It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Did I pass by any chance?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

"Zombies" will be the people who feel entitled and roam mindlessly after a disaster begging and stealing from those that are prepared! Zombies are people like the OP who are laughing now, but they'll be crying raving lunatics later.

I simply cannot BELIEVE that people still think prepping is crazy after watching what's happened during Sandy and Katrina!!!

Although, with the mentality of most people living in la la land these days, I really shouldn't be surprised. TV is entertainment and you see the disasters but if they didn't affect you personally then it's just a novelty. How ridiculous! Doomsday Preppers is a horrible show that is perpetuating the propaganda people such as the OP gobbles up. That show does not accurately represent the majority of preppers. Things like that has made prepper a four letter word or as the OP surmises, equal to terrorist.

Most preppers are not obsessed with 2012, fantasyland zombies, alien invasions, etc. They are normal people who have assessed the national and global situation and have decided to make sure they can take care of themselves, their families, and their communities should anything happen.

Most preppers are not lonewolfing it. Many are prepping for their friends, family and neighbors even if those groups are laughing at them now. Most preppers do not want anything to happen and are certainly not planning to hurt anyone. Completely the opposite.

The people who we really should be watching are those who AREN'T prepping, bc those are going to be the dangerous liabilities when something DOES happen. Society is, at any given moment, about 3 days away from total anarchy if the grid goes down or the delivery trucks stop moving. The local grocery store will be wiped clean. We've seen this happen yet still IGNORANCE prevails. People say they wouldn't do this or that, they wouldn't steal or threaten the lives of others... Well let's see how your mindset changes when your kids haven't ate for a week.

There's too many unknowns in this world and just based on natural disasters alone, no one is completely safe. I think it's personally irresponsible to NOT prepare. Everyone keeps complaining about entitlement programs yet prepping is a mental disorder? Good grief.

If anyone would like to see a factual account of preppers, there is a YT channel that is producing their own version called REAL DAY PREPPERS and the guy's channel is thelowbuckprepper. There's also a website that he hosts with all the RDP videos available to view at www.realdaypreppers.com. He has an on-going series following REAL everyday preppers and he doesn't edit it for entertainment value or $$$ like NATGEO does.

I ask all you naysayers... Do you have car insurance? Do you have homeowners insurance? Well how is prepping any different?
edit on 20-11-2012 by SilverStarGazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStarGazer

"Zombies" will be the people who feel entitled and roam mindlessly after a disaster begging and stealing from those that are prepared! Zombies are people like the OP who are laughing now, but they'll be crying raving lunatics later.

I simply cannot BELIEVE that people still think prepping is crazy after watching what's happened during Sandy and Katrina!!!

Although, with the mentality of most people living in la la land these days, I really shouldn't be surprised. TV is entertainment and you see the disasters but if they didn't affect you personally then it's just a novelty. How ridiculous! Doomsday Preppers is a horrible show that is perpetuating the propaganda people such as the OP gobbles up. That show does not accurately represent the majority of preppers. Things like that has made prepper a four letter word or as the OP surmises, equal to terrorist.

Most preppers are not obsessed with 2012, fantasyland zombies, alien invasions, etc. They are normal people who have assessed the national and global situation and have decided to make sure they can take care of themselves, their families, and their communities should anything happen.

Most preppers are not lonewolfing it. Many are prepping for their friends, family and neighbors even if those groups are laughing at them now. Most preppers do not want anything to happen and are certainly not planning to hurt anyone. Completely the opposite.

The people who we really should be watching are those who AREN'T prepping, bc those are going to be the dangerous liabilities when something DOES happen. Society is, at any given moment, about 3 days away from total anarchy if the grid goes down or the delivery trucks stop moving. The local grocery store will be wiped clean. We've seen this happen yet still IGNORANCE prevails. People say they wouldn't do this or that, they wouldn't steal or threaten the lives of others... Well let's see how your mindset changes when your kids haven't ate for a week.

There's too many unknowns in this world and just based on natural disasters alone, no one is completely safe. I think it's personally irresponsible to NOT prepare. Everyone keeps complaining about entitlement programs yet prepping is a mental disorder? Good grief.

If anyone would like to see a factual account of preppers, there is a YT channel that is producing their own version called REAL DAY PREPPERS and the guy's channel is thelowbuckprepper. There's also a website that he hosts with all the RDP videos available to view at www.realdaypreppers.com. He has an on-going series following REAL everyday preppers and he doesn't edit it for entertainment value or $$$ like NATGEO does.

I ask all you naysayers... Do you have car insurance? Do you have homeowners insurance? Well how is prepping any different?

*face palm*
Yet another person who completely missed what were saying.
Being prepared and having the ability to look after yourself isnt crazy.
What is crazy is devoting most of your time to preparing for some "impending doom" where, all of a sudden the military is out to kill every civilian to make way for some new world order, or like you said, am economic collapse.
Tell me, why are you any different from the moronic Christians who, at this time last year were barking on about how "the rapture" was coming on new years?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

So people should only plan for some worst case scenarios, and not others. Interesting, who makes up the "OK to prep for list?"
edit on Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:03:39 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Wongbeedman

So people should only plan for some worst case scenarios, and not others. Interesting, who makes up the "OK to prep for list?"
edit on Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:03:39 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

No, prepare for what you need to, just like everyone does everyday.
Like I said survival is a natural human instinct.
What you guys seem to think is that the only people with a chance of survival in a doomsday scenario are the ones sat in holes at the bottom of their garden, surrounding by beans, guns, and ammo.
Normal people are prepared as much as they need to be for what we know is coming.
There is a difference between someone who wears a raincoat because the forecast says its going to rain, and someone who waters a gas mask out because there's always a chance we might get nuked.
Get what I'm saying?
edit on 20-11-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The answer is me,myself and I decide when,how and what
to prep for!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Obvious troll is obvious.

Really?

I am being serious...

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists for the reasons i outlined...
: :
A terrorist is SOMEONE WHO fly's a plane into a building in the name of Mohammad , NOT someone who prepares themselves for WTSHTF scenarios ,A prepper main concern is protecting his family and his assets , If you consider a prepper a terrorist, then 99.9% of the people on this site are terrorist
edit on 20-11-2012 by bdb818888 because: language

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

No, prepare for what you need to, just like everyone does everyday.
Like I said survival is a natural human instinct.
What you guys seem to think is that the only people with a chance of survival in a doomsday scenario are the ones sat in holes at the bottom of their garden, surrounding by beans, guns, and ammo.
Normal people are prepared as much as they need to be for what we know is coming.
There is a difference between someone who wears a raincoat because the forecast says its going to rain, and someone who waters a gas mask out because there's always a chance we might get nuked.
Get what I'm saying?

Bold is mine. The worst disasters are always the ones that happen out of nowhere. The ones no one sees coming. I prepare for anything I can think of, if it don't happen, so what? If it does happen, there will be a few of us prepared, and a whole bunch of mindless zombies that only prepare for what the idiotbox tells them is coming, wishing they prepared too. Too little too late though eh?

edit on Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:44:04 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It seems only prudent to have some supplies on hand in case of a local emergency.

At some point people cross a line from being prepared and turn into survivalists.

To me, the media is trying to make preppers look like the hard core survivalists.

Whereas, to me, preppers have just listened to the cdc, fema and the red cross that tell them to be prepared.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

Originally posted by SilverStarGazer

*face palm*
Yet another person who completely missed what were saying.
Being prepared and having the ability to look after yourself isnt crazy.
What is crazy is devoting most of your time to preparing for some "impending doom" where, all of a sudden the military is out to kill every civilian to make way for some new world order, or like you said, am economic collapse.
Tell me, why are you any different from the moronic Christians who, at this time last year were barking on about how "the rapture" was coming on new years?

No you missed the point. Most preppers are not spending every dime and obsessing over crazy Armageddon scenarios every waking moment. You guys are taking a few extremists and stereotyping the whole bunch. It's simply not the case and Doomsday Preppers is not the norm. If some people would rather spend their time gardening or learning skills rather than watching football or going to the mall then what's wrong with that?

Think what you want but just bc you say it doesn't make it true. I've yet to see any of you post stats on this broad extremism you're talking about, yet I could give you a long list of examples as to why prepping is valuable.

Again I liken it to insurance and really that's all it is.

If you want to live care free thinking that the gov is gonna save you then go right ahead, but don't stereotype and condemn those who aren't expecting a hand out.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Preppers terrify terrorists because preppers are ready for trouble and not terrified of it...
eta:
so of course the terrorists would brand the antidote to their machinations as terrorists...
so as to aid in the nullification of the resistance to thie terrorist agenda...

which is why the GOVERNMENT made it ILLEGAL to HORD

edit on 20-11-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

not the first time, and I'm sure not the last. failing the test... Will I have the pretty white wagon take me out of my house, and put a nice white jacket, and put me in a pretty white room??? With tranquilizer darts filled with Thorizine???...but like I said, when It comes down to it will stand there with the "terrorist" Mental challenges and all because ya know what, I know I will be safe. Some preppers take it to an extreme, I realize that, to waant to survive in this day and age, your not sane in the first place....Get my point??

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Thank you vary much!!! I should statrt a theard like this to see how bad I'll get flambaed'. I like that you got imagination.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Congratulations for bringing the definition up. I am surprised it had to go to page 5 before this happened.

Continuing from there ( these are all from The Many Definitions of Terrorism )

League of Nations Convention Definition of Terrorism, 1937

Ethnic separatist violence in the 1930s provoked the League of Nations, formed after World War I to encourage world stability and peace, to define terrorism for the first time, as:

All criminal acts directed against a State and intended or calculated to create a state of terror in the minds of particular persons or a group of persons or the general public.

1) A huge proportion of preppers are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is going to end.
Not covered

2) A huge proportion of preppers maintain an (obvious) survival mentality, which is dangerous when combined with the above.
Not covered

3) A huge proportion of preppers own a stockpile of weapons of both minor and major variants.
Not covered

4) A huge proportion of preppers have training in all sorts of things, ranging from weapons handling to survival.
Not covered

5) A huge proportion of preppers own a lot of resources, allowing them to hold off for months on end.
Not covered

U.S. Department of Defense Definition of Terrorism

The Department of Defense Dictionary of Military Terms defines terrorism as:

The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.

1) A huge proportion of preppers are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is going to end.
Not covered

2) A huge proportion of preppers maintain an (obvious) survival mentality, which is dangerous when combined with the above.
Not covered

3) A huge proportion of preppers own a stockpile of weapons of both minor and major variants.
Not covered

4) A huge proportion of preppers have training in all sorts of things, ranging from weapons handling to survival.
Not covered

5) A huge proportion of preppers own a lot of resources, allowing them to hold off for months on end.
Not covered

Definition of Terrorism under U.S. Law

United States Law Code – the law that governs the entire country – contains a definition of terrorism embedded in its requirement that Annual Country reports on Terrorism be submitted by the Secretary of State to Congress every year. (From U.S. Code Title 22, Ch.38, Para. 2656f(d)

(d) Definitions
As used in this section—
(1) the term “international terrorism” means terrorism involving citizens or the territory of more than 1 country;
(2) the term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;
(3) the term “terrorist group” means any group, or which has significant subgroups which practice, international terrorism;
(4) the terms “territory” and “territory of the country” mean the land, waters, and airspace of the country; and
(5) the terms “terrorist sanctuary” and “sanctuary” mean an area in the territory of the country—
(A) that is used by a terrorist or terrorist organization—
(i) to carry out terrorist activities, including training, fundraising, financing, and recruitment; or
(ii) as a transit point; and
(B) the government of which expressly consents to, or with knowledge, allows, tolerates, or disregards such use of its territory and is not subject to a determination under—
(i) section 2405(j)(1)(A) of the Appendix to title 50;
(ii) section 2371 (a) of this title; or
(iii) section 2780 (d) of this title.

Not covered

Not covered

Not covered

Not covered

Not covered

FBI Definition of Terrorism

The FBI defines terrorism as:

The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a Government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

Not enough room to post any more and I guess you should get the point.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I refuse to take part in this troll's thread.

Comment REMOVED!
edit on 21-11-2012 by shelookslikeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If anyone missed a recent post of mine, i have stated that this was merely a test, a PsyOp (if you will), to see how the members of ATS responded. Indeed, 95% of you responded in a way i foresaw, the other 5% actually conducted themselves in a different manner.

Most of you failed.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

If anyone missed a recent post of mine, i have stated that this was merely a test, a PsyOp (if you will), to see how the members of ATS responded. Indeed, 95% of you responded in a way i foresaw, the other 5% actually conducted themselves in a different manner.

Most of you failed.

Is that not the definition of trolling? I am not a lab rat. You should be removed from this website.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

Most of you failed.

Is that not the definition of trolling? I am not a lab rat. You should be removed from this website.

No.

I actually provided a topic which does need discussing. I did not write the thread specifically to incite anger.

I was actually willing to hold a serious discussion with some, but considering most just cried about it, i didn't bother.

Too bad. You are a rab lat because you participated, if only for a bit.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Anyone reading this needs to report this TROLL

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

Anyone reading this needs to report this TROLL

Again, this isn't a "troll."

I do believe some of the stuff i posted.

I get it. You're angry, but that is no need to complain. A lot of members responded in inappropriate ways, simply because they were angry. This is one thing that does need to be fixed...the average member's attitude on ATS.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join