It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix: Reloaded - Another Prophecy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Sometimes it is beneficial to watch a movie outside of its intended time frame in order to understand its meaning. I believe that when a visionary writes, he or she is drawing on pieces from the future, sometimes without realizing it. In addition, a lot of what is thought to be science fiction is actually an expansion on the present culture, so watching older movies can give you an insight into what life was like in the past.

I was wondering why I was having a mental block on picturing the future past the end of this year, and then I watched The Matrix: Reloaded last night.

The Oracle said we have already made our choices, we are here to understand why. And that we can't see past the choices we don't understand. This tells me that none of us are able to see what is coming in the next four years because it is past our comprehension.

If The Matrix was meant to foreshadow an age of enlightenment and figuring out who we really are, which I would argue happened in the years following its release, then The Matrix: Reloaded is meant to depict the time period we have recently entered. There are lessons in that movie that I never picked up on before, because I saw it in the wrong era.

I will give you one example. When Morpheus told of the prophecy and "The One" I used to believe him and think that everyone else was getting in his way. Now, when I watch the movie, I tend to connect more with the people who think he is crazy.

Art is something that is hardly understood. A lot of what an artist depicts, he or she has no idea of the true meaning, but is accessing a realm beyond our understanding. The duty of an artist is to express what they encounter in the other realm. Therefore, their art may have meaning in it that they are not aware of.

edit on 19-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has replied to this thread all day. I read it this morning but didn't reply then because I was in a hurry.

I can't add to your statement at all, just agree with it. Gave you a star. I understand where you are coming from here and I think you are right.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Maybe when an artiste creates something it only later on seems to have any relevance based on some future event that is purely coincidence, I'm sure any older movie will at some point SEEM like there was a message or some hidden meaning based on whatever the current events may be.

new topics

join