It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'm armed and have a lot of ramen. Does that count?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
To the op of this thread...I have another item ready to scratch off my
prepper list.I have just spent 8 hours today canning apple butter.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

If they all thought the world was going to end why would they bother 'prepping'?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Most are part of a group...they also hold extreme views. Therefore, they should be classed as a potential terrorist. Especially if they have training in specific areas and own a stockpile of weapons...

Let's see:

Veteran - check
Distrust of US Federal Government - check
100+ guns - check
1 year of food in storage - check
15K rounds of ammo - check
Special Forces training - check
Federal Explosives License - check
Constitutionalist - check
Pays for things in (gasp) cash - check
Concealed Carry holder - check
Visits "prepper" websites - check
Conspiracy theorist - check

So you are saying that me, a guy who served the US Army for 24 years with the highest clearance possible (other than nuclear PRP) is good enough to carry a weapon for the United States but when I retire all of the sudden I am a potential terrorist?

I prepare so that I can be self sufficient, I want my privacy so I can live my life as I so choose.

You can live yours however you choose as well.

However, in this thread you have opined that because I live semi off grid, and like to collect guns and know how to live off the land, have Special Forces training and combat experience I am somehow a potential terrorist.

The government only need fear reaction from me should they decide to remove any of those freedoms by force. If so I will resist.

If they don't they have nothing to fear from me. Neither do you.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I got so excited when I read how many guns and ammo you have
woof!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

You just moved to the top of my *people to barter with* list.....

Des

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Hope you've got some of "those" cached. Hate to see you lose them to the feds or something.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Nice list, sir. I'm working on all of those. I'm at the cultural hub of the universe learning to do bloody needlepoint with my buddies at the moment. Hopefully the SHTF later rather than sooner. Appears our nations greatest assets have become liabilities.

You can try and free the oppressed, but some just like their chains....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Since this is kind of a survival thread
I will say my honest answer.
Yes,guns and ammo is the answer.

They are on file and the guvmint knows you have them.
When you run out of ammo and gun powder...I can still make an arrow.

In a scenario where the guvmint fails....you might get away with it UNTIL you run out of ammo that you stocked or your gun breaks.

Am I missing something or are you guys,I don't have a gun and am still a prepper and can still get things done without guns or ammo??

Knowledge is easier to carry than ammo and bush knowledge is better than relying on something you cannot duplicate. (guns and ammo)

Sorry if this sounds harsh...this forum just makes me shake my head sometimes and my angst is not directed at you personally as you seem like a nice person.

A great saying I have heard recently is...."if I gave you a hatchet,how long until you can send me an e-mail?"

edit on 19-11-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes people who are trained and prepared are terrorists. You are right.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by daaskapital

How is this not a troll thread and how is it that the Mods haven't locked it?

Maybe the mods respect other peoples opinions.

Oh yeah, because that's exactly what this thread is, an opinion based off of nothing but the OPs ignorance who only wants to piss people with said ignorance. Deny ignorance? Nah, and by the looks of it at least 1 poster got banned because of this stupid thread. It always amusing to see what threads they lock/delete while leaving others totally alone, hell even posting in them.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I was in a restaurant today. At the next table was a very loud child moving amongst the patrons and bothering them for an hour.

That's a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
reply to post by Golf66

Hope you've got some of "those" cached. Hate to see you lose them to the feds or something.

Only a small portion of the guns in my collection have been purchased from a dealer. Most are untraceable.

I have a few leftover "war trophies" being your own customs inspector is a good deal.

Admittedly most of my guns are not really high end ( i have some muzzle loaders, breech loading shotguns of various types, small caliber handguns etc), when I see something cheap at an estate auction I can't resist...

That said, I think worse come to worse I could outfit a platoon of people with battle rifles of some type.

If the government comes to confiscate guns I recommend they bring along at least a platoon size force, a good supply of body bags and plenty of MRE's it's going to be a long day for someone.

Before I was an officer in Special Forces I was an Engineer Sergeant, I love making things go boom.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

No,guns and ammo aren't the answer...I said the number that
he had got me excited!

I no longer tell anyone what I have and how much I have.

I am a woman who is finally learning to keep her secrets.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

People tell me I'm crazy. Can I be a terrorist too?

i think he mean people that have guns ..
but i only have a bob and food
so im out of his list now

i think

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Damn, I want to be a terrorist.

edit on 11/19/2012 by subjectzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raulken
reply to post by Golf66

Nice list, sir. I'm working on all of those. I'm at the cultural hub of the universe learning to do bloody needlepoint with my buddies at the moment. Hopefully the SHTF later rather than sooner. Appears our nations greatest assets have become liabilities.

Cheers, be careful.

Originally posted by Raulken
You can try and free the oppressed, but some just like their chains....

Most Americans do not even comprehend the nature of their chains. They no longer need be made of metal to be just as restrictive and binding. Regulations and laws restricting freedom are just as binding as any prison or set of chains.

The downfall of Rome became all the more imminent/apparent when the leaders began to fear allowing their legions to enter the capitol.

When a nation begins to fear the very Soldiers it created that should be an indicator to the people that the government is up to no good.

What do they have to fear from Soldiers who are treated well and respected by the people?
Makes me wonder. What about you?

Having served these masters and carried out all manner of their orders for 24 years I know full well the acts of which they are capable.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Damn, I want to be a terrorist.

edit on 11/19/2012 by subjectzero because: (no reason given)

Join the IDF for that

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Imagine your at work and the babies are at daycare, you hear on the news the stock market has crashed, what if you leave work as fast as you can to the store but all diapers and milk for the babies are already gone? It would be a very sad day for these children if there parents didnt think of there welfare just incase...Say they didnt prepare, then these parents will be the dangerous ones because they will be desperate and will rob, steal or harm anyone for the milk there babies need.. while everyone else stays quietly in the homes feeding there children... Its because of love for there families people prepare...nothing more..

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No need to be so frightend of neighbors and friends, everyone is a bit scared right now is all...Peace
edit on 19-11-2012 by LiquidDiamonds because: listed twice

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join