It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I just don't think the world will end

It is better to be the guy with a smoke detector instead of being the guy who passed out after 3 valiums without a smoke detector.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
I'm sorry, but all you guys calling the op a troll need to sort it out.
You're the kind of ignorant retards that give sites like this a bad name, and the exact kind of people that the op is talking about.
I've had enough of people who won't put their personal views aside and actually discuss topics on threads rather than just going "you're trolling op!" Or "all these people are right so the op must be wrong and deluded!"
"Deny ignorance"
More like "deny intelligent discussion!"

I did discuss...my point of view on the topic presented by the OP. I think most everyone in this thread did *discuss* their points of view...Because the OP didn't return to continue to *discuss* his point of view is not our fault. Sorry this thread, and the participants don't meet your narrow view of discussion.....

Des

edit on 19-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

I was sleeping

You can;t expect me to stay up all night when i have an early start in the morning

Either way, I will be going back over the comments and will reply to most.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
this coming from someone who uses a avatar from assassins creed. you can tell a lot from someones avatar.

for many, an assassin is the ultimate terrorist. they employ many tactics that terrorists use.
they sneak around in the shadows, they keep their lives secret, they kill for money and or ideas.
they use many unconventional ways to kill. they have a stock pile of weapons, they use many different identities,
and many have been found to have mental disorders. also they cause many important people to live in fear.

edit on 19-11-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Assassin's Creed is a good game...no more, no less.

I can tell that you are a dog

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
Who is a Prepper terrorizing and what is a Prepper trying to Coerce from anyone?!?

Definition of TERRORISM
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

You are full of fail with your irrational thoughts about people that will be able to suffer through harder time better than most.

More definitions:
1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.

I see, you are frightened by preppers.... That's it Case closed.

You are either a Troll or a Government agent trying to justify your actions so you can sleep at night.

I see no other logical reason why you would post this drivel!

Sirric
edit on 19/11/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

Most are part of a group...they also hold extreme views. Therefore, they should be classed as a potential terrorist. Especially if they have training in specific areas and own a stockpile of weapons...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
And your a government ass kisser. Its kind of a proven fact that government ass kissers commit genocides. Preppers on the other hand would rather hide out and keep to themselves

I'm not a government arse kisser

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I agree! I just turned in 7 squirrels in my area for hoarding nuts!

*shakes an angry fist at the squirrels*

(note; I responded with general silliness because I felt the premise of this thread ws somewhat silly. Carry on.
)

Don't make me shake my fist at you beezzer

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

me neither
but i have a bob and food reserve in case there is some natural emergency disaster
that doesnt mean im a potential terrorist

your title is a bit offensive to everyone that take precautions for their familly safety
the usual preppers are like me .. preparing in case there is a disaster
taking precaution in case there is a Katrina or Sandy
not the end of the world ..
if there is really the end of the world then what would be the point to be preppers
we wont be there to use our stuff and help people that didnt made reserve

CX

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Most are part of a group...they also hold extreme views. Therefore, they should be classed as a potential terrorist. Especially if they have training in specific areas and own a stockpile of weapons...

Is that fact? I'd have thought, and this is only an opinion based on spending a few years on prepping forums, that most would be lone preppers. Yes you get many that want to seek out a group, but many also would rather go it alone.

Training to look after yourself is not an act of terror, it's common sense and a skill you will be begging for if the brown stuff ever did really hit the fan.

My advice, if anyone asks, you're not a prepper, it's just the way you live. You like having a few more things in the cupboard than other people.

CX.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Tsk tsk tsk Daas. Controversial as always.

I would not label preppers as terrorists mate. I can understand your pov about some of them maybe gearing up for more than just some big disaster, or a zombie apocalypse.

I do however believe that 90 percent of them, are merely preparing for an unforseen future.

Better to be prepared than unprepared mate. Be ready for the unexpected.

vvv

vvv, i haven't seen you in a long time

Nice to hear from you again.

I agree. I was just talking of the mentally ill ones who stock up on supplies/weapons. The one who may pose a threat to others...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, this is interesting

I have a fair few rivals now...officially

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I think the problem here that people are having is that you don’t really seem to know what a terrorist actually is. You seem to have a idea in your head about how you define terrorist but assume that we all shear this same definition.

The second problem you seem to have regards what you think constitutes a potential terrorist. Anyone could be a potential terrorist by your logic.

I don’t want to be cruel hear, but it kinda sounds like you don’t actually know what you are talking about or at the very least don’t have a thought out argument to support the claims you made in the OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Extrapolating with your logic....all people who wear hoodies, deserve to be classified as Gangstas...to be shot on sight...per your own Avatar....

What a ridiculous person you are....

Des

Yes

No.

I never stated that all preppers deserve to be classed as terrorists.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Trolls should be classified as terrorists.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

How is this not a troll thread and how is it that the Mods haven't locked it?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

How is this not a troll thread and how is it that the Mods haven't locked it?

Maybe the mods respect other peoples opinions.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists

Preppers deserve to be classed as terrorists. Here is why:

1) A huge proportion of preppers are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is going to end.

2) A huge proportion of preppers maintain an (obvious) survival mentality, which is dangerous when combined with the above.

3) A huge proportion of preppers own a stockpile of weapons of both minor and major variants.

4) A huge proportion of preppers have training in all sorts of things, ranging from weapons handling to survival.

5) A huge proportion of preppers own a lot of resources, allowing them to hold off for months on end.

Combined together, the preppers can be seen to be paranoid and/or mentally challenged individuals with combat/survival training. Furthermore, most of these preppers have a large stockpile of supplies, allowing them to operate (in whatever way they choose) months at a time.

This is why they deserve to be classed as terrorists.

And you have just made "my list" of Enemy of the People.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ok, here is a problem in your OP.
Not everyone that has a stockpile of food and weapons is a prepper.

I probably have a years worth of food in my basement. Mostly stuff I canned. This is what many, many people USED to do, all the time. Because it is way more reliable than a freezer! I also have guns, and ammo. We hunt.

So, is it only the ones calling themselves prepper that have to worry?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Extrapolating with your logic....all people who wear hoodies, deserve to be classified as Gangstas...to be shot on sight...per your own Avatar....

What a ridiculous person you are....

Des

Yes

No.

I never stated that all preppers deserve to be classed as terrorists.

Des is still correct though. Belonging to a conspiracy website makes you a potential terrorist and more than likely to have mental issues. Welcome to being us Gangsta...don't worry, I don't own a gun.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
People tell me I'm crazy. Can I be a terrorist too?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
People tell me I'm crazy. Can I be a terrorist too?

Only if you stock up on supplies like a lot of people in New York and area wish they did...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join