What the next 4 years are going to look like

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Sanders audited the fed then why was Ron Paul screaming to audit the fed?

Curious how does Sanders get an "audit" but not Paul?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Those charts do not take into account all forms of taxation - only FICA. There is an entire litany of other taxes that the poor pay into. Sales tax, ad valorem taxes, property taxes, state taxes, etc.

Oh!

Heff!

Come on now all those evil rich are paying those other taxes as well but no one seems to care and this is about the raising income taxation.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by neo96

So we agree that lower taxes do not promote economic growth and employment?
edit on 11/19/2012 by muse7 because: typo

Yeah meaning cutting taxes for the middle class do not promote economic growth as they and the poor are the largest users of federal revenue.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Here are some more!

Mods, forgive me for quoting such a large post, but I'm still getting used to things.In regards to Neo's post, get real. You think some trumped up, fabricated graphs and bars are going to influence REAL critical thinkers? Think again. Who the hell is supposed to believe those fake-assed stats and polls? Deny the I.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Fake eh?

Saying their fake does not "disprove" them

and just don't bother reading where there from or those web addresses that are clearly seen in them.
edit on 19-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
ANYONE in Congress, that doesn't recognize that this country is Polarized, shouldn't be there.
That being said, The American Public should not be held hostage by BOTH Parties. Clearly the public is divided on many things, but one thing we all know is, that NOBODY likes paying taxes.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Fake eh?

Saying their fake does not "disprove" them

and just don't bother reading where there from or those web addresses that are clearly seen in them.
And you can't PROVE them. How many polls were asked that got YOUR PERSONAL opinion? Like I said, FABRICATED. No offense, but you're not as in the ''know'' as you'd like to believe you are.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

The web address are there for anyone to see

Type them in the address bar that is all they have to do.

And

There is that infamous superiority complex on display

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The web address are there for anyone to see

Type them in the address bar that is all they have to do.
I couldn't give any less of a damn than I do now about some bogus-assed, FABRICATED numbers, on some FABRICATED-ASSED website with no real numbers. Try again. Judging by damn near everything that you post, you're on a mission with an agenda. And though it may not matter to many, that weird assed avvy is not helping your cause.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Stop wasting my time please.

Are Entitlements Corrupting Us? Yes, American Character Is at Stake

The American republic has endured for well over two centuries, but over the past 50 years, the apparatus of American governance has undergone a radical transformation. In some basic respects—its scale, its preoccupations, even many of its purposes—the U.S. government today would be scarcely recognizable to Franklin D. Roosevelt, much less to Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Jefferson.

What?

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

online.wsj.com...

Guess it is just easier to go around crying fake this fake that nothing to see here folks move right along.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Wolf321

Damn glad you brought up the civil war considering before it the Us had no income tax that was created to pay down debt in the first place.

The only thing income tax does today is pay for social engineering programs that do nothing but create debt.

Funny thing...

Three generations of my family went to college thanks to social engineering.

We have many homes in the family that are thanks to social engineering.

The women in society can have some time off to give birth to children thanks to social engineering.

I can eat with my black friends at our favorite restaurant thanks to social engineering.

You have got to be one of the smallest human beings I have ever come across, I feel sorry
for you.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

Funny thing is

Millions of Americans who came before the " I want it all,I want it now, and they don't give a crap how crowd" came along.

Put themselves through school(like I did) bought their own home(like I did) they also reared a child and then went right back to work.

What makes people of today think they are just so damn better than our ancestors?

Yeah I agree there are some "small people" around here.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

I think most people would agree that social engineering to some degree is not only a good thing but an absolutely essential thing to running a society. People need to have some guidance and boundaries set out by government and it's been that way since well before Christ was a kid learning to walk. It's very true that social engineering also has contributed to many college educated people of minority backgrounds and home ownership numbers for awhile there before the crash that just hit the stratosphere.

I think the problem has been watching it taken to an absurd extreme beyond what is logical. College has become such an automatic right to enter, regardless of academic ability or proven capability to handle what comes with it that it's just as often a road to financial ruin as it is any assistance. All in the name of "Equal Opportunity" where they can't even tell a person they aren't any good anymore without fear of being sued. Better to pass someone through with debt in the 10's of thousands with no degree or one that isn't worth much. The Gov't owns most of that debt now too.

Home ownership went from extremely difficult to fair and equal to totally absurd and again by way of a program started long ago and with the best intentions. It even worked well until greed happened and infected right into where oversight is supposed to live. No oversight has given us upside down and imploded markets and foreclosure signs or empty homes all over .....while homeless are higher than ever too. That whole concept sure had unintended consequences.

Social Engineering is necessary but so is keeping it within reasonable oversight and limits. It seems neither side wants to give an inch between ALL or NOTHING while the nation moves toward a financial collapse which makes that choice for us. Nothing it will be..for about 80% of us by that point. Almost like Hostess here recently.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It seems neither side wants to give an inch between ALL or NOTHING while the nation moves toward a financial collapse which makes that choice for us. Nothing it will be..for about 80% of us by that point. Almost like Hostess here recently.

Well said.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Thepump

Funny thing is

Millions of Americans who came before the " I want it all,I want it now, and they don't give a crap how crowd" came along.

Put themselves through school(like I did) bought their own home(like I did) they also reared a child and then went right back to work.

What makes people of today think they are just so damn better than our ancestors?

YOU are SOOOOO cool

You mean you paid for your education, like everyone else?

And you have a mortgage

I am shocked

Our ancestors used to burn people in bon fires and keep other people in chains.

What makes some people think our ancestors were so much better than us?

If I do recall, Thomas Jefferson was so hard working, he had over 200 people working for him for
free!

edit on 19-11-2012 by Thepump because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

reply to post by Thepump

Funny thing is

YOU are SOOOOO cool

You mean you paid for your education, like everyone else?

And you have a mortgage

I am shocked

Our ancestors used to burn people in bon fires and keep other people in chains.

What makes some people think our ancestors were so much better than us?

If I do recall, Thomas Jefferson was so hard working, he had over 200 people working for him for
free!

edit on 19-11-2012 by Thepump because: (no reason given)
SOMEONE give this man a CIGAR!
edit on 19-11-2012 by poloblack because: Hit the wrong key.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

Yep the world is the same as it ever was considering all the people who are trying to burn the rich and keep them in chains to service the majority as slaves.

Guess they are just so damn cool.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Thepump

I think the problem has been watching it taken to an absurd extreme beyond what is logical. College has become such an automatic right to enter, regardless of academic ability or proven capability to handle what comes with it that it's just as often a road to financial ruin as it is any assistance. All in the name of "Equal Opportunity" where they can't even tell a person they aren't any good anymore without fear of being sued. Better to pass someone through with debt in the 10's of thousands with no degree or one that isn't worth much. The Gov't owns most of that debt now too.

Home ownership went from extremely difficult to fair and equal to totally absurd and again by way of a program started long ago and with the best intentions. It even worked well until greed happened and infected right into where oversight is supposed to live. No oversight has given us upside down and imploded markets and foreclosure signs or empty homes all over .....while homeless are higher than ever too. That whole concept sure had unintended consequences.

Social Engineering is necessary but so is keeping it within reasonable oversight and limits. It seems neither side wants to give an inch between ALL or NOTHING while the nation moves toward a financial collapse which makes that choice for us. Nothing it will be..for about 80% of us by that point. Almost like Hostess here recently.

Sure extremes are bad, but then again look at the OP and his constant posse of cheerleaders.

You wanna talk extreme to me?

Sounds like you and I are closer than you an OP, yet something inside you identifies with that
extreme posturing and rhetoric that is about as realistic as Donald Duck.

As far as specifics.

Banks have been recently cut out as the middle men in the student loan process, making it
more affordable for the borrowers. Being that education is intrinsically linked to the wealth
of a nation, how is that extreme? Please explain?

Government holds the debt, well if it is 50% less debt, do you think the borrowers are gonna care?
They are the most often paid back kind of loan in this country.

Home ownership was doing fine for over 25 years - now you are getting amnesia and trying to
score an extremely phony point.

The nature of loans has always been the same for over 30 years, if all those who qualified for the
loans failed to pay for their mortgages, they would lose their deposit and forfeit the property.

You completely ignore that that process worked fine (like it has for eons) until conservative,
free marketeers allow wall street to insure and sell the risk at a breakneck pace.

If you want to get into a real discussion about the melt down, I will be glad to. I participated
it and sold garbage, until the day I realized it was a scheme created by the government to bilk
the nation.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

Banks have been recently cut out as the middle men in the student loan process, making it more affordable for the borrowers. Being that education is intrinsically linked to the wealth of a nation, how is that extreme? Please explain?

Student loan debt is at 1 trillion dollars since cutting out the middle men to now where a student fails to pay for said loan the SS benefits get garnished.

Rather extreme isn't it?

Home ownership was doing fine for over 25 years - now you are getting amnesia and trying to score an extremely phony point.

Owned by Fanny and Freddy that hold over 6 trillion dollars 95% of all mortgages are backed by Fanny and Freddy

How about that monopoly eh?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Thepump

Yep the world is the same as it ever was considering all the people who are trying to burn the rich and keep them in chains to service the majority as slaves.

Guess they are just so damn cool.

Stop being a drama queen Neo, I bet you don't wear high heels and mascara, it is unbecoming.

Please show me a link of burning rich men?

And you stating that the ELITES are slaves is pretty stupid Neo, the Elites are the ones
enslaving humanity.

You are the slave, who does their work for free here with your half cocked concepts.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join