It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Bank fears a 4C warming this century unless immediate action taken

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

World Bank fears a 4C warming this century unless immediate action taken

www.news.com.a u

THE World Bank has warned that global temperatures could rise by four degrees this century without immediate action, with potentially devastating consequences for coastal cities and the poor.
Issuing a call for action, the World Bank tied the future wealth of the planet - and especially developing regions - to immediate efforts to cut greenhouse gas emissions from sources such as energy production.
"The time is very, very short. The world has to tackle the problem of climate change more aggressively," World Bank President Jim Yong Kim said on a conference call on Sunday as he launched a r
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.galileomovement.com.au
www.freestatevoice.com.au
www.foreignpolicyjournal.com
www.youtube.com

Shouldn't the World Bank be worried about more pressing matters like the worldwide financial collapse

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by snarky412

Pretty interesting how they are continuously misleading the people and distorting the facts all for their agenda.

With proof of this occuring and the misrepresentaion of the figures, does not leave a warm fuzzy feeling does it.

Yeah... oh and don't forget the infamous Wikileaks that broke open more lies and manipulation within our government all for the sake of GW.

In November of 2009 thousands of controversial emails and documents were leaked from the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit, the Climate Research Unit Email Controversy, dubbed Climategate by the media. The documents revealed misconduct within the climate science community. Approximately 3000 documents from 1996 until 2009 pertaining to climate change research were exposed.

In the latest release of cables, WikiLeaks reveals how the U.S. used corrupt actions to manipulate other countries into backing Obama’s global warming plans during the controversial Copenhagen Accord.

The tactics used to overwhelm the opposition were enforced by threats and bribes. Officials were encouraged to seek ‘dirt’ on nations opposing them. A secret offensive was created to overwhelm anyone who opposed the Obama Administration.

The Wikileaks cables showed that the accuracy in science was not of interest to the U.S. government during the Copenhagen Accord.

Of course, this was in works long before Obama, probably started with Al Gore, the hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Okay, man made climate change is a theory not a lie. There is definite correlative evidence, and the lack of causation doesn't prove it false. Carbon Dioxide does have a warming effect in high quantities. Atmospheric composition does have an effect on global temperature.

Now, whether or not recent temperature spikes can be attributed completely to a rise in CO2 emission, I can't say for sure. But I think it's a pretty strong theory and regardless, emissions should be cut. It decreasles air quality and has a detrimental effect on entire ecosystems.

You'll notice in my fist post that I said I'd be reluctanct to overhaul infrastructure at the moment, for exactly the reasons you described. The tech just isn't quite there. But research and development is occurring on multiple fronts. I think it's reasonable to expect solar panels to be 10% more efficient in ten years, and another 10% by 2030. They will be more reliable and longer lasting as well.

North Carolina’s Semprius Inc. and its German backer Siemens said they have developed the world’s most efficient solar panel. The prototype converts 33.9 percent of the sunlight that hits it into electricity, according to separate press releases from the two companies. That’s more than double the most efficient conventional photovoltaic (PV) module on the market, where performance tops out at 16 percent, Forbes magazine found late last year.
link

The most sophisticated tech of today is a consumer product tomorrow. If there were 30% efficiency panels on the market the savings would come much quicker. You'd see shopping centers and communities using them because of financial incentives as well as environmental reasons.

Advancements in nanotechnology will give us much more efficient materials, in terms of conductivity and strength. The progression of technology applies to wind power generation as well.

We're really only now beginning to get seriously involved with bio engineering. I'm more optimistic about wind and solar, but biofuels rising as the lead alternative wouldn't really surprise me. I'm not talking ethanol, more like microbes that can be engineered to produce clean burning fuel. This is being researched now, and it's possible that some tinkering with the genes of a bacterium will provide the world with a healthy supply of clean energy.

And of course, there are holy grail energy techs like low temp superconducters, fusion, etc.

You seem to be making the mistake of assuming our technology will stop progressing. My bet is within ten years we'll have the means to set up a grid that does not pollute the air, and leaves no question to the greenhouse gas issue.

edit on 11/19/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: left a word out

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Very well stated and thought out points, I will concede on most, as they were perfectly points you made, and honestly, it is truly all conjecture as the "proof" still waits to be found, if it "is" actually there at all.

On the point about our tech not advancing, well thats an entire thread in and of itself, however here is my take in a nut shell.

We advanced at a truly remarkable rate, from around the mid 1800s through the 1950s. Since then, right when we were on the cusp of some absolutely amazing things, we just hit a wall and havent really advanced much at all since the mid 50s.

Just for example, the SR-71 Blackbird, by far, the most capable and advanced airframe ever designed and built by man( black projects dont count, as they are not public knowledge). Yet it is now approaching 70 years old??!!!

They will honestly say with a straight face that we still at present use the exact same treatments for cancer we did in the 50s, despite hundreds of billions or even a trillion plus now in research, really?????

We landed on the moon 50 somthing years ago, yet havent left the LEO region since, seriously????

I could go on, but it is irrational, you see my meaning, and it is all entirely way off this topic.

BTW I starred you, which is a first for me,( as far as starring AGW believers goes) as your the first AGW believer that I have ever encountered that employs both logic and reason, and is willing to at least admit, "the science is settled" argument doesnt really mean it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It's UN Agenda 21 and their program of controlling the world's resources with their little buzzwords like "sustainability". The Bilderbergs want a Global Tax whatever they have to do to get it. Nevermind it's fabricated.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I am always skeptical of when anyone or group comes out and says "there is a major problem that could devastate the planet, now give us all your money and it will save the Earth". Then, these same scumbags have the nerve to tell us we need to tax cow farts to combat global climate change. I mean, it should be pretty clear what these people think of us and they think we are bleeping idiots. The answer is right in front of our face of how obvious the scam is.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
And... why are they making a fuss over this?

It's one thing for states to separate, but freaking out over a couple of degrees? Come on! Are they seriously that brain-dead?

First of all, they treat the Earth like it's a dead thing. WRONG! It's alive and on a 24-7 shift to maintain itself.

Second, the economy. What economy? There is no economy. I don't know what color it is, I don't know how it feels, I don't know what it tastes like, it's just an idea. And it's a very sick idea.

and last, the whole global warming thing is nothing more than a giant hoax, along with sunscreen and AIDS. Cancer is a big profiteering act that everyone goes along with, and there are a whole bunch of other stuff that is equally deadly.

The cure for all of this junk is all around us, just opening an eye, a ear or even a nostril is hard enough as it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Lol, so that explains why they were caught cooking the books just a day before this.

Agenda 21 is the name of the game.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Why is mars getting global warming? All those martian factories making cheap iphones and crap? I think my car has a sticker on it that says "final assembly point Ulsan, New Korea, Mars". Damn martian crap never lasts

Why is the world bank spending money on this? Hmm? Very suspect.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
I am always skeptical of when anyone or group comes out and says "there is a major problem that could devastate the planet, now give us all your money and it will save the Earth". Then, these same scumbags have the nerve to tell us we need to tax cow farts to combat global climate change. I mean, it should be pretty clear what these people think of us and they think we are bleeping idiots. The answer is right in front of our face of how obvious the scam is.

I think it doesn't matter much if it's global warming, or the financial crisis, or another big problem since they just don't got any real sollutions, and the only sullution they know is raising taxes basicly.
Which kinda says, that people (in power) only see money as the sollution and problem.

You see, how much you can do when you are very wealthy? You could basicly do anything you wish/want, without almost nothing.. so the only sollution we have in this world of today; money. Odd?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

What caused the sea ice to start melting 12,000 years ago then?

Cause It sure as hell wasn't my can of deodorant!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Sorry to ruin your rant. But.

Geothermal.

Also the evidence that global warming is happening is absolutely overwhelming. All the money raised by the taxes are used to fund companies like Plastics Europe who work to reduce CO2 emmissions and landfill, not into some mysterious government black hole.

While the concept that there is no manmade impact is totally unfounded, even if there was no impact you cannot dispute that we are going to run out of uranium in 40 years, out of gas in 200, out of oil in 100, out of phosphorus (which we absolutely need for current levels of farming) in 30 years and more. Air pollution is at an all time high and causing asthma, cancer and more in people of all ages in alarmingly high and ever increasing numbers. So even if there is no manmade impact on global warming these changes and green alternatives still absolutely HAVE to happen or we will not see it to the end of the next century as any sort of civilization.
edit on 19-11-2012 by sajuek because: Extra bits.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Wow, we should all probably start paying more taxes then, right World Bank? That'll surely stop it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Perhaps the banks should stick with gouging money from Mums and Dads at every opportunity and leave science to scientists.

The mere fact that the World Bank pays money for these reports indicates to me that clearly global warming is just another way to sap money from struggling families.

Every 'scientific paper' that confirms global warming that I have seen leaves out of consideration that great big furnace in the sky. The primary heating source for the planet is the sun. You can't just leave it out of the calculations.

We are heading for another ice age. Governments will not divulge when that is likely to occur. We will never be told.

Banks are only in it for the money. Their involvement only strengthens the skeptics case.
They are evil incarnate.

P

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lasvegasteddy
how long ago was the ice-age of this rock we dwell on anyways
is it within mans realm to control the ambient temp of this planet like he tries with everything else
if the planet was cooling...could we divert this too?

More recently than people think. The last 'little ice age' proper ran between the 1600s and 1800s. It made many alpine regions uninhabitable due to the expanding of glacial areas and hit populations across Northern Europe fairly hard. Whilst not an ice age proper, a similar event would be genuinely devastating with current population levels and related need for fuel and food.

I think the 'is it our fault, if not, who cares?' argument pretty idiotic (not saying you're saying this) as knock-on effects of climate change are pretty disastrous whether it's 'natural' or not. Factor in the finite nature of many of our resources and not looking to adapt in a serious way is tantamount to cutting our own throats.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
global warming is real. it's natural, not man made. they know that they're running out of time. Gaia's about to take the reigns back.

they just want to cash in on as much profit as they can while they can. they want everyone to freak out about global warming, allow themselves to get shanghaied into all kinds of financial pitfalls. the human race will be sooo broken by the time Gaia really shows her feathers that it will be hard for most to survive.

the ocean currents are changing. the earth is what...80% water? so, if 80% of the world starts to change, i'm PRETTY sure the other 20% will kinda have to follow.

they want to combat these earth changes as much as possible. they know that once Gaia starts kickin, they're gonna lose control.

hope everybody's strapped in!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
global warming is a fraud. The world banker would cheat there own mothers to make an extra buck.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My take on this is very drastic,
step one: NO more Consumerism/capitalism (make things that will last, only replace them when absolutely necessary)
Step Two: spayed and nuder this generation of kids for the next X years.
Step three: stop giving help to countries that need it, let the weak die, and the strong live (extremely harsh, I know. Let natural selection take over again)
Step Four: start sharing more.
Step Five: if they don't like it blow them up.

Don't judge me for what I just said. Something needs to be done, though.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparky8580

Step three: stop giving help to countries that need it, let the weak die, and the strong live (extremely harsh, I know. Let natural selection take over again)
Step Four: start sharing more.

No contradiction there at all?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

He, he, the only thing that the scam call world bank is after is the tax that US could be hit if Obama pursue his green agenda and the plans to tax Americans for everything that could endanger the world, but is nothing but a scam

Kill the cattle ranchers with taxing cows emissions does that sounds familiar?

edit on 19-11-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join