It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garlic poisoning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So I definitely got Garlic poisoning.

www.relfe.com...

I even got blood work done today and my blood was very very thin.

Anyone experienced this before? Because I'm getting brain fog and would like to know how to reverse it?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Does this have anything to do with the new Twilight movie being released?

In all seriousness...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wow. Now this is interesting. Is that why they use Garlic to keep away the Vampires?? I would like to see the actual Chemistry on this though.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well, judging from the article... it is never permanent and can be cleansed with other fruits and veggies.
If, factual.. the only cure is not eating garlic.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

The next time I do something stupid, I'll just blame it on garlic!

I love garlic.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Does this have anything to do with the new Twilight movie being released?

In all seriousness...

This was my first thought too!
PS- I watched the movie tonight.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

No lol. I'm not really a Twilight fan.

But I went to the ER and stuff because I have been having health problems. Specifically feeling spaced out.

They took blood last Thursday and blood shot out onto the bed. I didn't notice it at first and thought maybe she just laid something on the bed.

Today when I went they tested for many different things. Sodium Serum level, Blood sugar, Thyroid problems. Because I woke up completely lethargic.

After reading about cleansing on curezone.com (Not trying to promote it in anyway) They stated they use garlic and someone said "It's a neurotoxin!" and so I looked it up online to find that.

The brain fog, thing blood, And I have been chewing on raw garlic for the last 3 days.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. But I can easily say I am living proof that it has caused me to think weirdly and forget things. Not be able to construct sentences properly. I also have been mixing words up.

I read more about Hepatic Encephalopathy and then read that garlic induced it.

Thus my conclusion that I got garlic poisoning. So now I'm trying to detox from it and thicken my blood back up.

Oddly I didn't get my iron levels checked at the ER.

I do have a liver problem so if that's something that someone struggles with I would not advise eating garlic.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Returning to reality for a moment, I've taken the time to search out some Garlic info for you:

Taking enteric coated (time released) garlic is not good for your intestines:

As shown in Figure 5, raw garlic juice (0.5 mL) caused significant damage to the epithelial mucosal membrane after 2 h in rats. After 24 h of exposure, ulcers, shrinkage and bleeding in the epithelial mucosa were detected. When three kinds of commercially available enteric-coated garlic preparations, i.e., Garlicin, Garlique and Garlinase 4000, were used at dosages of 133, 108 and 60.5 mg/rat, respectively, each caused severe damage to the duodenal mucosa after 2 h of exposure (Fig. 5).

Source

Note:

Oil-soluble sulfur compounds are known irritants and allergens; topically applied DAS is the most allergenic (Papageorgiou et al. 1983). Imada (1990) reported the following toxicity effects of garlic: 1) allicin is one of the major irritants in raw garlic; 2) oil-soluble sulfur compounds are more toxic than water-soluble compounds; and 3) when garlic is extracted in a certain period, its toxicity is greatly reduced.

Possible complications of long term use:

1) stomach disorders and diarrhea (Caporaso et al. 1983, Desai et al. 1990, Nakagawa et al. 1980);
2) decrease of serum protein and calcium (Miyamoto 1938, Shashikanth et al. 1986);
3) anemia (Katsunuma 1932, Kuzutani 1934, Nakagawa et al. 1980);
4) bronchial asthma (Lybarger et al. 1982, von Kirsten and Meister 1985);
5) contact dermatitis (Burden et al. 1994, Garty 1993, Lembo et al. 1991, McFadden et al. 1992, Mitchell 1980, Parish et al. 1987); and
6) inhibition of spermatogenesis (Dixit and Joshi 1982, Qian et al. 1986).

(Same source)

Cytotoxicity can be prevented by preparations either extracting the useful compounds (thereby oxidizing them) with alcohol, or cooking them:

Many adverse reactions to garlic can be attributed to an excess of oil-soluble organosulfur constituents. For example, the lipid-lowering effects of some oil-soluble sulfur compounds in hepatocytes coincide with cytotoxicity, as revealed by increased lactate dehydrogenase release from cells (Liu and Yeh 1999).

And what you have been waiting for:

Da daaan dAAAA:

The Antidote:

Antidote and Emergency Treatment

Basic treatment: Establish a patent airway. Suction if necessary. Watch for signs of respiratory insufficiency and assist ventilations if needed. Administer oxygen by nonrebreather mask at 10 to 15 L/min. Monitor for pulmonary edema and treat if necessary ... . Monitor for shock and treat if necessary ... . Anticipate seizures and treat if necessary ... . For eye contamination, flush eyes immediately with water. Irrigate each eye continuously with normal saline during transport ... . Do not use emetics. For ingestion, rinse mouth and administer 5 ml/kg up to 200 ml of water for dilution if the patient can swallow, has a strong gag reflex, and does not drool ... . Cover skin burns with dry sterile dressings after decontamination ... . /Poison A and B/

All about allyl sulfides...

In layman's terms, drink lots of water.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

I read more about Hepatic Encephalopathy and then read that garlic induced it.

Thus my conclusion that I got garlic poisoning. So now I'm trying to detox from it and thicken my blood back up.

Oddly I didn't get my iron levels checked at the ER.

I do have a liver problem so if that's something that someone struggles with I would not advise eating garlic.

From now on.. I suggest leaving the diagnoses and treatments up to the Docs young Padawan.

May the Pasta be with you.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Garlic poisoning? What? Say it ain't so! I love garlic!

Hasta la pasta.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Garlic:

Food of the gods!

Oh, and me as well...

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ha... if I stopped eating and drinking things that made me dumb, why I'd have probably been smart!

And you know that would be a world of agony for all involved... best I stick to eating garlic.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The words "Nexus Magazine" are synonymous with the words "con" and "job".

I would not trust anything that has passed through its pages and I certainly would not take medical advice from anyone associated with it.

Consider yourself forewarned.
edit on 19/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

This article is dated 1996. You couldn't find anything newer to make your point?

How often do we here things like coffee is good for you, the next day it isn't. Eggs are bad for you, then a few days later they are good for you.....

Just saying, I would see what other information is available out there about garlic that is more recent.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You know what? I couldn't care less. We eat garlic and onions every day because they make food taste awesome. There are also health advantages but that is not the reason we eat them. What a rubbish article. Because one nutjob believes that he found something out doesn't mean it is so.
What he did wasn't a proper trial. The headfog can stem from a million other things.
Imagine all the chemicals we put on ourselves every day. From skin creams and shower gels to make up. Then we breath in toxic car fumes and drink from plastic bottles that release dangerous chemicals.
The lining of our non-stick frying pans is supposed to be bad and our processed food contains more rubbish than a chemistry lab.
And some dimwit wants to tell me that GARLIC is bad?
You must so be kidding.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Garlic:

Food of the gods!

Oh, and me as well...

Peace

And me!! Been eating garlic all my life and often in large quantities. We used to have garlic toast - i bulb, yes bulb, chopped finely then cooked in butter and spread on the slice of toast. Yummy!

I don't have that so often these days, but even so I take the equivalent of 1200mg (1.2 grams) of garlic every day in capsules. I also use garlic in most things I cook, and it is nothing less than half a bulb minimum.

Go ask the Italians or the Spanish if you can get 'garlic poisoning'

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

So you mention you have a liver problem and then blame your liver failure on garlic? Your lethargy would be because of the liver problem perhaps?

Hepatic encephalopathy (also known as portosystemic encephalopathy) is the occurrence of confusion, altered level of consciousness, and coma as a result of liver failure. In the advanced stages it is called hepatic coma or coma hepaticum. It may ultimately lead to death.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

I am pretty sure the garlic did not do that to you.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I was told once you can shoot someone with garlic in hollowpoint ammo...and give them blood poisoning.

Perhaps its true?

top topics

join