It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the next 4 years are going to look like

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think about this all the time...how in the hell are we so far from what's in the best interest of the American public? And I'm not talking about America's interests on a global scale, but the average person; you and me. Government is so big today that we're running head-on into critical mass! As a nation I have never felt we have failed as deleteriously as we have today, or say the last fifty years.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I was glad to see Iceland pull that off. Unfortunately, our size as a nation, the scale of our problem, and the diversity of the country make the idea of the same occurring here in the USA an impossibility. If the country were to break apart into regional governments, then there might be a chance for working something out. To remain as a whole, indivisible nation means we will all have to sink together.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

Well that explains it thanks for reminding me all about the red and blue pills:

Hollywood playing politics.

That clip explains American politics to a T.
edit on 18-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

We need industry to take the lead in bringing back quality jobs to our shores. Yes, they might pay a premium here, as compared to the third world, for labor - but the benefits of that expense are worth it. These mega corporations became mega corporations due to their American labor force - not to the third world operations they now utilize.

Greed has to be mitigated to a degree if we are to survive as a nation and as a people.

Once that happens? Then social services will be much less in demand and we can move towards altering them down to a rational level as well.

~Heff

Heff, theres much to agree on above, its luadable and sensible to connect a return of industrial and manufacturing jobs with decreases in federal assistance and social programs. Makes sense.

Its the how do we get there part thats the biggest issue for me as I see the current administration doing what I consider the exact opposite of what must be done to promote those jobs coming back.

1. Taxing corporations more sounds good to the poor and undereducated from a purely envious point of view promoted by class separation - its an easy target. The effect is to drive corporations offshore where better tax climates exist. Whats hardly ever said by those promoting higher taxation is the fact that this country already has one of if not the highest rates in the world.

2. Taxing individuals at higher rates does change behavior, just not in the way some wish which is to remain productive little tax slaves for the downtroddens needs, they will produce less, offshore more and tax dodge to every loophole found - its legal and its human nature when its felt confiscatory. Always remember no matter how taxes have been juggled in the past at rates as high as 70% the government on average only took in 17.5% GDP. The other point on personal taxation is to look at migration of corporations and individuals to states having low or no income taxes, while states with high rates see out-migration - are these people greedy? selfish? or just trying to do the best they can within a rigged system? With this administations policies I predict this will become much more prevalent on an international scale rather than just a state to state migration of talent, productivity and investment.

3. Last month over 6000 new federal regulations were published into law - in a month! A few may be worthy, many protect or entrench certain lobbying groups and those they represent, most are absolute garbage. All serve to make it harder and harder to do business in this country and grow jobs.

4. Social policy belonging in the political spectrum blanketed upon the workplace sounds good on paper but in practice has stymied the promotion and merit of entire classes of workers making what I call the 'slothful" class of workers who do just enough to get by and scream bloody murder to HR if challenged on work habits and attitude in any shape, form or manner. I too was brought up and worked when all were expected and believed to be able to get ahead via hard work and agree its not like that anymore, we disagree on reason why. Bad actors should be socially ostracised and decredited in the marketplace, tying businesses hand behind their backs is not going to make jobs, now the administration is floating idea of fines for businesses thought to have discriminatory policy through advertising or other percieved actions - business will run from the absolute uncertainty of a legal climate like this.

5. Unions elected this administration via lots of money and lots of votes. Hostess was invested in by a large Obama supporter and a Dem Senator was involved so claims of conservative union busting no longer apply. Wages do need to be livable in this country I agree - just not to the extent of killing the company. You spoke of working in a cooperative enviroment where you were rewarded for you're hard work and I'm assuming the companies involved had an active interested employee in return, now its dog eat dog, Employees are slugs who for the most part spend more time figuring out how to scam management rater than how to do a better job. I say this not because its an esoteric thought but its coming from observing with my own eyes. The truly productive worker is carring the weight of many non-productive workers whom management can do nothing about for fear of appearing discrimantory. The productive worker loses faith in the company and has work ethic eroded by this situation. Taken on a national basis this is a huge economic issue.

6. You claim Reagonomics did it, I see repeal of final Glass-Steagall act provisions during Clinton era as having played a big huge part which I believe was the genesis of the dot com crash and the banking scandels of 2005, why no arests, no perp walks or any other meaningful convictions for those you label greedy and part of the problem, I would have been for shutdown, liquidation and restructuring. Alas.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I think I see your point. Are we talking regional governments bound in a loose union? Or totally separate governments?

Overall, I'm a little more optimistic. I believe that our nation could still pull their collective heads out of the sand and stand united. I love my country, just not a government that no longer represents it's people.... And people is what it's really all about.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Too many self serving people who think they are God in Washington.

Who put their own self interest above the nation.

edit on 18-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I find this more fitting;

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff you always sound reasonable but you are not. Compromise is not the solution anymore. It is the problem. We have compromised on so many things in the past. We have talked about lobbyists. Remove the immunity for the president, the congress, judges, prosecutors, and police. They all get arrested if they have taken bribes. No more lobbyists. Arrest Obama, Bush, Holder, Pelosi, even me. Anyone who breaks the law, no immunity. No more CI's which are criminal informants who are given immunity to commit almost any crime they want if they are willing to work for the police. Then we can go after corporations for tax fraud. I pay more taxes every year then GE corporation does and the IRS wants another 100K from me. BS. If you really care about the poor you will try to remove the immunity which allows all these people to break the law. Once the immunity is gone then you hold the PEOPLE who run the companys responsible for what they do, not the company's. The PEOPLE who are given immunity from their actions. Then there will be enough money to pay for the social services you talk about. Until then you are a disinformation agent saying "oh if you would just compromise" as a means to obscure the truth which is no compromise will work until we are actually following the law.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
@
Thepump

What a sad and sorry batch of things you have chosen to focus on. I predict the American economy will begin to normalized soon.
reply to post by neo96

Another failed ATS prediction.

@
neo96

I tried to tell people that "the rich" will not pay more, they will just make us pay it.
We are seeing it now with the Denny's %5 Obama charge.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
@
Thepump

What a sad and sorry batch of things you have chosen to focus on. I predict the American economy will begin to normalized soon.
reply to post by neo96

Another failed ATS prediction.

@
neo96

I tried to tell people that "the rich" will not pay more, they will just make us pay it.
We are seeing it now with the Denny's %5 Obama charge.

Ewww whoever eats there should pay for their stupidity they're food is horrid...it's like S%$# on cardboard and that's being nice.

link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Yep the cost will be passed on, and there they are cheerleading the way for it.

thanks every action taken has the equal and opposite effect.

link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

If the idea were to materialize, it would start with completely autonomous governments. We likely wouldn't see any changes with regards to mobility of people and goods between the nations. A loose union, something similar in structure to the EU would likely form, but it would be very different. The drastic differences of the people, subcultures and politics of the regions will likely prevent a reunification of the US as it stands today.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah! Down with the Fed and the ponzi scheme that is our National Debt!

I always enjoyed this clip from our main man Greenmutheffinspan,

Alan Greenspan: WE CAN ALWAYS PRINT MORE MONEY

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I like it in theory. Going to bed, let me ponder this a bit more... As it potential solves quite a few issues. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Neo, you have misdirected pisstivity. For you to be as informed as you claim to be, you seem to forget the fact that not a damn thing is what it seems, and this partisan, political sh!+ is just that, sh!+. It wouldn't matter if the next 4 years was under Mahatma Friggin Ghandi, it's going down like the power structure wants it to. The whole playbook of this country, from its induction, to the present, is based on that of The Roman Empire. Don't believe me? Look around you. The terms Senate and Congress are not American-borne. The architecture of the courts and federal buildings are not American-borne. The so-called ''Washington Monument'' is not American-borne. All roads lead to Rome and Egypt. Better re-read the playbook(s).

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Ponzi scheme describes so much of this countries problems:

First in first out get what you want while leaving others hold the bag.

Every level of society in this country.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

If you say so since someone brought up Rome:

"The budget should be balanced the Treasury should be refilled. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled. The assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." — Marcus Tullius Cicero

They never listened to Cicero and we all know how that turned out.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Rome had public assistance? All I remember of the study of rome was all the good stuff the drunken orgies.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Exactly, and those at the top always get away with the looting while their cronies get light sentences and koshy minimal security cells. Recently read an article about a former French trader who stole billions from his bank and only got 2 years, well 2 - 5. He says he did nothing wrong and that it was common place claiming the bank knew what he was doing all along. The bank of course denies they knew anything about him stealing billions because we all know how easy it is to lose billions. I lost a couple million just last week, happens all the time. Then I read about a Goldman Sach executive, well former, getting another light sentence of 2 years for insider trading that gave him a small fortune of just 75 million. Prosecutors were trying for an astounding 10 year sentence but just couldn't get the job done.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in America, some non violent drug offender is doing hard time and has a boyfriend that he doesn't love. I love America and F France.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yep the Romans had public assistance programs what we call welfare programs today or government subsidies.

giselleaguiar.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join