It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To The ATS Search Engine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Is anyone else experiencing this?
I click on the 'Search' tab and the page loads but does not load up or show the search engine field. Just sits there saying "(loading search engine)".

see screenshot

I have loaded the search engine page on different browsers and show the same.
Anybody got any ideas why this is and what I can do about getting it to work?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Works fine for me... do you have noscript enabled? or something that disables _javascript

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

emmmm, I don't actually know. So you reckon it is a java script issue? Will have a look and see if my browser perhaps doesn't have that.
thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

I see it on your screencap. It says 'SEARCH', and you only need click it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

You talking about the search tab in the top right? I did click that and the screenie is what I get after I clicked it.

I have now found that Opera, Firefox and Safari all don't show it, however, SRWare Iron does show it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

I found that firefox had a java console disabled, so I enabled it and re-started the browser but I still don't get the search engine to work. I wish I had more geek-stripes on my sleeve

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

The Javascript console is just something that will report javascipt errors, iirc

Whats your main browser? Firefox? If so click the firefox tab in the top left then goto options>options, then click the content tab and make sure the "Enable Javascript" is checked.

If JavaScript is enabled then check your addons for something that maybe interferring with _javascript: Firefox tab in the top left then Add-Ons.

I use Chrome as my main browser, but I checked with firefox and that too works fine. Pretty much every browser will have Javascript support, including Opera, IE and Safari. If Javascript doesnt work on any of those then ther must be something running in the background on your PC that is blocking javacript.... maybe a firewall? or anti-virus?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
A member ask the same question last week and this post by stasis helped him.

Originally posted by stasis
You use Firefox so you may be using Ghostery also? If so, set Ghostery to allow Google Ajax Search API.

Hope that helps you!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you so much for all your help and advice, I now have a working firefox browser and can search 'til my heart is content.

many hugs

CM

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
After using the ATS search function I am getting script errors on some of the links I select?

Script%3A+chrome%3A%2F%2Fbrowser%2Fcontent%2Ftabbrowser.xml%3A1617&ql=?

Is this caused by running security software like STOPzilla or is it a faulty browser extension problem?

It's really getting F'ing annoying

new topics

top topics

join