what's really needed are sources to back up these "facts" and charts.

For the love of God...it can be found anywhere numbers and FACTS are used...

Here is a link to "trading economics" ...a site for stock analysts who don't give a sh*& about politics only math and money...enter Jan.08 to present.

www.tradingeconomics.com...

Seriously...when will the far-right start to acknowledge effen basic math...Actually...keep BSing...women can't get pregnant when they are raped...the founding fathers freed the slaves and science is "lies from the pit of hell"...Good luck with that and see you in 2014...probably not in 2016 tho.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

CJ
I would just like to point out that I have experienced more overt and covert racism from liberals than I ever have from a conservative. From patronising attitudes to outright anger and a sense of betrayal (when they find I'm not a lib) to name-calling and insults.

Just a humble personal opinion/observation from me.

edit on 20-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

What you describe beezer is not racism. It is just as you named it - but it isn't racism.

CJ
edit on 20-11-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join