It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question to All Active-Duty Military: Would You Fire on American Citizens?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
In my case, it wouldn't be the US Armed forces, but the UK Armed forces...i was a soldier years ago, but there would be no way i would have obeyed an order to fire on unarmed British civilians, no way.

If they were armed to the teeth and actively engaging my section...then warning shots would be fired over their heads, if they didn't disperse and continued to attack...then self defence of my section and myself would come into the equation and i would fire to disable and halt the attack.

But unarmed civilians? I would fire on the officer giving that order before considering firing on the unarmed civilians.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

You did just make me buy 'the best of crosby stills & nash' tho...

If that's any consolation?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Not active duty anymore, but my answer has and always will be....NO

However, there are many that would, if ordered and given the necessary catch phrases, i.e. terrorist, insurgent, domestic terrorist, agitator, welfare recipient etc.

Sad, but true. Sheep

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by johncarter

You did just make me buy 'the best of crosby stills & nash' tho...

If that's any consolation?

crosby stills & nash playing, a good single malt whisky in your hand,...now that is the stuff that can make any mans day (grins)...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
Not active duty anymore, but my answer has and always will be....NO

However, there are many that would, if ordered and given the necessary catch phrases, i.e. terrorist, insurgent, domestic terrorist, agitator, welfare recipient etc.

Sad, but true. Sheep

Full implementation of marital law to control the potential riots and control over citizens that will be desperate to feed their families.
Procedures to ensure continuity of government as well as a lockdown of the general population as civilian unrest.
You shoot at them they will shoot back.
Sad,but true.
Should the situation warrant serious attention; crowd control methods would be implemented.
Sad,but true.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
In my opinion I think it'd be wrong for a man or woman military or not to kill their own people especially the ones that aided in you with money for your arms and shields and looked up to you for protection. But in the end the most "important" voice wins... By the way there's different ways to settle war now in the 21st century, I could understand back when all we had was land and guns, but were more advanced now ... Yes there will always be a bad guy but I'm not saying get rid of our military I'm just saying stop the killing .. Use bots or video games or a virtual form of war where u choose who wins , be a gentleman , or at least a person of word , even Indian and tribesmen chiefs had a heart and respect for his people and not all took up full war ,..because dying still meant a loss.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
By that time theyll just be shooting the fat ones cause they make the best eating.........cheers

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ive been active duty for almost seven years and ill tell you all right now that I and many of my friends wouldnt obey such an order. When we joined we raised our right hand and swore to defend this country and the constitution against all enemys foregin and domestic. The real enemy is congress and the guys in D.C. Yes, there are those of us and I say us being active duty military who would disarm their fellow countrymen and shoot them because they were told to and dont want to get in trouble. Personally id rather suffer what ever fate I had to than open fire on innocent americans. Hows that for an honest answer Expat888?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

I'm not active, but thought I'd toss in my two cents.
If ordered to fire on American Citizen's, personally I would not, unless to defend my life.
I look at it this way. If I'm shooting someones family member here. Who's shooting at my family somewhere else. If I refuse to shoot here, I would hope that they refuse to shoot there.

Bottom line, is that they can order in UN Troops. I'm sure there are plenty of foreign troops, that would love to have that chance.

edit on 11/19/12 by Suohhen because: had to correct myself

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lasvegasteddy
i do recall an article about this though
a u.s. commanding officer asked this to a national guard troop
if they would fire upon unarmed u.s. civillians
one of the ranks
stepped up and laid his rifle down and said that was an order he'd disobey
he was then followed by the rest of the troop
this wasn't all that long ago either
edit on 19-11-2012 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

That story has been around for decades, not true of course just a story like so many others. When I first signed up in 89 people told me because of Reagan and FEMA I would have to sign something that said I would shoot US ciitizens of course this was bunk. Then I heard people telling the same strory about Bush Sr. and the NWO and then later Clinton and the UN. All these same stories have been around for decades they are just updated like any urban legend.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The first thing that will happen is the government will bring in outside forces to control its citizens.

And you have to remember the citizens will be put under tight economic sanctions, and those willing to protect the powers will be given food and supplies for their family.

It's easy to manipulate a people in this manner, and it really is as simple as i put it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I pity the soul that is compelled to kill people at the command of others. If you are killing, you should kill because it keeps you from dying while you are going about your life.

This viewpoint makes a large portion of humanity and its history full of murderers.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I thought the answer would be NO.... dig a little and you will find out - that YES they would and will.
you see when people gather to protest - who shows up >? not the people the people are protesting but
the Police and if tasked the Military would.... so, the military shows up - some brain dead kid throws a
rock at the military and the show is on.... so yes, if ordered the Military will do what ever is ordered.
but it is nice to idealize that every Military Man knows as much as we do on ATS ... but the cold hard
facts are - they would kill the people if ordered to do so.... not thinking that they are killing their own families.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
I thought the answer would be NO.... dig a little and you will find out - that YES they would and will.
you see when people gather to protest - who shows up >? not the people the people are protesting but
the Police and if tasked the Military would.... so, the military shows up - some brain dead kid throws a
rock at the military and the show is on.... so yes, if ordered the Military will do what ever is ordered.
but it is nice to idealize that every Military Man knows as much as we do on ATS ... but the cold hard
facts are - they would kill the people if ordered to do so.... not thinking that they are killing their own families.

That's just stupid. It takes more than a rock thrown for a Soldier to open fire.

If someone in the crowd fired a shot, then it's a whole new ballgame though.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If i'm being shot at you better believe i'm aiming center mass, doesn't matter who it is.

On the other hand, i wouldn't shoot at unarmed people, no matter who they are.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

And you have to remember the citizens will be put under tight economic sanctions, and those willing to protect the powers will be given food and supplies for their family. It's easy to manipulate a people in this manner, and it really is as simple as i put it.

No, it's even simpler than that.

Just shoot the powers, and take the food from their cold, dead hands to distribute among the people instead.

Voila.

The people ordering treason get their just desserts, and the people hungry get to eat...it's win win.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My guess is that most will say that they would not but when ordered to "return fire" when fired upon first....then the answer is evident. Virtually all will fire back if fired upon - no matter who it was. Ripe for a false flag attack methinks.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yes.

But only the shifty-looking ones.

ETA; before I get mobbed, no. I wouldn't..
edit on 19-11-2012 by beezzer because: ya never know with ATS

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Posse Comitatus was effectively suspended during the days of the Reagan War On Drugs. And Weinberg his SecDef, objected to trivializing our military. Objection overruled.

The Delta Force was brought in at Waco. Posse Comitatus irrelevant. Objection overruled.

US troops fired on their fellow soldiers of the old Brown Shoe Army protest back in the 1920's.

Kent State. Ezekiel Hernandez.

Yes, US troops will fire on US citizens.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
To the OP, some would and some would not. Any situation where the military would be called upon to possibly fire on other American citizens would be highly charged and situational. I think as other posters have mentioned, in such a scenario the U.S. government may rely at least in part upon non-American troops.

Mr. Carter...

Originally posted by johncarter

You sound like about 12 years old which makes your question excusable in its innocent ignorance. Kids like you need some lesson reminders in your own history.

Remember the Nixon year "Ohio" (1970) Kent State University much? If not, ask your daddy or mommy.

You sound like a 12 year old boy in a grown mans body. It seems your daddy and mommy shoulda taught you a few things about not being a jerk.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join