It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Bank fears a 4C warming this century unless immediate action taken

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
In the UK, Income tax was introduced to pay for the Napoleonic war with France. We're still paying it.

Doesn't mean that the Napoleonic war was fake though

Just because you have a tax doesn't mean it was real. How do you know the Napoleonic wars were real? Were you there? And even if you were, how do you know that anything you sense is real? How do you know that reality is real? Do you have some inside information that the rest of us are not privy to?

I don't believe any of it anymore. It's all BS. It's actually easier to believe we are living in some kind of holographic simulation than to accept that we're so incredibly ef'd up as a species.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/19.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

"action taken" really means "unless everyone pays more taxes the globe will heat up!!!"

Technically speaking, we are still ending the last ice age.. it is entirely normal for the planet to shed all of it's ice caps during warming periods.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

Originally posted by magma
There is a conspiracy here. I believe it is all about getting revenue from taxes that are supposed to assist in this so called global warming.

Agreed, why else would the World Bank, of all people, come out with this statement. If they truly believed in a global warming crisis you would think they would fund organisations that deal with this issue specifically, and have them come out with the statement, but most of those groups will just see through these lies. I think this is just a money grab to tax the carbon credits.

Bankers are truly EXTRAORDINARY people. I mean, they can make money out of thin air, demand austerity measures from countries that cannot pay their debts to the banker brothers, and are always there to give an opinion on world policy issues.

What's even more spectacular about these bankers is that they are also climatologists on the side, and are there to help inform the world of their latest meteorological discovery: 4c warming unless immediate action is taken.

I'm sure these bankers are also so amazing that they even have created an action plan in their spare time in case this warming does come to fruition.

Yes, bankers are very amazing. I'm pretty sure that their plan to stop global warming is to tax everybody into oblivion. I'm sure that will take care of the problem. I'm wondering though, since the other planets are also warming, right along with ours, how are they going to fix that? I'm thinking that since it was warmer in the middle ages than it is now, that we should look back in time and see how the bankers fixed it back then. All hail the mighty bankers!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yea, Global warming is real,
caused by man...Chemtrails ,Weather modification
and who knows what else.
And when did the 'World Bank' become the voice of it ?

Then again, there is a lot of money in it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden
And when did the 'World Bank' become the voice of it ?

Then again, there is a lot of money in it.

Without casting blame as to why, one only needs to recognize how many major cities sit on the coastlines of the world's oceans. Rising levels will impact those cities increasingly when storms bring tidal surges onto shore.

As the years roll by and each brings the waters another few centimeters higher, the obvious result will be the Sandy experience on New York City writ around the globe. Replacing all that expensive infrastructure just on the shipping ports alone will be tremendous.

Best to hope the trend either stops or retreats. Inching port cities back from the rising tides will tax every country.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

First just to get this out there, AGW( anthropogenic global warming( Man made global warming)) is a lie, period. We have no idea the earths actual natural ambient temp, it has been much hotter and colder many times, we are simply at present in "the perfect temp" for our race, which the universe cares naught about.

Also the sun itself is what warms and cools us, at it pleasure, and at its want, not ours. Comparing co2 and global warming, is the same as saying the reason you got burned was that you were standing in a gas cloud that trapped to much heat, instead of acknowledging the fact your right next to a very large fire.

OK back to the topic I wanted to further discuss with you.

There are not any, I repeat ANY, viable replacements for petroleum. All "green" technologies are gimicks, pipe dreams, fictional constructs, at present.

If we had a single one that is even within 1/2 the efficiency of fossil fuels, we would already be using them.

Solar- not even close, they pay themselves off in around 40 years depending on the model, yet only last for around 10 to 15, so they are mone pits, not viable solutions at present.

Wind- LOL, OMG ROFL BWAHAHAHAHAHA.....they are extremely expensive to build, maintain, and they arent even fully useful all the time, as the wind does as it wants, not as we will it. Oh and they have killed more birds than thanksgiving dinner.

Hydroelectric- now we are talking.....whats that ....oh ya, we already dammed everthing worth damming, and the "greenies" want them all removed, because they harm the native species, as the waters are extremely cold at the outputs, as it comes from hundreds of feet below the reach of the suns warming rays, thus killing off man native species that cant survive in the frigid waters for miles downstream, oh and the salmon, but salmon ladders have done alot to overcome this.

Atomic- well it is ok, if you dont mind the .gov having to spend an arm and a leg to build it, then subsidies it, all the while praying our triple redundant "fail safe" systems dont fail....whats that? Oh ya, doo doo occurs, and they do somtimes, causing widespread, and very long lasting problems,

Bio fuels- ethanol, AKA white lightning, moon shine, grain liquor. It takes more energy to make than can be extracted from it, some estimates put it at almost 2 gallons of gasoline worth of energy, for 1 gallon of ethanol produced. Not of course mentioning the real kicker, every bushel of corn used for bio fuels is aother not for sale on the market, driving everyday food prices through the roof. Oh and it isnt even any better on the environment.

So I mean, I am quite learned on this subject, please enlighten me as to what technologies your refering to that arent "bunk science" or cost prohibitive. I will be all ears, and very happy to learn, though I wont be holding my breath.

Big Oil bought up the carb designs for fuel efficiency. They don't want us to be efficient or find anything that will work. All this crap we get done to us is all about control. As a side note: corn has no nutritional value. It's a filler. We have relatives in Germany. They consider corn to be pig feed. And they're not the only ones. Fuel can be made from other "plants" too. Not just corn. Gotta remember, gasoline is "distilled" too. I remember a story about a guy that made his truck run on hydrogen. Then he did it to his neighbors tractor. Word got out and THEY took all the toys away. Yeah, there's some "government" support for us. There are remedies out there. We're just not allowed to have them.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Our world is constantly evolving, from age to age there are changes. We should expect that. We should also be expected to not crap the sheets of the only home we have in the 'Verse. We are afterall caretakers of this home, not lords of this home.

The biggest losers of any plans to curb our impact on the world are really the filth rich bastages who aren't going to be as filthy rich. They've somehow conned poor folks into believing that what is good for the filthy rich is actually good for those poor folks.

FWIW maybe we should let things just run their couse, the Earth will most likley "right" itself as it has done after how many warming cycles AND that warming cycle will have most likely thinned our FAR TOO HIGH numbers. Make room for the next generation of critters to run about the planet as master.

Derek

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Now this confirms it. Global warming has been a money making tool for far too long. I really don't believe that (in our current state) man could effect warming like many claim. I do believe however for our own health that it is generally a good idea to take concern for the environment.

I may have a solution though. Given most governments around the world hold too much power anyway, illegalize smoking. Its simply bad for you, and despite the fact that I have lost my source ( I know, not great form for ATS, but the point is valid) I once read a study that said due to the carbon output of burning tobacco smoking accounts for approximately half of our so called "carbon footprint"

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

www.whale.to...

But the tide was turning with Roger Revelle. He was forced out at Harvard at 65 and returned to California and a semi retirement position at UCSD. There he had time to rethink Carbon Dioxide and the greenhouse effect. The man who had inspired Al Gore and given the UN the basic research it needed to launch its Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change was having second thoughts. In 1988 he wrote two cautionary letters to members of Congress. He wrote, "My own personal belief is that we should wait another 10 or 20 years to really be convinced that the greenhouse effect is going to be important for human beings, in both positive and negative ways." He added, "…we should be careful not to arouse too much alarm until the rate and amount of warming becomes clearer." And in 1991 Revelle teamed up with Chauncey Starr, founding director of the Electric Power Research Institute and Fred Singer, the first director of the U.S. Weather Satellite Service, to write an article for Cosmos magazine. They urged more research and begged scientists and governments not to move too fast to curb greenhouse CO2 emissions because the true impact of carbon dioxide was not at all certain, and curbing the use of fossil fuels could have a huge, negative impact on the economy, jobs, and our standard of living. Considerable controversy still surrounds the authorship of this article. However, I have discussed this collaboration with Dr. Singer and he assures me that Revelle was considerably more certain than he was at the time that carbon dioxide was not a problem. Did Roger Revelle attend the summer enclave at the Bohemian Grove in Northern California in 1990 while working on that article? Did he deliver a lakeside speech there to the assembled movers and shakers from Washington and Wall Street in which he apologized for sending the UN IPCC and Al Gore on this wild goose chase about global warming? Did he say that the key scientific conjecture of his lifetime had turned out wrong? The answer to those questions is, "Apparently.” People who were there have told me about that afternoon, but I have not located a transcript or a recording. People continue to share their memories with me on an informal basis. More evidence may be forthcoming.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Its really hard to come to terms with the idea that our planet is being destroyed by very dark hearted people .

The demon class is running riot and using all forms of modern weapons to attack mother Earth .and her inhabitants .
Its just really hard to grasp this in full as it is so very horrible that such entities are going full force ahead

Divine intervention is needed

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

World Bank fears a 4C warming this century unless immediate action taken

www.news.com.a u

THE World Bank has warned that global temperatures could rise by four degrees this century without immediate action, with potentially devastating consequences for coastal cities and the poor.
Issuing a call for action, the World Bank tied the future wealth of the planet - and especially developing regions - to immediate efforts to cut greenhouse gas emissions from sources such as energy production.
"The time is very, very short. The world has to tackle the problem of climate change more aggressively," World Bank President Jim Yong Kim said on a conference call on Sunday as he launched a r
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.galileomovement.com.au
www.freestatevoice.com.au
www.foreignpolicyjournal.com
www.youtube.com

The World Bank should create an account on ATS and start posting. They'd fit right in!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Ok so I am not a believer in this so called global warming. I have been watching the news for a long time and today here we have a headline report from the World Bank saying that there is a likely hood of +4degrees rise in global temperatures. Of course this will have a signifcant impact on the environment and one would assume drastic effects on the weather and heavily populated areas along the worlds coastlines.

However:

There is a conspiracy here. I believe it is all about getting revenue from taxes that are supposed to assist in this so called global warming.

Guess who is the instigator? Rothchilds. A couple of links for further reading attached below.

The timing of the report is interesting I believe as we end out 2012 and start on a new year with a re-elected president.

I have spoken with a lot of old people about the weather and all they say is that is is part of a pattern and global warming does not exsist.

So the conspiracy is to fleece everyone of their money in the name of " Global Warming "

www.news.com.a u
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-11-2012 by magma because: spelling
[/quote
******************************Quote***************************************
"I have spoken with a lot of old people about the weather and all they say is that is is part of a pattern and global warming does not exsist."

Some of you older folk will remember the extreme storm years of 1968 and 1979 on the US's West Coast. Roads and freeways inpassable..........in So Cal no less.
I agree, people's memories are short as far as the weather catastrophe's go, remember 'Hugo' off of North Carolina, it came inland more than 120 miles. There have been 50's and 60's, 70's and 80's with really terrific weather patterns.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Translation : Immediate action = more taxes.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
global warming, climate change or what ever they decide to call it in the next 3 years is complete hogwash.

Dust bowl back in the 30's was called by climate change right? severe drought , global warming ?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Must be true then. I mean who would doubt the integrity of a bank?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Be thankful for the Sea's bounty, for soon it will become rage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join