It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Bank fears a 4C warming this century unless immediate action taken

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Normal climate change fueled by human actions is so evident you must be a fool to not see this. However, carbon tax is a sham, it doesn't work how it is currently set up. Instead of a tax that is monetarilly useless in terms of corporate finances, we should simply invest into greener resources. Tidal, solar cells, hydro, the push for fusion, wind and eventually, a cleaner way for natural gas extraction. However, it is unlikely for us to survive to see that day as per our current thinking on climate change. We will die and its mostly due to our #ty perception of time.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well I guess the World Bank and its president are entitled to their opinons, and entitled to express their opinions in public.

And as someone who has been following the climate debate in detail for over a decade, and prefers to look at the actual science, rather than what the media etal tell us the science says, I humbly beg to say the World Bank is talking cr*p.

Notwithstandwhich, human activities most certainly are (in my science informed opinion) affecting climate and, indeed, causing an underlying warming trend. Just not nearly as much as some, who clearly don't understand what they're talking about, think.

Edit: oh, and only a complete fool would think carbon taxes will reduce carbon emissions any more than road taxes discourgae people from using cars!
edit on 19-11-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Probably setting the stage so that when they really ramp up the chemtrail activity, they will point to this as the reason -- they can say this activity is consistent with their belief that the world needs to be saved from global warming.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Can the World Bank also warn Mother Nature about the co2 emissions brought on by Volcanic activity?

Lets put the blame where it really lies and stop the political banter. Face it, some things are out of the hands of even TPTB
edit on 19-11-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The best thing we can do about global warming is to get rid of these "world banks" and their global control.
Things will cool down immediately.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good presentation here
Love the tie.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

ok i agree with the rest of you.. what the heck does the WORLD BANK care about global warming.. by the way there is a great thread about how they keep making 1880 temp data colder... to make it seem we really are heating up.. i smell rotten eggs.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
There is a conspiracy here. I believe it is all about getting revenue from taxes that are supposed to assist in this so called global warming.

Guess who is the instigator? Rothchilds.

Eh? How does that work again?

So, various governments might buy into this and raise taxes to put us off doing things like burning more fossil fuels. They will then spend this extra tax money on the stuff they usually spend it on, or more likely pay some of the national debt back. Can you tell me exactly how this benefits the Rothchilds??

Nat Rothschild is actually heavily into mining, minerals and oil. Are you seriously suggesting he is campaigning for increasing the taxes on his investments??

www.forbes.com...

Though it actually seems he's having quite some trouble with his mining enterprise:

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Stupid Banksters;

Global Warming is for Kids!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Once you allow government to add a new tax, good luck getting rid of it in the future. The only thing a carbon tax would do is make the government bigger.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Carbon tax credit 'scheme'.

A seconded analysis.

Here is movie version. Oh Boy! Knock knock knocking on Heavens door? or Ouroboros unto one's very soul?

Free Energy and it's Death Ray.....

Looking for a few good sentient beings to Do the Right things cause they're the Right things to Do for yourself, family and Neighbors. Conscience, Freewill, the usual suspects.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
In the UK, Income tax was introduced to pay for the Napoleonic war with France. We're still paying it.

Doesn't mean that the Napoleonic war was fake though

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

More here.....

Spinning a crooked record as usual.
hohum, need a drum?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Climate Change is real.
Glow-Bull-Warming is just that.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Well man I wonder where all the ice is going? I mean if there isn't any global warming, the ice shouldn't be melting right? Well it is at an alarming rate: www.scscertified.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

thanks for the link

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
World Bank Says People of the World are too Free. Yes they have decided at the world bank that they would be better off if we would all die or work as slaves to them. they are currently implementing plans in both directions just in case. Well, at least the banks will be OK so we have that going for us.

edit on 19-11-2012 by AmenStop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Who the hell is the world bank, and why the hell would any of us give a crap what they think or say? Do they only care because they will raise taxes on us because of this?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

Originally posted by magma
There is a conspiracy here. I believe it is all about getting revenue from taxes that are supposed to assist in this so called global warming.

Agreed, why else would the World Bank, of all people, come out with this statement. If they truly believed in a global warming crisis you would think they would fund organisations that deal with this issue specifically, and have them come out with the statement, but most of those groups will just see through these lies. I think this is just a money grab to tax the carbon credits.

Good to know that the World Bank has "climate scientists" on it's payroll to give it some credibility (ROFLMAO). More like economists pushing an agenda to trim the sheep further. When are we going to take this whole system down? I mean seriously, it's getting old, inbred and stupid.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

The world bank? I thought the world bank was a bank? Since when did they become experts on climate as oppose to finance?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join