It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with answering a brain teaser.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

Sorry, new here didn't reply to you directly but my answer is he is Blind, my previous post explains why I reckon this to be the case.
Am I along the right lines?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakunetsu

Yes Shakunetsu, you are correct! He's been eating the non-surviving crew members as served to him by the other survivor; once he tried albatross soup in the restaurant he realized he'd been lied to all along.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

YESSSSSSS *punches the air*

My first post on ATS too!! Thanks Avocadoshag I can now go to bed feeling all smug and stuff!

Peace

Shak

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

I don't know if some one already beat me to it.He got up, made breakfast,turned on the radio and heard that doomsday, armageddon, mega tsunami, mega volcano eruption , reversal of poles, nuclear war (insert anything that could bring absolute desolation to the human kind and the planet) was happening that day so he decided that it's better to kill himself than suffer a horrible and uncertain fate.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There is a man found dead, a musician, he was found by his twin brother, once the detective arrived and checked the scene he accused the twin of murder and stealing the others identity, he is right, but how did he know?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

The dead man was a guitar player and the finger callouses, or lack thereof, gave the murderer away?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rollsthepaul

A man is travelling in a country where there are two tribes. One always lies and the other always tells the truth. He comes to a fork in the road but there is no sign and a man is sitting by the side of the road. One road goes to Pigotville, your destination, and the other does not. You don't know which tribe the man is from. What one question can you ask the man, such that the answer ensures that you will take the road to Pigotville?

Your riddle is flawed.

You would think you could just go all Jennifer Connelly on him, right? But you cant. I tried to go to Pigotville last may myself, and know for a fact that you're screwed no matter which man greets you at the fork. There is no one question that will ensure you a usable answer.

See, when I got there and met the tribesman - le'ts call him Sutopxe - and saw the conveniently placed sign explaining about the two tribes I thought "I got this, I remember the riddle in Labyrinth - I'll just apply my knowledge gained by being a consumer of popular culture in the eighties!

So I did, and I asked him what road a member of the other tribe would advise me to take, and crossed my arms and felt pretty pleased with both myself and the eighties.

The tribesman looked at me for the longest time and then in a mild mannered voice said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"

When I replied something eloquent like "huh ..?" or "gah..?" he looked at me again and said while waving his finger at me "I did NOT inhale" and before I could even respond he continued "We know for a fact that there are weapons of mass destruction there" and then added that he wasn't a crook and was not at all going to invade Cuba.

Had it not been for the map I shortly thereafter pried from his cold, dead hands, I might still have been stuck out there.

You see, one might always tell lies and the other might always speak truth, but neither is guaranteed to answer you questions in any meaningful way. Most people - tribesmen or not - wont, anyway, especially when asked for directions.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure

Yesterday a friend asked me to help him out with a brain teaser he is trying to figure out, I thought id be able to come up with the answer but can't seem to find the answer

I was thinking of googling but rather find out if anyone here on ATS knows the answer.

The brain teaser is:

A man comes home, makes dinner, eats dinner, then turns off the lights and goes to sleep. The next morning the man makes breakfast, turns on the radio, and then kills himself.

edit on 19-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: not a rid diddly diddle after all.

If he was standing in the shower when he turned the radio on that could do it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

"If he was standing in the shower when he turned the radio on that could do it."
kool i like it...fits fine too

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonodox

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by rollsthepaul

A man is travelling in a country where there are two tribes. One always lies and the other always tells the truth. He comes to a fork in the road but there is no sign and a man is sitting by the side of the road. One road goes to Pigotville, your destination, and the other does not. You don't know which tribe the man is from. What one question can you ask the man, such that the answer ensures that you will take the road to Pigotville? My email and YouTube address are below.

I will ask him if he is a woman. Once, he says it, I know if he is lieing or not, then I ask him the direction again.

vvv

I suppose that would be fine and dandy if you were able to ask two questions

I would ask him which way is the road to Pigotville, if he looks down and away I will take the opposite road. if he maintains eye contact, I will believe him.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join