It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel gives Hamas36-hour ultimatum before it steps up offensive - IDF

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Israel gives Hamas36-hour ultimatum before it steps up offensive - IDF

rt.com

Nov. 19, 07:13 GMT: Israel has warned Hamas that it will step up its offensive in the Gaza Strip in 36 hours if they do not cease rocket fire and arms smuggling. Israeli Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz told IDF radio that the time left before Israel escalates its attacks can be measured in “hours, not days.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Only place I could find this was on the Russia Today Israel and Palestine update page eventually so it will drop down the updates but I'm sure this will be headline news soon.

I really do hope that for whatever reason it doesn't come to this.
Whether that be pressure on Israel from the International community or Palestine stop firing rockets.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

FALSE: 36 hours is 1 1/2 days. So it can be measured in days.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by XalienagendaX

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by XalienagendaX

Er...... yes....... well done, 36 hours is ALSO one and a half days.
Not quite sure what your point is there.
edit on 19-11-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If anybody could find some more information I'd appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

I re-read that comment 2 or 3 times thinking, WTH??
Figured it was a figment of my imagination.....or maybe I had one too many !!!

Any how, regardless, I hope that Israel/Hamas will come to a truce and soon.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalcat

Originally posted by survivalcat
Being of Norwegian and jewish descent.....I say bring it on cowards...people say these jews are the fault and the US cowardly proxies them.

If you found yourself attacked by primitive reliegious types on all sides even jewish you might find that the technological types and the best minds only have the process of that in mind not all the bull# most attribute to the overall problem and conflict.

It will play out and I honestly would like to see the israelis win.

They may be ruthless but when you have a insurmountably wicked force at your doorstep every day and a superior backing which for us here in the USA would be the equivalent of a technologically advanced alien force gifting you solutions of a military nature.

What would you do?

Slap down anyone?.....work together maybe....out of the #ing question with these mohummer worshippers
edit on 19-11-2012 by survivalcat because: (no reason given)

So what you are basically saying is you want a lot more people to die? You are actually willing the Palestinians to kill innocent Israelis so that the Israelis can then kill innocent Palestinians?

You sicko.

I spent a couple of years living in Norway, I don't understand what your Norwegian heritage has to do with in the slightest but I hate to inform you but the the people of Norway I came to know and love whilst I was over there would definitely NOT share your bloodthirsty sentiments.
If anything the majority were in support of Palestinian freedom........

But most of all they, as I were in support of a peaceful solution without bloodshed over taking sides.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Sad news indeed. The way I interpret it is this:

"Everyone in Palestine now has 36 hours to collect anything you can carry and flee with your family to anywhere you can go which you think is safe, unless you can find and convince whoever is launching rockets to stop.

If you can't get them to stop, the final land grab will commence as our military marches forward."

Just my take, and I think should Israel follow through with this threat could potentially escalate very fast... Or then again it could just be another drama/theater/temper tantrum for the zionists ... hopefully.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I misunderstood something. Carry on.
edit on 11-19-2012 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Albawaba - Your Gateway To The Middle East

^ you might find this website/news source helpful? Unbiased.

Iran News this one is quite the alternative read!
News page hardly mentions the war but seems biased towards Hamas.

Israel News

I dont bother too much with mainstream news nowadays.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Its my fervent prayer that the leaders on both sides now start thinking of the future,and further than the skirmishes du jour-Do they want this to stop permanently,for the sake of their children? Will they look at what this has done,and Is doing to the Next generation of their children,their own flesh and blood? Because if this is their priority,a reasonable chance at life and at least basic peace+some contentment,a stable way of life that excludes terror,pain and mayhem,for their young-then both sides will work ceaselessly towards a workable agreement,and not consider quitting for a moment till such a solution is reached.However,on Israel's side there are propably agendas that would preclude a peaceful solution from being implemented,but one can always hope.My sickness at heart is for the children caught up in this warzone,and all other warzones.The older kids+young people who never had a chance at a normal life,who's bodies are maimed,whose psyche's are forever damaged.So many young lives snuffed,stomped on like they were nothing..well,at times i actualy hope the 21st December realy Does bring the end,even if it claims me and mine too..the human race experiment was a flop,an epic fail,by the looks of it.That is how bone souldeep sick and tired i am of seeing the hatred,the bloodshed, the slaughter of the innocents,the pure malice,and not just in this Israeli-Palestinian issue.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Dear b14warrior,

Good to see you again. You know, it can also be measured in seconds or decades.

I thought you might like an article which contains more info on the ultimatum.
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Israel has delivered an ultimatum to Hamas through Egypt, according to which the IDF will widen its offensive in Gaza in 36 hours unless Hamas ceases firing rockets and smuggling arms into Gaza, IDF Radio reported Monday morning.
Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz told the station that the time left before Israel steps up its attack can be measured in "hours, not days."
"We are at a junction," he said. "Either we go toward a calm or toward a meaningful widening of the operation&hellip including a possible move to achieve complete military decision."
There are ongoing contacts between Israel and Hamas through intermediaries, IDF Radio said, but the gaps between the sides are still very large. According to reports in Cairo, Hamas demands a complete removal of the blockade on Gaza, an IDF commitment to stop crossing the security fence into Gaza and a cessation of targeted killings.
Israel, for its part, demands that Hamas cease firing rockets into Israel for a period of "several years" and a cessation of arms smuggling into Gaza. Israel agrees to Hamas's demand that the Rafiah crossing into Egypt be opened, but refuses to open crossings into Israel.
Hamas official Moussa Abu Marzuk said that Hamas will not agree to Israel's demands for a "security belt" on Gaza's eastern side, and a cessation of smuggling through the tunnels.
Voice of Israel public radio quoted a senior source in Jerusalem as saying that the question of whether Egypt can broker a ceasefire will be resolved Monday. A senior minister said that Israel will have to agree to a certain relaxation of the blockade of Gaza in return for long-term quiet on the southern border.
Hamas won't agree to stop smuggling weapons and explosives through tunnels?

With respect,
Charles1952
edit on 19-11-2012 by charles1952 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is a good move by israel! It forces hamas hand while at the same time giving israel a leg up against any anti tank munitions!

hamas will have been very careful deploying any anti tank stationss at risk israel will target them! Now israel has given them a 36 hr window it forces hamas to play their hand!

Either submit to israel before they roll in and accept this was just another light skirmish or prepare at which point sraels enhanced drone watching detects all positions being prepared!

Egypt are a dark horse, i dont think anyone knows what they will do and thats scary

At the same time i dont think israel realised how well the iron dome would function! problem with the iron dome is every interceptor sent up costs a crap load more than the hamas rockets! ISRAELS irondome is finite!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Egypt, the dark horse has a broken leg and needs to be put down. Newly formed Gov that is still fragile and has major problems; what the hell have they got to offer? As if, after their civil unrest they have the right to offer any kind of advice? oh... of course, the new Gov is not like the old one that guns down its own civilians!!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

"Everyone in Palestine now has 36 hours to collect anything you can carry and flee with your family to anywhere you can go which you think is safe, unless you can find and convince whoever is launching rockets to stop.

If you can't get them to stop, the final land grab will commence as our military marches forward."

Just my take, and I think should Israel follow through with this threat could potentially escalate very fast... Or then again it could just be another drama/theater/temper tantrum for the zionists ... hopefully.

I'm the first to admit that I'm so confused on this issue...I don't know who or what issue truly lies at the heart of this confilct. But my question is: Is Palestine at the point of "better to die standing than on your knees"?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky

Originally posted by Philippines

I'm the first to admit that I'm so confused on this issue...I don't know who or what issue truly lies at the heart of this confilct. But my question is: Is Palestine at the point of "better to die standing than on your knees"?

I think there are many opposing views that will do their best to explain their side of what the "heart" of the conflict is -- but you will probably not get any real answers as the "leaders" in charge of this situation will not discuss or follow through with any real discussion / action.

Your question is excellent! I was wondering the same thing when I wrote that post. Is this the breaking point for Palestinians to rise? At the same time, if they do become occupied by the Israeli military, what will the neighboring allies do?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

they have a young, Arab population. The roots of anti American Muslims started in Egypt. I think Egyptians are ferociously loyal, if their pharaoh said attack Israel i doubt any of them would say no!

Who is the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The ultimatum is just a ploy......knowig full well the Palestinians will NOT stop struggling against Israel
The whole exercise is for better world press.......

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join