It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Leaders Preparing the Faithful for the Discovery of E.T. Life.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It has become known that various Religions Leadership have been preparing Plans for the possible discovery of Alien Life. Although it is widely known that the U.S.Military has kept secret the existence of Intelligent E.T.'s....various Organized Religions have been planning what to tell their followers in the event that E.T. Life is discovered by NASA on Mars.

The Vatican Science Groups have been informing their Leadership that by as early as 2020 there is a very High Probability that NASA may discover Life on Mars. Although such life would be Microbial...such a discovery could have an impact upon Donations to the Church thus the church is preparing a plan of action that will address such a discovery to members of the church.

My question to all of you is...What do you believe the impact would be upon the Faithful if and when such a discovery is made public and do you think it would reduce the ranks of membership in various Religions?

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I don't think it would have any effect on the devoutly religious. They ignore all scientific evidence about everything else, so who's to say the won't ignore this. As usual they'll either claim NASA is in on some big global conspiracy that includes all scientists of any kind, or say something incredibly stupid like "God put that stuff there to test our faith".

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Good Point. Total denial then? You are probably right! One can never underestimate STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Yeah I guess the most common excuse would be to speak those five faithful words... "God works in mysterious ways"

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Dear SplitInfinity,

LOL. The Mormons would love it. The Muslims would not have a problem with it. Anyone with any sense would question it. Here is my question, how would you verify that the beings were actually alien as opposed to demonic? Both Hyneck and Vallee believe "aliens" to have been dimensional beings and neither was a Christian. When we consider other dimensions we must consider heaven and hell as another dimension. If a human can lie to you then a being knowing more truth than you could lie to you, how would you know if you were being lied to by a being a hundred times smarter than you?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
"We have to tell them about JESus!!!!"

-Evangelical christians

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

While it may be denial I wouldn't say it is based on stupidity. There are already theological ideas that deal with otherworldly entities. Not to mention the fact that there is already a conspiratorial angle known about this very subject.

On the other hand I don't think it would be hard for most people to accept and reconcile with their faith. The reason I see an agenda is because without the findings the idea is being pushed that in the event of said findings it would "destroy religion" which is just not true.

It would be different if Aliens came out and said we made you but even then there are a number of philosophies and religions that would include this idea and not be affected or seem hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Please explain how singularity happened.Also what existed before singularity? I will be waiting

Until science can confirm the birth of existence though scientific theory and unlock the reasons why it happened your guess is as good as any religious believer

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I don't understand where people get the idea that if aliens exist god doesn't exist? This is the conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Life on Mars? Bet the first thing the jews would ask "Are they antisemitic?"

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Demonic? I am talking about NASA finding Microbial Life on Mars and this being announced to the World. As far as Intelligent E.T. Life...I KNOW this to be a reality...I wish I did not know. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Still we have people who FOAM AT THE MOUTH when something as obvious in it's untrue nature such as the Earth being created in 6 days or the Earth being less than 6000 years old is mentioned.

I also do not believe it would destroy Religion but I do believe it would absolutely stick in the craw of some Creationists. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

LOL! Too Funny! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Dear SplitInfinity,

I'm not too excited about the insults in the thread, but I know I'm on the big boy's (and girl's) internet, so it's no big deal. But you're asking a question nearly impossible to answer.

My question to all of you is...What do you believe the impact would be upon the Faithful if and when such a discovery is made public and do you think it would reduce the ranks of membership in various Religions?
Billions of faithful and hundreds of religions? Who can answer that? Would my own personal reaction be of any use?

The existence of walking, thinking creatures on other planets would make me think in awe of God's creative power. There is nothing, that I have ever heard, that restricts God to creating creatures on this planet. He hasn't told us their story. It might be similar to ours or wildly different. What if they were given something similar to the Garden of Eden test and passed it? I would love to welcome them as brothers and sisters and share stories, although there is much shame in the stories we would have to tell.

Would I be less inclined to be religious? Goodness, no. A family reunion like that? I'd have to praise Him all the more. Another example of God's activity in the Universe? It would be wonderful.

I would worry, though, about us. We're not the nicest creatures around, and we don't have a great track record in dealing with newly discovered "people." I'd hope that we'd leave them alone.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Not much would change, I'd think. Other posters have mentioned how it would either be ignored or become an impetus for teaching aliens about Jesus.

If we're talking microbes--I don't think many people would care, honestly. I mean, it would be a groundbreaking discovery that shifts the paradigm of the planet

BUT, then we'd have 2 classes of response: 1) Those who say, "Who cares? It was pretty obvious there would be microbes out there. It's about time we found some." and 2) "Who cares? Microbes don't alter the literal word of God as recorded in the Bible."

No, I'm afraid it may take more than some microbes to change peoples' outlooks.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I think you will get a rash of people joining Religion, or forming new ones actually.

Hopefully not like this guy.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
What do you believe the impact would be upon the Faithful if and when such a discovery is made public and do you think it would reduce the ranks of membership in various Religions?

The faithful will stick with Jesus Christ and wait for the Mark of the Beast that will only function in the right hand or forehead.

i ask you this; if the aliens 'insisted' on inserting a device into your body (after our economy collapses) that only functions in the right hand or forehead, what are you going to do ?

Try insisting on the chip being inserted into the left hand and watch how hostile the 'good' e.t. gets.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I am a Christian who expects life to be found on Mars but I don't think it originated there.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

reply to post by AQuestion

Demonic? I am talking about NASA finding Microbial Life on Mars and this being announced to the World. As far as Intelligent E.T. Life...I KNOW this to be a reality...I wish I did not know. Split Infinity

ok now i'm intrigued. although it's off topic.. how do you know there alternative life elsewhere?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It has become known that various Religions Leadership have been preparing Plans for the possible discovery of Alien Life. Although it is widely known that the U.S.Military has kept secret the existence of Intelligent E.T.'s....various Organized Religions have been planning what to tell their followers in the event that E.T. Life is discovered by NASA on Mars.

The Vatican Science Groups have been informing their Leadership that by as early as 2020 there is a very High Probability that NASA may discover Life on Mars. Although such life would be Microbial...such a discovery could have an impact upon Donations to the Church thus the church is preparing a plan of action that will address such a discovery to members of the church.

but of course, the "religions" of the world have always been more concerned about their donations, and they somehow have to find an explanation on aliens, to keep the money rolling in.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join