It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Airstrike Destroys Russia Today TV Channel Office in Gaza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Journalists should not be targets in a war zone unlesss you are trying to hide the truth from the world. Last night Russia Today had its building attacked with missles. It was lucky no one was killled.....

soz cannot embed

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Here you go.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I couldn't figure out for the life of me why they had attacked the BBC..

It just didn't make any sense, they are 100% pro Israel.

NOW it makes sense tho.

They weren't aiming for the BBC at all

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I don't think Israel has previously focused so heavily on antennas. The reports of the media hit yesterday were that the antennas drew the fire. So what is it they're worried about?? I can see the Israeli's being touchy about live feeds out of their own cities. It's intelligence to Hamas on accuracy of their shots. What would have them touchy about transmission ability inside Gaza though? They could just jam regular radio or TV. Odd....

I don't buy that they are hitting media just for the hell of it. That is so self defeating it's absurd. There has to be something else they figure they are hitting. I just can't imagine what would warrant the P.R. disaster each of these attacks is for them?

link   
reply to post by purplemer

How to win friends and influence people ... not.

link   
Russia Today is a great target, you see.

They tend to tell the truth.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Oh, they are not going to like that. I go to their news site on occasion. It is possible that eliminating broadcasting locations is part of the overall strategy.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Te Israelis may be plannin to do some real ugly stuff in Gaza this round......Why else would they do this?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I have seen previous reports that Hamas hides military resources in targets they feel will not be hit, such as near civilians. Perhaps they had something military concealed in the media building because they felt it would not be hit?

This is just a theory. I have no proof.

Or, they might want to prevent coverage of a ground assault, so that they can do it more covertly.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Makes sense to me. Make Gaza too dangerous for foreign journalists and once reports have stopped coming out of the region, they can then do what they want and only let the media know what they want the world to know.

I don't like how the Israeli forces are seen to be the good guys in the media. The BBC 'appear' to be showing it from both angles but our politicians are making it clear that this is Hamas's doing. All I see are innocent civilians on each side being killed and carrying their loved ones out of the rubble wrapped in blankets. Nobody should have to live with that. Israel will not stop until GAZA is destroyed, not just Hamas.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i agree with you. they aren't targeting anybody. they are just lobbing navy shells, drone missiles and airstrikes into the most densely populated place on earth.

better snap your google earth image of the gaza strip now before googles handlers start photo shopping imagery.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by purplemer

How to win friends and influence people ... not.

Its really not going to help matters. Russia is very capable of escalating matters in the area... Looks likeIsrael are not trying to win the hearts and minds of the people.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yeah, but really?

I rek'n Israel do a good job at targeting and being specific with their strikes! thats why they release the drone footage a few days later.. you see a direct target, hit.. yes the buildings around it are peppered and damaged, but they are usually standing in reasonable condition.

.. in the past when Israel has led operations like this, apartments/families sometimes get phone calls warning them, a strike is about to happen

www.jihadwatch.org...

There's also talks of it happening this time too...

world.time.com...
www.idfblog.com...

for the most part I think Israel doesn't just lob shells and shoot blind, look at the amount fired so far, I'm yet to see real, large scale mob mentality that comes with slaughtering people by lobbing missiles.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Give it a rest already. Israel has been on an offensive for multiple days with a world class military. They are attacking an area equal in land mass to Bakersfield, California and within that very small space live 1.6 MILLION people. As of 1 hour ago, the New York Times is reporting 90 dead in Gaza. 700 wounded. Now that's not too far off what Hamas rockets and Missiles can do on a single hit on the wrong spot.

The did, by the way, blow apart a school in Ashkelon, Israel. Thankfully Israel moved it's civilians out of likely targeted areas before they were hit. Who should have to expect a school to qualify?

In an area of over 1 1/2 MILLION people and the kind of systems Israel is using? I'm ready to say they are among the most surgical militaries I've seen operate. I'd prefer fighting not happen there at all....but it seems Hamas chooses to fire their missiles, hide their ordinance and base their fighters in the middle of dense civilian population. Insurgents choose the battlefield and that's always how this kind of war works. It's why insurgents are so effective and last for so long. In this case, Hamas chooses combat from the streets and alleyways of families and children. THEY are to blame when return fire upon their fighting positions kills the people THEY chose to hide among. Anything else is blaming the symptom and effect.....NOT the illness and cause. Palestinians may have the right to fight...but not like this. It's bringing war onto civilians by design and it's horrible.

There is something in International Law, as I recall, about basing Military infrastructure and weapons systems in the middle of civilians.......funny how that's never even mentioned? Oh Well... One of life's little mysteries.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

for the most part I think Israel doesn't just lob shells and shoot blind, look at the amount fired so far, I'm yet to see real, large scale mob mentality that comes with slaughtering people by lobbing missiles.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

that's coming next, they have to hide it from the world somehow since they are loosing support left and right and don't want to be seen as the terrorists they have become.

we don't tolerate war because we have to, we tolerate it because it's a business model.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Let me do the math here (starts counting fingers)....

The Israelis recently killed a bunch of Turks so they pissed of Erdogan whom probably called Netanyahu and said;

"You friggin a..hole..you kill one more of our country men and I will personally come over and .XXX YOU in the a..s and then X YOU. Does that compute?"

So the israelis go and kill some russians. Soon the phone rings again and Netanyahu looking in the office mirror, ( a present from mrs Romney) admiring his new "Fuhrer" uniform suddenly has Putin on the line, adressing him in his usual icy cool Putin voice;

"This is how it goes. We can accept this loss of russian life provided you withdraw your threat on Syria. But if you kill one more russian, I repeat, one more russian, I will personally SPETNAZ YOU out of existence and then piss a flood of nukes on your little kingdom. Does that compute for you?"

Netanyahu realises that he has never had such light on him from the International community of large powerful Manly Men. He is finally a happy monst..r sorry man, although a bit short, at least half of a Manly Man
edit on 19-11-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I may have to retract my previous comments about Israel not intentionally targeting foreign reporters. Though I still doubt this, as it would cause outrage from the global community...

Rt.com is now reporting this
rt.com/news/media-compound-gaza-strike-074/

The Al-Sharouk building, which houses many media offices in Gaza, has been targeted once again in an Israeli airstrike. Seven people are reported to be injured.
There are unconfirmed reports that one person was killed in the latest airstrike which hit the compound on Monday.
Six journalists were injured following a previous Israeli airstrike on two buildings in the media compound early on Sunday. RT’s office in Gaza was also affected by the attack.
Witnesses said the buildings were evacuated after the initial attack, which was followed by at least two more hits. Both buildings were heavily damaged.

edit on 19-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
I couldn't figure out for the life of me why they had attacked the BBC..

It just didn't make any sense, they are 100% pro Israel.

NOW it makes sense tho.

They weren't aiming for the BBC at all

I wouldn't say BBC are 100% pro Israel, maybe 70%

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
Russia Today is a great target, you see.

They tend to tell the truth.

I wouldn't worry too much, the Israeli minister of propaganda will be wheeled out soon to declare it was just another 'mistake'...oh, and that Israel has the right to defend itself against honest and accurate reporting.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
I have seen previous reports that Hamas hides military resources in targets they feel will not be hit, such as near civilians. Perhaps they had something military concealed in the media building because they felt it would not be hit?

This is just a theory. I have no proof.

Or, they might want to prevent coverage of a ground assault, so that they can do it more covertly.

I think you may be confusing Hamas 'hiding' resources in targets with Israeli soldiers forcing Palestinian and Gazan children to sit on the hoods of their armoured vehicles BlueAjah...which SHOULD be common knowledge, but for some strange reason, doesn't get reported much in the Israeli cash cow countries.

Or, they might (certainly) not want an independent and respected TV crew witnessing all the atrocities and barbarism the Israelis are intent on further commiting against defenceless women and children.

The Israeli propaganda machine is overworked enough as it is, without having more lies to put out about it's 100's of 'surgical airstrikes' on Gaza. The only thing remotely similar to surgery, is the guts and innards of the innocents littering the area.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join