It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Leaders Preparing the Faithful for the Discovery of E.T. Life.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Interesting topic. My personal belief is that they've been here meddling in our affairs from the get go and that they are our 'gods' of mythology.
As far as that mark of the beast stuff? Don't buy it. The bible is so muddled up at this point, taking its 'prophecy' seriously is just silly. Nor do I believe said aliens would qualify as the bad guys in the bible. The way I read it, the serpent gets a very bad rap.

ETA my point. Haha.
Ultimately I think the effect on religion would be negligible. Of course there would be a lot of wack job fundamentalists that freaked out. But those people freak out about something every day anyways. Its in their nature and why they are fundamentalists. Small brained, narrow minded, intellectual deficients. The whole lot of them
edit on 19-11-2012 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
As far as Intelligent E.T. Life...I KNOW this to be a reality...I wish I did not know.

Sounds like you have the E.T. religion, Split. Hypocrisy much?

Since you mention religious leaders (Catholic church is the only one I'm aware of that fit your thread category) I have always found the following vid of Father Balducci interesting. I think those evil lil' buggers have fooled Fr. Balducci & the Papacy too!

BTW: We've always been friendly in our interactions even when we disagree so don't take this wrong because I like you, but: I think it's time you either man-up and tell exactly how you KNOW intelligent E.T. life exisists or stop claiming it and then hiding behind the very suspicious story that it's classified.

If someone does know and keeps such a profundity from their fellow humans for any reason, then I would tend to think they are a COWARD.

That's just my heartfelt opinion but don't think I have no affection for you because I do.

Anyhoo...Fr Balducci describes "other" lifeforms:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As a Christian, I don't see how it would have any impact on my faith. There's nothing in the Bible that says anything about life, or the lack of it, elsewhere in the universe, so why would it?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

LOL! This Guy just gives me the CREEPS! LOL! He looks like he is about to suck the Life Force out of you!

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The aliens run this place. They don't interact with us because we're violent and stupid.

If and when they do reveal themselves I hope it's quick and shocking. I want the arrogant religious hoards to see who really runs the joint and crap their panties in the streets.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I KNOW E.T. to be a REALITY. I wish I did not know...but I do so I deal with it. What I can tell you is that the various Races of E.T. both KNOWN and UNKNOWN can easily do what they wish as long as it does not violate certain AGREEMENTS in place.

We have ZERO ability to have any say in this with the exception of a very small amount of LEVERAGE we were able to acquire. This leverage although small in it's effect...is ENOUGH for us to shape a few things to our wishes.

For anyone to think that we have...AS A SPECIES...since they have little regard for the INDIVIDUAL...but HUMANS as a whole have nothing to fear as far as E.T. is concerned. They have been around for EONS and if they wanted to do anything to us as a whole there would have been very little to stop such an action.

When a Race obtains the level of Tech. that allows for Interstellar Travel then that Race has cracked the UFT or UNIFIED FIELD THEORY. Once a Race understands and can use the UFT it no longer has an issue with...ENERGY, FOOD, RAW MATERIALS, DISEASE...or anything else that we as Humans still to this day have WARS over.

Thus a Race that is sufficiently advanced would only have Scientific Curiosity as well as possible interest in Research of other E.T. Lifeforms and Cultures.

The fact that they have not done away with us is proof that they have no intention to as well as there is no reason for them to do so.

The various Religious Leadership over the World is developing PLANS on what to tell their followers should NASA discover life on MARS in the VERY NEAR FUTURE. For these Leaders it is only prudent that they have a pre-planned statement in the case of such an event as to avoid the look of confusion or shock as such a reaction by any Religions Leaders would certainly cause the faithful to question such Leadership.

The Vatican in particular is VERY ACTIVE in developing such a response should NASA find E.T. life and in the Vatican's Science Committee's opinion...it is not a question of if such a discovery will occur BUT WHEN.

Such a discovery will cause those who take the OLD TESTAMENT as a WORD FOR WORD HISTORICAL FACT to without a doubt become confused and possibly VIOLENT. The Vatican does not want to be the center of attention if one of the CONFUSED FAITHFUL should decide to Bomb any office or personal or any connected PERSONAL involved with NASA. This would be a TRAGEDY and such SICK AND CONFUSED PEOPLE exist unfortunately as such events as the SHOOTING OF DOCTORS who work at PLANNED PARENTHOOD CLINICS have occurred. We can only hope that the various Religious Leaders around the World can keep a leash on such SICK AND CONFUSED individuals. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Well the concept of Life on Meteors or Comets or Asteroids that fall to a Planet or Moon thus SEEDING LIFE is very possible.

It is also much more possible that LIFE ORIGINATED ON MARS and SEEDED EARTH after a large Asteroid or Comet impacted MARS. Since Mars is closer to the Asteroid Belt as well as closer to Jupiter...Mars would have a much greater probability of seeding Earth than the other way around. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Mars is a dead rock.

Stop repeating the old crap.

These things walk among us.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

I have 3 JOBS. One JOB is in the ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY....another is helping run several large FAMILY OWNED COMPANIES. I have a third JOB which I was hand picked for and trained over years and this JOB runs in my Family.

I am a "CIVILIAN" that sometimes works with the very best of the U.S. Military. This JOB over the years was interconnected to my JOB in ENTERTAINMENT as I traveled extensively and still do when I tour. The two JOBS were complimentary.

This is how I know what I do. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Such a discovery will cause those who take the OLD TESTAMENT as a WORD FOR WORD HISTORICAL FACT to without a doubt become confused and possibly VIOLENT. The Vatican does not want to be the center of attention if one of the CONFUSED FAITHFUL should decide to Bomb any office or personal or any connected PERSONAL involved with NASA.

The problem with your theory is that Catholics are not Fundamentalists and don't believe that the Old Testament is 100% historically accurate. So Catholics are highly unlikely to "go over the edge." The ones that you imply are likely, on the other hand, are Protestant Fundamentalists that couldn't care less what the Vatican says.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Dear SplitInfinity,

I don't have any trouble with advanced civilizations. Maybe they passed their "Garden of Eden" test and were spared wars, etc., and used their time to develop. But I was intrigued by this paragraph:

Such a discovery will cause those who take the OLD TESTAMENT as a WORD FOR WORD HISTORICAL FACT to without a doubt become confused and possibly VIOLENT. The Vatican does not want to be the center of attention if one of the CONFUSED FAITHFUL should decide to Bomb any office or personal or any connected PERSONAL involved with NASA. This would be a TRAGEDY and such SICK AND CONFUSED PEOPLE exist unfortunately as such events as the SHOOTING OF DOCTORS who work at PLANNED PARENTHOOD CLINICS have occurred. We can only hope that the various Religious Leaders around the World can keep a leash on such SICK AND CONFUSED individuals. Split Infinity
It was my understanding that the Catholic Church doesn't teach that everyword in the Old Testament is literally true, in fact, they teach that much of it is symbolic, or poetry, or songs. Some is considered to be historic, but I don't think the Catholics would get upset about it. Wouldn't that be more the Fundamentalists or similar groups?

Anyway, it was a fascinating post. I wish I had your knowledge on the subject, but it is probably either meant solely for you, or is classified to a fare-thee-well.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

As far as E.T. and talking about anything in DETAIL...YOU BETTER BELIEVE I AM A COWARD IN THIS ASPECT OF THAT TOPIC!

This is why I have said...I wish I did NOT KNOW!

I like you too and I do not consider your statement as having any issue between us. You question is valid. If you were in my position you would understand that my answer is also valid.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hmm..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe SplitInfinity was right?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Chuck...having the extensive experience and knowledge of such things is not necessarily something that is in a persons best interests. The MORE someone knows and the VASTNESS of GREY that becomes such a persons sky in life TAKES IT'S TOLL.

Believe me...somethings that many people here desire, wish, demand, fight and claw to know...once they actually find out...they immediately wish they never tried to find this knowledge in the first place. The things I know were not things that I sought out but rather being informed of this knowledge was a byproduct of one of my JOBS.

If I could go back and be BLISSFULLY IGNORANT....I would do it in a HEARTBEAT! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

It probably found a cow turd.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I know you aren't talking to me, but I hear you. I have those eyes too.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The WHACK JOBS are the issue here. Various Religious Leaders KNOW that such a discovery could have very bad implications. The plans are designed to diffuse such possible issues.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I agree that Catholics are not as Bible Specific as say Baptists. Still all Religions have their fair share of people who are driven by specifics. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Why is everyone so damn afraid? What a bunch of chickens.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Better to be a Live Chicken than on a PLATE!
Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join