It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired Of "Israel Is The Victim/Hero" Attitudes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Firstly, Israel has a right to exist and have all the rights of any modern nation. THAT is where I'm "Pro-Israel", as I am for any nation. Now onto the crux of the matter.

For a long time ATS has always had "Netanyahu this" or "Israel that" topics. People turned a blind eye to Bibi's Zionist comments or to the Israeli spies who were caught filming the WTC on 9/11 and celebrating the carnage. But now, with this issue in Gaza, I'm seeing a little too many posts that play Israel as the victim/hero and it's tiresome to repeatedly read all the BULLSHAT. So it's time....

1) In regards to "Antisemitism"...Arabs are Semites too, so please stop using that word as an accusation in "Israel vs [Insert ME nation here]" discussions. Just because you're not approving of Israel's government doesn't mean you're a "Jew hater" or "Nazi" either. Although, you should question the sanity behind a religion that condones mutilating baby penises (and orally sucking the blood in some rituals). But hey, I didn't say anything about demonic rituals or the warnings of Jesus just now! That was all your thinking.

2) Taking a page from Anoynmous

I don't understand how people arbitrarily dismiss the apartheid system of racial segregation and oppression imposed by the Israeli government on the Palestinian people. What is happening in Palestine is oppression. They have no navy, no army, or air force. There is no "war" in Gaza. There is only the continuous application of military force by Israel in an attempt to push every last person out of the Palestinian state, despite international laws that make these efforts illegal.
This is neglected however since the Palestinians have no recognized country (thanks largely to the US and Israel). Did you know Palestinians aren't allowed to live in Israeli settlements, use Israeli roads or even travel in the “security” areas around them? They are killed on the spot if they even approach "security areas" (which keep expanding). Israeli homes are continuously built on stolen land. Here's a fun scenario, replace Israel with the United States and replace Palestinians with Canadians. See how you feel about that then.

Ever seen the videos where Israeli military forces bulldoze Palestinian homes, farms and anything (or anyone) in the way? They do it ALL the time. They love obliterating Palestinian homes in modified CATERPILLAR bulldozers while laughing at, or even assaulting, the crying women and children. There's dozens of videos of it. Since this is a rant I'm not adding many links, here's a random sample www.youtube.com... but there's others on Liveleaks from just days before Hamas's initial rocket fires (retaliation?).

I am not entirely sure on the truth, nobody is, but have to say generally there is one side that seems very wicked and one side that seems to be constantly trying to defend itself yet gets labeled "terrorists" and condemned by the West. The average people in Gaza are literally praying while being bombed. That is their only defense against the attacks while Hamas has a small "military" branch that's retaliating/instigating. www.liveleak.com... It's like the whole western world is getting off on slaughtering innocent people and expressing racism towards anyone remotely Arabic (regarding topics I read earlier on MSN). People are sick and misinformed. It's no wonder why the United States was non-militarily conquered so easily.

So I don't see any heroes in this equation, but I do see plenty of victims.

Both Palestinians and Israelis need to find common ground and end the violence that has already resulted in the deaths of countless innocent people. Israel's advancement on Palestinian Territories and their racist oppression needs to end before there can be peace.
Hamas needs to vacate Gaza too, if they're not some puppet group. They are making the situation worse and providing all the excuses for Gaza's destruction.

However, we know that'll never happen. I'm not peaceful by nature, but hate being manipulated and what I hate even more than that is seeing my family and friends being manipulated while children pay the price.

And take notes, Americans, because the tactics being used on the Palestinians are the sames ones that are being set up for YOU. YOU will be the "terrorist" when you try defending yourself from oppression and destruction.
edit on 19-11-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
unfortuneatly .. not much we can do to kaep the israeli propagandists off ... every time israel commits more crimes against humanity they show up and spout the same old tired lies..... we can only continue to speak truth regarding their atrocities and hope that one day they are brought to trial for their crimes against humanity...
edit on 19/11/12 by Expat888 because: correcting translation....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Hey brother, don't think the manipulation is one sided.
Some things are not seen in the MSM.
Like I've repeated in several threads here, for weeks prior to the Israeli attack, rockets have been fired towards Israel. But you won't get it on the news since nobody gives a damn about rockets been fired at Israel. You only get that part of the news where the victims are being victims again.

Ignorance at ATS is extremely high when it comes to the middle east, most often because most ATS'ers get their news merely from the mainstream media.

Israel is not the good side though, the Palestinians aren't as well. There are no martyrs here. When both sides call each other terrorists you should ask yourself why is that, taking a stand meaning you are failing to deny ignorance as well.

Peace.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I would also like to add that I am sick of the Anti-Israel nonsense as well.

And the Repubs are evil...

And the Dems are evil...

etc, etc.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Hey brother, don't think the manipulation is one sided.

I think it is.

The main stream media(Zionist owned) is sided with Israel, and critical thinkers, like most of us at ATS are with the Palestinians.

Over the years of coming here to ATS, whenever Israel goes on a bullying campaign, the ZIA (Zionist internet army) goes to work, and ATS has a few permanently stationed ZIA internet guards and calls back up when Israel starts to look bad, and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to spot them.

Another thing to remember the Israel Palestinians conflict will not be resolved on ATS.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
well, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
well, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I'm so sorry. It was quite careless of me to rant while you feel that way.

Want some tea, or chicken noodle soup?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think I'd just be happy if the people who do intensely dislike or even hate Israel realize that not everyone shares that view. Those who disagree can even reach that conclusion without being a shill, agent or otherwise sympathetic to Israel beyond calling things as they come.

As much as I know pro-Israel people can be buggy about it, the anti-Israel hate is at least as bad and either side of this battle across the threads, as it sometimes seems to be, can end it by simply not jumping in every possible opportunity to remind the same folks of the same views everyone knows will provoke even stronger replies. It's just my own opinion here but neither side of this conflict is clean or worth holding up on a pedestal. Hamas also holds power by doing very ugly things to Palestinians who would dare try and politically challenge them. These aren't good guys. The same argument is made against Israel....fair enough.

It's just the outright shrill shouting down and hatefully stomping the opinions that disagree that gets old. Honest and sincere disagreement really can be had on even this topic, Watching the conflict over there be fought right here too though?
....IMO.

S/F for the thread OP.. A decent chance to air opinions anyway.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

does anyone here live in either of those areas? im just curious. it seems that if someone here actually was living this "war" ,that would be a great source. If were all getting news through filtered sources, what do we know? and how does are opinion matter at all? maybe instead of discussing some far off war(for those of u that dont live there), our discussions should be with a more localized group trying to help the people in there areas, i suggest local to national level would be ideal(most probability of positive change). actively uniting the people around us is the only way i see the world getting better. not gabbing about some war many miles away (for those of you that dont live in the area).

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Israel portrayed as the innocent is tiresome? True, enough, I suppose... Are you as tired of Palestinians being portrayed as the innocents, as well? I know I am.

Neither side are saints, as a whole. All too many of them are brought up to continue the blinding hatred of the "other", all the while knowing nothing of each other...save that they're supposed to hate them.

Fortunately, there is something resembling a movement afoot in Israel to change this...though it's still a minority. I've always had the opinion that the average Israeli would just as soon be left alone, and leave everyone else alone...

There is the same sort of movement afoot in Palestine, though it's a rougher go for them for obvious reasons...

Someday, sanity will break out...someday.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I dont have much time but I saw the title of your topic and thought it was relevant toad that Youtube now has a slew of new pro-isreal ads going as of today, one of which talks about 600 missiles being fired and Isreals right to defend itself. Youtube ads are a joke, theyre either incredibly creepy or very annoying. But yeah, someone is definitely paying to have the American public/youtube users into accepting that Isreal's should defend itself/ is gonna start the next big war.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

That's a good idea but how likely is it to get someone on here from Gaza, or any Palestinian? Those people are basically in a giant concentration camp and having internet + free time to come post here may not be feasible for them.

I've seen some people from Israel posting in the topics but they all have a natural slant about them.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

im saying talk about the people around you and be with the people around you, not waste time talking about somthing we have no foot in. know what im saying?

top topics

join