It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists

Preppers deserve to be classed as terrorists. Here is why:

1) A huge proportion of preppers are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is going to end.

2) A huge proportion of preppers maintain an (obvious) survival mentality, which is dangerous when combined with the above.

3) A huge proportion of preppers own a stockpile of weapons of both minor and major variants.

4) A huge proportion of preppers have training in all sorts of things, ranging from weapons handling to survival.

5) A huge proportion of preppers own a lot of resources, allowing them to hold off for months on end.

Combined together, the preppers can be seen to be paranoid and/or mentally challenged individuals with combat/survival training. Furthermore, most of these preppers have a large stockpile of supplies, allowing them to operate (in whatever way they choose) months at a time.

This is why they deserve to be classed as terrorists.

Your assessment of a typical "doomsday prepper" doesn't sound at all like the definition of a terrorist.

ter·ror·ist [ter-er-ist] noun

1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.

It sounds more like the activities of a responsible person relying on themselves instead of relying on someone else to sustain them in times of disasters.

Prepper (noun): An individual or group that prepares or makes preparations in advance of, or prior to, any change in normal circumstances or lifestyle without significant reliance on other persons (i.e., being self-reliant), or without substantial assistance from outside resources (govt., etc.) in order to minimize the effects of that change on their current lifestyle.

I also think YOUR opinion of a prepper being "mentally challenged" is way off and shows your ignorance. Even the U.S. gov. recommends some sort of disaster preparation to some extent. And don't forget... Governments are the BIGGEST "doomsday preppers" of all with their stockpiles of underground bunkers, food, medicine, weapons, etc.

edit on 11/19/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think I can translate what the OP is trying to say for the rest of us: you shouldn't prepare for anything because the all-knowing government who always has your best interest at heart will take care of everything, just relax and let them do all the work for you.

Now that I have that sarcasm out of the way I think I will promptly go vomit in a corner...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

1) A huge proportion of preppers are mentally challenged individuals, who think the world is going to end.

2) A huge proportion of preppers maintain an (obvious) survival mentality, which is dangerous when combined with the above.

3) A huge proportion of preppers own a stockpile of weapons of both minor and major variants.

4) A huge proportion of preppers have training in all sorts of things, ranging from weapons handling to survival.

5) A huge proportion of preppers own a lot of resources, allowing them to hold off for months on end.

Combined together, the preppers can be seen to be paranoid and/or mentally challenged individuals with combat/survival training. Furthermore, most of these preppers have a large stockpile of supplies, allowing them to operate (in whatever way they choose) months at a time.

To classify someone as a potential terrorist just because they are preparing for a catastrophy is totally redicules!
To think you had the nerve to call them paranoid when in fact you are obviously scared of those that are
trying to keep their family and loved ones safe from the very real threat that man kind is increasingly under!
The reasons you give are either absurd or assumptive and there is no evidence to prove that these individuals
are mentally challenged! With the onset of very real challenges economic, natural, ecological and other these people are just being practical because there is a very real danger of something not world ending but world changing being on the doorstep to us all at any time! If in fact anyone who knows what's really going on is not just a little paranoid, i would find it odd! If these people choose to spend large amounts of money to prepare it is their choice and as long as they don't break any laws we should not be demonizing them! I don't see you pointing any fingers at the US government for their odd preparatory schedule! Why am i not surprised!
Well maybe you are a troll!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It sounds like you hate disabled people. If the economy does crash, you going to end up starving because you are not prepared for anything or an natural disaster. Don't come running to ask them for help.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

1) wow, judge much? so people who have a different opinion from you are mentally challenged? So what is the huge proportion? 50%, 70% 90%? do you have a source for either the proportion or for the classification of any of them as mentally challenged? I mean they have been classified as terrorist and you are telling us why, must have some study to reference right?

2) So being both mentally challenged and wanting to survive makes somebody dangerous in your book? I would be more worried if a mentally challenged person had a death wish.

3) Stockpiling huh? So now it is up to you and the government to decide what amount of weapons one needs to feel safe and prepared for the future in an uncertain world.

4)So because someone has weapons and has been trained how to use them makes them suspicious and dangerous? Isn't it more suspicious for someone to own weapons and not bother being trained how to use them?

5) So terrorist are known for barricading themselves in and cutting themselves off from the outside world? I'm sure they will be very dangerous locked in their basement....

Definition of Terrorist - A person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.

Can you provide one example of a prepper who has used terrorism in pursuit of a political aim?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
A lot of them may be nutty but if they aren't breaking any laws or killing people why should they be classified as terrorists?

edit on 19-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

Fair statement.

I don't think all preppers should be classed as terrorists. This being said, there are also preppers who stock up on all sorts of crap, own big guns and are basically running their own militia. Those are the ones who should be classed as terrorists...

Some of the ones who stock up on everything and also own a stockpile of guns should be classed as potential terrorists. Simply because of the potential risk they may pose to society.

I direct you to the Bill of Rights otherwise known as Amendments to the US Constitution, and more specifically I direct you to the 2nd Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.archives.gov...

It should be noted that the term militia here does NOT refer to a STANDING army.
edit on 19-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Oh, did you guys hear about all the preppers after Sandy? No? Well duh, they were chilling, because they were already prepared

edit on Mon, 19 Nov 2012 23:24:21 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
So tell me OP. Does your government job pay well? Do you get full health and dental?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
op given your logic the same thing can be said about marklar

marklar deserve to be classed as marklar. Here is marklar:

1) A huge marklar of marklar are mentally challenged marklar, who think the marklar is going to marklar.

2) A huge marklar of marklar maintain an (obvious) marklar, which is marklar when combined with the marklar.

3) A huge marklar of marklar own a stockpile of marklar of both marklar and marklar variants.

4) A huge marklar of marklar have training in all sorts of marklar, ranging from marklar handling to marklar.

5) A huge marklar of marklar own a lot of marklar, allowing them to hold off for marklar on end.

Combined together, the marklar can be seen to be marklar and/or marklar challenged marklar with marklar/marklar training. Furthermore, most of these marklar have a large marklar of marklar, allowing them to marklar (in whatever way they choose) marklar at a time.

you make that much sense please become the owner of a dictionary not a dicktionary
edit on 20-11-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Your labeling innocent people as terrorists. That's a government tactic.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
reply to post by samlf3rd

I was in a restaurant today. At the next table was a very loud child moving amongst the patrons and bothering them for an hour.

That's a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have fed all of your information into the database, and 95% of you failed.

Congratulations

PsyOp was successful.

edit on 20-11-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Is this the specially challenged section of ATS?

Indeed

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have fed all of your information into the database, and 95% of you failed.

Congratulations

PsyOp was successful.

Ooo! Ooo! Did I pass?!

If I didn't, I will still reward myself a trophy just for the fact that I participated.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Do you have links to reports to show that people who prep for major disasters and end of the world scenarios are mostly mentally ill?

Yes, one only needs to read the responses to this thread to see the mindset and mental illnesses of preppers...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Congratulations

PsyOp was successful.

Ooo! Ooo! Did I pass?!

If I didn't, I will still reward myself a trophy just for the fact that I participated.

Yes you did. In fact, you were what...the only person who called me out on it

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Obvious troll is obvious.

Really?

I am being serious...

Preppers deserve to be classed as potential terrorists for the reasons i outlined...

really ??

then why are you laughing ??

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Congratulations

PsyOp was successful.

Ooo! Ooo! Did I pass?!

Yes you did. In fact, you were what...the only person who called me out on it

Well, you annoy me sometimes and yet amuse me at other times.

Keep up the good work. It causes this 'ol brain to churn.

I've noticed also that most people keep missing the word..."potential."

edit on 20-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Well, you annoy me sometimes and yet amuse me at other times.

A lot of people say that

Keep up the good work. It causes this 'ol brain to churn.

Oh, i will.

Got some ideas running around, on what to do next

I've noticed also that most people keep missing the word..."potential."

edit on 20-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

Indeed

Most people misinterpreted the thread entirely while you and a few others actually interpreted it pretty good...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I look forward to your shenanigans. You do a good job of pushing buttons, yet keeping it civil.

My respect to you.

Well, I just finished off my trophy so it's time to hit the hay. Have a good day.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join