It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the Rapture... There was finally peace on earth.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a 'pre-trib Rapture'. It was invented by failed Anglican priest Nelson Darby back in the mid 1800s. That being said ... there is a case to be made of what some would call a 'reverse rapture'. A lot of scripture looks like it'll be the unfaithful or bad people taken away and that the good will be left to inherit the earth. A case could be made for that. (scripture can be made to support just about ANY position you want it to)

John 17:15 (JESUS praying to The Father) "I pray NOT that thou shouldest TAKE THEM OUT OF THE WORLD, but that thou should keep them from evil."

Luke 17:29,30 (Jesus speaking) ...(in) Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from Heaven and destroyed THEM ALL. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed. THE WICKED were destroyed, once again.

Matthew 24:21,22 and Mark 13:19,20 (Jesus speaking) For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved (survive); but for THE ELECT's sake whom He hath chosen, He hath shortened the days.

Proverbs 10:30 The righteous shall NEVER be REMOVED;

Psalm 37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land (earth) and dwell therein FOREVER.

Psalm 37:9-11 For evildoers (WICKED) shall be cut off (destroyed); but those that wait upon the Lord shall inherit the earth.

Isaiah 13:9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger...and He shall destroy the sinners thereof OUT of it (the earth).

Psalm 104:35 Let the sinners be consumed OUT OF THE EARTH (world), and let the wicked be no more

Matthew 24:13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

. . . and you have no clue about prophesy . . .

You might have some credibility if you could actually spell Prophecy.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Actually the bible teaches that the wicked will be taken first then the righteous.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Actually the bible teaches that the wicked will be taken first then the righteous.

That's in Jesus' parable of the wheat and the tares.
The tares are gathered and burned, then the wheat is harvested.
So pretrib rapture fans interpret the 'angel with the sickle' vision of Revelation backwards, it's not a rapture of the saints but the destruction of the wicked.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

If everybody believed in aliens there would be no problem the day of the rapture. It's a return right? Funny how ancient alien believers believe they'll return. Ancients believe a certain white man will return. Christians believe jesus will return and god.

Aliens! Heaven is outer space. Peace on earth because consciousness was increased. Those who were holding everyone else back most likely died most probable cause would prolly be suicide.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by guitarplayer

That's in Jesus' parable of the wheat and the tares.
The tares are gathered and burned, then the wheat is harvested.
So pretrib rapture fans interpret the 'angel with the sickle' vision of Revelation backwards, it's not a rapture of the saints but the destruction of the wicked.

IMHO the rapture is the great deception and the loss of faith the falling away before the man of sin is reveled. No rapture just the 2nd coming.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Yeah the wicked kill each other off because of lack of education. The righteous go because mankind was meant to leave the nest or cage at some point.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I was thinking the other day,

Once everyone who believes in GOD (Whoever you perceive him to be) are safely tucked up in Heaven.

Interesting understanding. Where do you find this notion that "believers in God are safely tucked up in heaven"? From the "Christians" or from the bible? The truth is that there is no such a thing as the "rapture" (used by popular definition ie the "Christians are evacuated from the planet prior to some alleged 7-year tribulation") and Christians aren't going anywhere. When the "rapture" does occur, it is to meet Christ as He returns to the earth. Then, yes, there will finally be peace- because only understanding can bring peace. As you are well aware by the lack of peace in your mind at this point. Confusion does not bring peace.

Also, your concepts of "heaven" and "hell" are based on completely warped "teachings" concerning scripture. Everything you know is a lie. Do yourself a favor and read my thread "Christianity is 'the beast' in order to begin to understand what "everlasting fire" really is, and what it really does. Hint: TRUTH is the everlasting fire; it consumes confusion. Your mind must be purged by everlasting fire- in order to destroy your confusion and create understanding.

Look here:

Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should guard them from the evil.

Interesting that you seem to be under the impression that the complete opposite is "bible truth"? I wonder how that happened?

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Interesting that the apostle tells the believers to be prepared to "withstand in the evil day"- but if you listen to all these great "Christian teachers" running around, they're saying the "Christians" won't even be here- they're "taken out of the world"- so odd, is it not, that everything they are telling people is the opposite of the bible? It's like, you've been lead to believe that the opposite is true? The "anti" is truth. Anti...

But I'm curious to know if you have the strength of character to respond truthfully to my question; something like "Yes, it is true- everything I think I know about the bible is not of myself, but is what I have been told by the Christians that it means; truthfully, I have no understanding of it at all, and must rely on others to teach me. Lord, how did I come to this?"
edit on 19-11-2012 by MrCobb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join