What the next 4 years are going to look like

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hello Neo,

Regulation is nothing but wealth destruction,job destruction, and totalitarianism

I have a couple of questions for you regarding your words (quoted above) - and this is something dear to my heart.

At what point are regulations not evil? For example, lets say a corporation is dumping huge amounts of toxins into the environment. People in the area are getting high rates of cancer from it, which not only is tragic for their families, but because it is in a poor area and these people are largely on Medicaid, it becomes a further burden on the medical/Medicaid system that taxpayers are shelling out for, is regulating this a bad thing because it will cost the company money and "kill jobs"?

Or what if our children are being born with defects, or severe developmental disabilities, or high rates of asthma, etc. - and it comes down to the toxins in our environment - is it then okay to say "sorry, Corp X, Y, & Z, you have to stop doing that"? See, from what I'm sitting, we are already there, and have been for a long time.

I don't think you "hate" kids with disabilities or people with cancer, or poor people, who are disproportionally effected by corporate sludge. I don't think you are a monster. I think that connecting the dots between corporate irresponsibility and the increase in the Medicaid/Emergency Room (pre-Obamacare) burden placed on the taxpayer, would be something a conservative mind-set would want to correct for, even at the expense of shareholder profits. Not to mention individual families who are powerless against huge corporations with their phalanxes of lawyers, and can't "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" while dealing with toxic-induced cancer or 24/7/365 caregiving of family members, and who are, ultimately, one of us - We The People. I think conservatives generally agree that laws can sometimes protect citizens, and are not just to create a totalitarian state, or to "kill jobs."

Here are a couple of sources for what I'm talking about. Georgia-Pacific being one real-life example.
Georgial-Pacific / toxic dumping & cancer

Here are the "canary in the coal mine" statistics for the increase of issues with our children. With autism, for example, it is now generally known that both genetic and environmental factors play a role. The debate rages on as to the environmental specifics, but industrial pollution is definitely a Prime Suspect. The problem is there are so many toxins, and in combinations we've never considered or studied, that this is a Herculean task.
And this just scratches the surface, barely. I didn't even get into the other childhood issues I mentioned. Granted, this hasn't been "proven" yet - but it is definitely on the table in a serious way.

CDC - Increase in Developmental Disabilities

So, my two questions:

At what point are regulations not evil, and IF, and this one is still a bit hypothetical, IF it is determined scientifically that these childhood illnesses, birth defects, etc. are being caused by corporate industrial waste, how would you choose to deal with that?

peace,
AB

edit on 19-11-2012 by AboveBoard because: typo...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Are you willing to to compromise and do what's best for all - even if that means having to accept some things that don't exactly match up with your personal views?

I'm willing to find the middle ground to do what's best for everyone, the wealthy and corporations included.
~Heff

The 'middle ground' is 1 foot in beloved Freedom & 1 foot in despotic collectivism.
Finding the 'middle ground', compromising, etc is the reason America is where it is today.

What's needed is a Great American Restoration to ERASE 236 years of "compromise".

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Where is your link? Are we to depend on your opinion alone as to what the next 4 years are going to bring or is there some little bit of anything like a link or more to back up these claims? Are you simply whining to get others to be brought down to your level. Seriously I am curious neo...where is this all coming from? Inside your head? Would you mind posting something - anything to verify or support any one of these many outrageous and fanciful claims?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mal1970

Originally posted by Hefficide
Are you willing to to compromise and do what's best for all - even if that means having to accept some things that don't exactly match up with your personal views?

I'm willing to find the middle ground to do what's best for everyone, the wealthy and corporations included.
~Heff

The 'middle ground' is 1 foot in beloved Freedom & 1 foot in despotic collectivism.
Finding the 'middle ground', compromising, etc is the reason America is where it is today.

What's needed is a Great American Restoration to ERASE 236 years of "compromise".

I am afraid you are right.

We will do much more good with an eraser than we ever will with a pen.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by neo96
What the next 4 years are going to look like in a nutshell is exactly what the last 4 years have looked like

4 more years of being told I hate poor people
4 more years of being told I hate women
4 more years of being told I hate African Americans
4 more years of being told I hate Hispanics
4 more years of being told I hate Gays
4 more years of being told I hate the middle class
4 more years of being told how evil corporations are
4 more years of being told how evil banks are
4 more years of the mass media ignoring everything inherently wrong with the current administration
4 more years of how the GOP is obstructionist.
4 more years of tax the rich
4 more years of the liberal superiority complex from a party that claims everyone is "equal"
4 more years of "like how totally awesome Obama and the Democrats are".
4 more years of Blame Bush which makes Bush the longest serving Potus in US history.

4 more years of truth.

Are you enjoying your sour grapes? Need some spilled milk to go along with it? How about a nice vintage glass of whine? Here, have a waaburger and cries. You come across like a sore looser and especially come across as a drama queen.

edit on 19-11-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

No, he comes across as accurate and factual! Can you refute anything he posted? The historical data demonstrates that this is EXACTLY what is in store for anyone who has a differing opinion than the Democrats! Instead on engaging in thoughtful debate, the pointless ad hominems get bantied about.

Let's talk about your "Truth" for a moment....

We have a president who has promised unparalleled transparency. Here is what we have received instead:

- ALL of Obama's records remain under guarded lock and key.
- Obama's appointed head of the EPA is using fake email accounts to avoid FOIA review of EPA policies and practices.
- We still know nothing about the gunning walking program, "Fast n Furious", because Obama has elected to hide everything behind Executive Privilege.
- Benghazi remains a total mystery but evidence doesn't just suggest, it reeks, that the Administration is lying and obstructing a federal investigation.
- His lies about lobbyists not being a part of the Administration and now he employs more than any other president.
- His use of "Signing statements", which he excoriated Bush over, to change laws he doesn't like
- His use of Executive Orders to create laws and regulations that he wants but no Congress would ever pass.
- His continued disregard for the Constitution, the rights of states and the rights of citizens.
- Selective law enforcement by the Attorney General's office that disregards enforcing laws and legislation that run counter to this Administration's agenda.
- While he was a Senator and while campaigning, he labeled as "Irresponsible" and "Unpatriotic" increasing the debt limit while overseeing a.) the largest deficit spending in Presidential history - more than all others combined, b.) a reduction in our credit rating and c.) NO BUDGET for the past 3 years!
- A stealth increase in Americans on social welfare programs; a 50% increase in Americans on food stamps, a 30%+ increase on the number of Americans on welfare and over a 100% increase on Americans collecting disability! While simultaneously reducing restrictions and requirements for those taking these benefits.
- The requirement to buy a product or be penalized in direct violation of the Constitution. Which, by the way, was touted to drive insurance costs down while they continue to spiral ever higher!
- De facto Amnesty through selective enforcement of INS laws without Congressional approval.
- Continued negligence on restructuring organizations that are "Too big to fail" or even reigning in Wall Street and the banks.
- A clandestine desire to raise energy costs on fossil fuels to force a "green" economy on a country that can barely afford to sustain itself on a semi-affordable fossil-fuel economy.
- A foreign policy that continues to destabilize an already volatile Middle East.
- A wanton disregard for our allies and a need to balance our goals with theirs.

I could continue for pages, but hopefully you get the point. And you want to make the RIDICULOUS claim that we are going to experience 4 more years of "Truth"??? Are you out of your mind???

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The next four years will see the end of the US.

The US that those guys on Mt. Rushmore built and envisioned is dead.

Turn out the lights when the last person leaves but the the dew is off the lilly. The house is still standing but when you walk in the door you realize it's moldy, vermin infested and about to collapse from within.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by neo96

Hmmm and what political party created income taxes?????

www.infoplease.com...

The Democrat passed 1894 income tax was found unconstitutional in 1895 as a direct tax. The Democrat passed income tax of 1913 was enabled during Woodrow Wilson (D) presidency by amendment to constitution, always been questions about the ratification process however.

Earlier temporary income taxes were wartime, Revolutionary and Civil War, repealed once debt was paid and obviously were for that specific purpose.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I'd like to see it crash and burn. We always need a cycle of destruction for rebirth. Hopefully can be done right this time.

I agree. I say burn it down. It's FUBAR

But that's not going to happen anytime soon. What I see for the future.

More of the same we've been seeing for the last 20 years or so. 16 trillion debt, will turn into 30 trillion. Taxes will go up, but spending will never go down. At least not enough.

How will it burn down you say? Probably a huge war, and then it will start all over, but from scratch.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The bitterness of your post OP is readily apparent.

The question is -why- are people going to paint you in such a negative light?

Is it all true?

If its not true why do you even care, because if its not true you should not care at all.

If it is true then it is up to you to decide how you will deal with the truth.

In either case it all comes down to you.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
*** What the next 4 years are going to look like ***

There's really nothing more than SPECULATION on this subject.....

And these are all speculation on my part, but there is a large amount of observation involved, observation of past events and changes that have influenced the United Stated, foreign and domestic.

California will likely Fail, dragging with it Nevada. The Population of Texas will have a dramtic increase in population of west coasters move in.

The first year of the implementation of Obamacare will be chaos..... with No solutions in sight.

I wouldn't be surprised an attempt on Obama's life isn't made.

Iran's nuclear abilities will come to fruition.

Bayu Corne Louisiana's sinkhole well present a GRAVE danger to the Gulf Coast, maybe even explode. Followed by a proliferation of New Madrid earthquakes.

Lindsey Lohan will likely kill herself or someone else, and that will be her demise.

More severe storms will land on US soil, East and West coast.
Gas will fluctuate up and down.

There Will be fights for REAL secession from the US by some states.

Putin will affect the US's middle East policies.

A likely hood of Muslim attack Stateside and the implementation and sliding in of marshal law in limited areas.

Real effects of Fukushima felt on the West coast.

The Mexican drug cartels will be established US nationwide with profits in the multi-billions.

Citizens of the US will look for a Champion for the next election, someone not corrupt, at least that will be the sentiment. None will be found.

Obama will pretty much be a 'Lame Duck'

China's monetary woes will affect the US and bring Russia into the forefront of Power again, followed by India's emergence. Israel will take out areas of Iran, Saudia Arabia will side with Israel, Syria will self destruct, western Europe will decline into abject poverty. Great Britain will be the center of any fight against the incursion of Islam into western Europe. Canada will divide. ......but wait, were supposed to all 'something something' on 12-21-12 ??

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What the next 4 years are going to look like in a nutshell is exactly what the last 4 years have looked like

4 more years of the mass media ignoring everything inherently wrong with the current administration
4 more years of the liberal superiority complex from a party that claims everyone is "equal"
4 more years of Blame Bush which makes Bush the longest serving Potus in US history.

The United states of ignorance is what the country is
The united states of dysfunction is also what this country is.

Blah blah Blah

In the immortal words of Benjamin Franklin:

We are all born ignorant, but one really must work hard to remain stupid.
edit on 18-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I don't know you personally...but let me ask...is there any truth to any of those things people call you and say about you? If you hear it frequently, might there not be some truth in it somewhere? Might it not be wise to re-evaluate your stance on certain issues?

Just sayin'. I don't ever have that problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Your post reads like a tantric poem. Have you ever studied the Tantric arts? You would know then that such platitudes are a physical release from seeing things as they really are.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So i have to agree with ben franklin. Yet the usa has been owned by the banks since bens lifetime. It has taken a couple hundred years to get us to the point we are now. Most of the money spent on the military is to keep the war machine going and the wars waged to keep the economy from collapsing. The poor are often born into poverty. The value of the dollar goes down more by the day which makes the cost of living to go up. Yes it is going to be more of the same old situation. Nothing changes overnight. The truth of the matter is we have been fooled by the masters of the system. The illusion is we actually think we have a say in the whole ordeal.
edit on 19-11-2012 by aztlan73 because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Both parties have changed dramatically just in the last 30 years or so. To compare either group to the parties with the same names that existed 100+ years ago is rather fallacious don't you think?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The United states of ignorance is what the country is
The united states of dysfunction is also what this country is.

Blah blah Blah

In the immortal words of Benjamin Franklin:

We are all born ignorant, but one really must work hard to remain stupid.
edit on 18-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

You forgot one; 4 more years of me bitching about it. Your way of thinking is what got us here.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by neo96

I'm no Obama supporter but I definitely consider Big Banks and Big Corporations as evil. Money is the root of all evil and who loves $$ more than those two?

Money is not the root of all evil. The “love of money” is the root of all evil..

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by Aisling

Thank you, Aisling. This is the same for me. I could predict the entire Bush Presidency from the point he was elected. I am glad you have found peace.

I am sure in the end, everything will be figured out for the best. I am not so sure about the intermediate time period.

On second thought, that's a lie. Prepare for disaster but always remember that it will not last, even if there seems to be no hope.
edit on 19-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

I knew about Bush too. I was not even twenty, yet I had him pegged as a big
Money war monger after hearing him stump.

We should NEVER trust politicians who have never been poor or financially
Challenged. All they understand is how to make the world better for the wealthy

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hey bubb, it you’re trying to express logic to a lot of the liberal folk here, I wouldn’t even waste your time. You will be getting nowhere real fast.

But if you are truly determined to try to pound some understanding into a liberal's head, then, the only apparent means at this point is to go to all the tedious trouble of finding some so-called "objective data" – only with these credentials attached does the carefully shuttered liberal mind allow new ideas to enter. This may seem like reinventing the wheel, as obviously the authority you cited earlier has already done the research, found the facts, and evaluated them using the full benefit of his experience and education, in a manner that is obviously far superior to any analysis or understanding by unqualified individuals; it is simply an unfortunate and unpleasant fact of the liberal mentality that he needs the crutch of believing that the truth you are trying to convey has been somehow anointed by having so-called "supporting evidence" attached to it. Without this ritual of purification, he simply won't listen. It doesn't matter if you are quoting the President himself; he has an obsessive need to question, and – like a dog which must circle three times before lying down – he cannot rest until that obsession has been satisfied.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Articulate and factual?

It nothing but a whine festival based on speculation.

When this economy picks up inertia you guys are gonna be
Assed out.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

At what point are regulations not evil? For example, lets say a corporation is dumping huge amounts of toxins into the environment.

Regulations are not all the same first off environmental regulations are created and written by the EPA themselves, there is no congressional oversight.

Considering people have not been paying attention they are currently being regulated out of existence that has been bad for their health.

Apparently some people love regulation which is the anti thesis of free market principles as if anyone is ever going to stop regulation.

So you and others have nothing to worry about

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join