It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel gives Hamas36-hour ultimatum before it steps up offensive - IDF

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hamas won't bow to that and they will fight to the death imo. It's a messy affair over there and I think it will end badly, there is a lot play using the media also, by both sides.

What's the deal with a bit of land for these people to live on?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is basically a psychopathic next door neighbour throwing petrol bombs through your window and telling you not to put out the fire or they will blow your house up. The Palestinians can do nothing but continue to fight.

I do worry that the other neighbour (Egypt) may feel they have to get involved in the way of allowing refugees across the border and sending a tough 'message' back to Israel. Who knows where that could lead?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think Israel needs to be very cautious, because while they have the upper hand right now, beating to death a weakened enemy, Egypt is right when they say that many in the international community will not accept a ground invasion.

The talks in Cairo would not have been solely about negotiating a ceasefire, they would have used that opportunity to consider what response they would give to a ground invasion. They have now given a clue to that by making the open statement that it will not go unanswered.

IMO, Egypt has just made it clear that there is a coalition willing to defend Gaza if Israel launches a ground assault. Israel might think it can just carry on, but how would they fare against a coalition defending Gaza?

And I don't think the US would jump in there either. It might depend on Russia's stance and involvement, but if there is an Arab coalition I think Obama would be forced to spend a long time considering the outcome before offering defence to Israel.

If Israeli troops enter Gaza, all bets are off. Hamas has stated that they have had time to prepare, and I think Israel will get a nasty surprise if they invade - not just from a coalition, but from Hamas and the Palestinian people too.

Ultimately, this will only risk more Israeli lives in the long run.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by survivalcat

Originally posted by survivalcat
Being of Norwegian and jewish descent.....I say bring it on cowards...people say these jews are the fault and the US cowardly proxies them.

If you found yourself attacked by primitive reliegious types on all sides even jewish you might find that the technological types and the best minds only have the process of that in mind not all the bull# most attribute to the overall problem and conflict.

It will play out and I honestly would like to see the israelis win.

They may be ruthless but when you have a insurmountably wicked force at your doorstep every day and a superior backing which for us here in the USA would be the equivalent of a technologically advanced alien force gifting you solutions of a military nature.

What would you do?

Slap down anyone?.....work together maybe....out of the #ing question with these mohummer worshippers
edit on 19-11-2012 by survivalcat because: (no reason given)

So what you are basically saying is you want a lot more people to die? You are actually willing the Palestinians to kill innocent Israelis so that the Israelis can then kill innocent Palestinians?

You sicko.

I spent a couple of years living in Norway, I don't understand what your Norwegian heritage has to do with in the slightest but I hate to inform you but the the people of Norway I came to know and love whilst I was over there would definitely NOT share your bloodthirsty sentiments.
If anything the majority were in support of Palestinian freedom........

But most of all they, as I were in support of a peaceful solution without bloodshed over taking sides.

Every Palestinian wants the Israelis dead and if there were any chance, they would kill an Israeli. Even their education channels preach how the children should grow up to be martyrs by killing jews!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I think Israel needs to be very cautious, because while they have the upper hand right now, beating to death a weakened enemy, Egypt is right when they say that many in the international community will not accept a ground invasion.

The talks in Cairo would not have been solely about negotiating a ceasefire, they would have used that opportunity to consider what response they would give to a ground invasion. They have now given a clue to that by making the open statement that it will not go unanswered.

IMO, Egypt has just made it clear that there is a coalition willing to defend Gaza if Israel launches a ground assault. Israel might think it can just carry on, but how would they fare against a coalition defending Gaza?

And I don't think the US would jump in there either. It might depend on Russia's stance and involvement, but if there is an Arab coalition I think Obama would be forced to spend a long time considering the outcome before offering defence to Israel.

If Israeli troops enter Gaza, all bets are off. Hamas has stated that they have had time to prepare, and I think Israel will get a nasty surprise if they invade - not just from a coalition, but from Hamas and the Palestinian people too.

Ultimately, this will only risk more Israeli lives in the long run.

To be candid, I think this a calculated ploy here by Hamas. They have put Israel is a lose, lose situation. The more Israel defends herself from these attacks, the more political instability they create among the world. This also prevents them from focusing on attacking Iran and brings other Arab nations into the fold for a retaliation against Israel is such an attack were to take place.

The cards have been played and as you mentioned, it's very precarious and no matter which way Israel goes it will look bad for them.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Islam will NEVER make peace with the Yehudim. Never.

Their whole objective is to defeat them. Their God commands it, whether you agree or not, the law of abrogation stands and all Yehudim are to be ridden of. It's that simple.

You can't make peace when the world doesn't understand Islam and how it works. It's a systemic problem. I URGE you to clue yourself in on their ancient hatred. Because it still stands today....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by XalienagendaX
reply to post by b14warrior

FALSE: 36 hours is 1 1/2 days. So it can be measured in days.

And, this above, people of the world is why there will never be peace over there. Arguing over the tiniest, stupid, detail of every word. Absolutely astounding.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius

Their whole objective is to defeat them. Their God commands it, whether you agree or not, the law of abrogation stands and all Yehudim are to be ridden of. It's that simple.

You can't make peace when the world doesn't understand Islam and how it works. It's a systemic problem. I URGE you to clue yourself in on their ancient hatred. Because it still stands today....

For 1100 years things went pretty well. Muslim countries even invited Jews to move there when Europeans banished them out of their countries during the middle ages. So what changed? Oh yeah, the Europeans decided to make a Western Colony with Jews. A colony which continually provokes local occupied civilian populations until they fight back. At which point the terror colony disproportianately retaliates. What a sick cycle

The retaliation is so seductive for the blood thirsty haters of arabs that they post about it 24/7 when the next offensive nears

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

They went well because the Yehudim paid their way and abided by their laws. They still had to pay the Jizya, there was also violence on both fronts regardless of the living standards. Yehudim and Muslims have only ever gotten along as long as one concedes a fundamental part of their faith to 'fit in'.

Things are different now, so harking back to antiquity is pointless anyway. They 'may' have existed in peace, but not today. You may want to ask yourself why that is. The bloodlust you speak of is very real, though it's usually coming from the mouth of an Islamist 'scholar'.

No one hates Arabs, we just hate the violence and lack of basic human rights that follow.... We can look at Saudi Arabia as a pretty nice example of how the population is doing in terms of human rights and living standards. People are executed for witchcraft and being homosexual still. Men are instructed on how to beat their wives... They also made the claim that allowing women to drive will cause a rise in the population of 'gays'.... Come now, what's your defence?
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

Added to that the whole driving point is further added to when the women dares drive without a man present when she 'should' be caring for her family......
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I fear that for things to improve for the Palestinians the ground offensive needs to happen, For the reason the international community will be forced to take action against Israel.....Even Britain has said it will condemn a ground offensive.

If just a truce happens what would have changed, nothing.....just more lives lost.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

Pretty sure 36 hours is longer than 24 hours. Technically making it ... one day and some hours.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

rt.com

Nov. 19, 07:13 GMT: Israel has warned Hamas that it will step up its offensive in the Gaza Strip in 36 hours if they do not cease rocket fire and arms smuggling. Israeli Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz told IDF radio that the time left before Israel escalates its attacks can be measured in “hours, not days.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

i hope for all the children, that Hamas is smart enough to stop... they have been giving a time line all the dead civilians will be because of Hamas . all they have to do is stop firing rockets at innocent women and children

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

rt.com

Nov. 19, 07:13 GMT: Israel has warned Hamas that it will step up its offensive in the Gaza Strip in 36 hours if they do not cease rocket fire and arms smuggling. Israeli Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz told IDF radio that the time left before Israel escalates its attacks can be measured in “hours, not days.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

i hope for all the children, that Hamas is smart enough to stop... they have been giving a time line all the dead civilians will be because of Hamas . all they have to do is stop firing rockets at innocent women and children

While Israel continue to fire rockets at them? Really? We saw today a family of 10 were killed in Gaza without a second thought for the women and children. Would you really expect them to just sit back and not retaliate? It needs to work both ways in the form of a ceasefire but Israel cannot let this happen as they have already set the ball rolling and it's too late to stop it.
edit on 19-11-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Albawaba - Your Gateway To The Middle East

^ you might find this website/news source helpful? Unbiased.

Iran News this one is quite the alternative read!
News page hardly mentions the war but seems biased towards Hamas.

Israel News

I dont bother too much with mainstream news nowadays.

Iran News Daily.

Hacked.

edit on 19-11-2012 by lnfideI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The words "security belt" are slipped in there without any comment. I found an explanation of what is meant.

Hamas reportedly agreed to the bulk of the terms but balked at Israeli demands to create an even bigger “buffer zone” between Israel and the tiny strip, carved entirely out of Gazan territory.

Israel has already imposed a de facto “no-go” area for the 300 meters of Gaza that borders Israeli territory, and while this doesn’t sound significant it actually carves a significant chunk out of the narrow enclave, which is only a few kilometers wide in parts. This “no-go” area mostly consists of farmland, and Israeli troops have regularly killed farmers they accused of crossing the boundary. It is unclear how much more territory Israel sought.
Gaza Ceasefire Talks Fail on Israeli Demands for More ‘Buffer’ Zones

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

Things are different now, so harking back to antiquity is pointless anyway. They 'may' have existed in peace, but not today. You may want to ask yourself why that is.

The 1900s aren't exactly "antiquity". 1948, not too long ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius

That is actually a problem on both sides. And the west jumps in and takes sides with irrational people assuming that their thought processes are the same. Ancient hatred breeds a special kind of deluded insanity..

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Waiting for this to have its own headline and more sources.

Couldnt find it in updates.

Horrible situation for the innocent people on either side that don't give a # about political or religious ideology and just want to live in peace.

I think the ground war would turn this intro an even bigger mess.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Floydshayvious because: spellz

edit on 19-11-2012 by Floydshayvious because: spellz

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There are only 3 solutions:

1. Isreal commits genocide so that thare are no more palestinians
2. Palestinians commit genocide so that there are no more Israelis
3. They talk with serious intent.

So far most people want 1 or 2. Hamas wants 2 , Israel wants 1.

1 or 2 are sick and twisted and everyone in world should hang their head in shame like they did with Rwanda.....oh hang on.......

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

Pretty unsettling clip of a CNN interview between the anchor, an Israeli, and a Palistinian. Couldn't hear the Palistinian too well for all the bombing nearby. Wow. Has anyone heard the results from the cease- fire discussions? Or the 36-hour deadline?
edit on 19-11-2012 by missvicky because: to add

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join