It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the next 4 years are going to look like

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Hefficide

Or are you going to just stay bitter and see it all crash and burn,

I'd like to see it crash and burn. We always need a cycle of destruction for rebirth. Hopefully can be done right this time.

My thoughts exactly! Starred!

I think many are overlooking the real issues, this isnt "bushes" fault, or any single other Americans, it is a generations wide problem. It began under Roosevelt, and has gotten steadily worse, compounded by Dick "I am not a crook" Nixon, as after the gold standard was cancelled, and coupled with the FED, the "infinite growth" model is the problem.

All these corps ran out of "infinite growth" room, thus they stopped paying well, cancelled benefits packages slowly by degrees, then they cut jobs, all in the name of trying to continue on in their obviously failed business model.

If the "too big too fail" comanies had all gone under, as they should have, they would have already been replaced by younger, more economical companies, that still have many ears of "infinite growth" left.

Which is of course, the only honest solution for the current business model.

Company gets large, has alot of money, pays well, runs out of growth room, dies, gets replaced by a younger smaller, less bloated and greed company, world spins on unhindered.

None of them will ever see this of course, as they cannot allow a world without them on top at all times.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

And we know who created money don't we?

Banks and corporations only accumulate it those people in charge are the ones who brought us the Federal Reserve, and prints it out of thin air at will that also sets the rates of every financial instrument out there, and who gets to say how much they get to keep.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Social security for crying outloud a person use to pay 6 percent until the current admin cut that to 4 percent, and then employers match that and get more out than they ever paid in.

Making people pay 40 years before they ever get any return, and then have to go beg for it,.

Yeah that is like just a totally awesome program isn't it?

And then those people who are on SS, get that other fabulous program called medicare which works the same damn way.

So from one government check that medicare automatically gets deducted from something that can not already be paid for and here comes the kicker.

The difference is made up by new people but that doesn't make up the difference which brings up to the tax the rich mantra.

People are getting more out of a system than they pay in but heavens no people Social programs are just like soooooooo totally awesome.
edit on 18-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Originally posted by beezzer
I don't see things getting better, but we've weathered worse storms before.

Well said. We've been through much worse and survived as a country.

Let's curb the general negativity for any one president... Many have got us to where we are now.

I think all we are doing now is polishing the brass on the titanic, and we are all to blame for what happens next. However, united we could all be part of the solution.

I'm done with surviving, screw that I want to see drastic change...I am on the verge of insanity because I am sick and tired of the status quou (sp?) I am sick of the BS split and divide the haves have nots, etc...anybody who supports this premise is sick they have a disease.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

the problems facing this country that have been the most damaging were started under the Roosevelt administration

I can't believe anyone still believes this crap anymore- it's like those people who claim the holocaust never happened, or the world is only 6000 years old.

You realize that the most prosperous society in history was after Roosevelt's reforms right?

Regulation is nothing but wealth destruction,job destruction, and totalitarianism

This is just insanity.

You do see the irrational nature of your thinking dont you? Of course not, you are drinking the koolaid.

Ok, here goes. History 101- The boom times of America are not the result of anything done by the American government, the are a result of Europes governments policies I e.. Europe was destroyed, so America was the only real industrial nation left whole, as the worlds leading industrial nation, America quickly soared to never before seen heights on the shoulders of a collapsed Europe, manufacturing basically everything the western world needed for the next 50 years.

It wasnt because of Teddies policies, it was because Europe was flat. We sold them everything the needed both during and after the World Wars, which is where all the money came from.

If your the last factory in a devistated land, your probably always gonna be the richest guy in that land also. This isnt hard to follow, I do hope you can keep up here.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Oh don't get me wrong it's going to take a complete and utter societal collapse for us to truly build something better. My point is that either way we cannot remain divided as people over which of pile of crap is in office. Current system, or otherwise we can't continue to allow ourselves as citizens to be separated by a disgustingly corrupt plutocratic system.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think you are completely focused on the wrong things.

Our political system is completely non functional. Congress is willing to do nothing that is even slightly controversial. It would be deadlocked no matter which candidate for president won. the country has gigantic economic problems and neither side is even willing to discuss it remotely truthfully. The voters have proven they are idiots by voting back nearly every incumbent for this do nothing sellout congress. The president is issuing hundreds of executive orders and for some reason everyone seems fine following them as if they are law, even though they completely undermine the constitution.

What I'm getting at is the system is hopelessly broken, and you should not be focused on perpetuating it, you should focusing on how it can be fixed or replaced.

We are not going to make it four more years without a depression, you need to be focused on how to be prepared for that.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Yeah but you can see here by this thread that that will never happen. They are playing some like fiddles and the lemmings would just follow the stupid leaders right off a cliff.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo
I think you are completely focused on the wrong things.

Our political system is completely non functional. Congress is willing to do nothing that is even slightly controversial. It would be deadlocked no matter which candidate for president won. the country has gigantic economic problems and neither side is even willing to discuss it remotely truthfully. The voters have proven they are idiots by voting back nearly every incumbent for this do nothing sellout congress. The president is issuing hundreds of executive orders and for some reason everyone seems fine following them as if they are law, even though they completely undermine the constitution.

What I'm getting at is the system is hopelessly broken, and you should not be focused on perpetuating it, you should focusing on how it can be fixed or replaced.

We are not going to make it four more years without a depression, you need to be focused on how to be prepared for that.

YEP! EXACTLY!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
What the next 4 years are going to look like in a nutshell is exactly what the last 4 years have looked like

4 more years of being told I hate poor people
4 more years of being told I hate women
4 more years of being told I hate African Americans
4 more years of being told I hate Hispanics
4 more years of being told I hate Gays
4 more years of being told I hate the middle class
4 more years of being told how evil corporations are
4 more years of being told how evil banks are
4 more years of the mass media ignoring everything inherently wrong with the current administration
4 more years of how the GOP is obstructionist.
4 more years of tax the rich
4 more years of the liberal superiority complex from a party that claims everyone is "equal"
4 more years of "like how totally awesome Obama and the Democrats are".
4 more years of Blame Bush which makes Bush the longest serving Potus in US history.

The United states of ignorance is what the country is
The united states of dysfunction is also what this country is.

Blah blah Blah

In the immortal words of Benjamin Franklin:

We are all born ignorant, but one really must work hard to remain stupid.

While I certainly understand, AND SHARE, your frustrations, Neo, including our election process and government, I fail to grasp the objective of this particular thread. Intellectually I get it, however, I know you are more capable of quantifying these frustrations in a way that would produce substantial conversation and debate. Personally, I pray these predictions are not self-fulfilling, however, my hope is eroding quickly, and my faith is lacking that anyone in Washington really cares about you or me.

link   

reply to post by Osiris1953

Yeah but you can see here by this thread that that will never happen. They are playing some like fiddles and the lemmings would just follow the stupid leaders right off a cliff.

"And BOOOM goes the dynamite!" Truly words of wisdom are abundant by several members here in this thread, all the others are just sipping the koolaid.

I would think it was obvious to more at this point, but both "sides" are the same side, only a new direction will fix this problem.

link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I will tell you where things went WRONG! Ronald Reagan tried VERY HARD to get Social Security Funds separated from the General Fund. As it was and is now...the Money taken out of all our paychecks for Social Security is placed in the General Fund to be used at the Politicians Discretion and used to pay for the General Budget.

Reagan KNEW this was disastrous and tried to get Social Security Collections placed into a SEPARATE FUND which would Gain Interest and NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE SPENT on anything other than Social Security Payments for the Citizens of the United States.

This was REJECTED by the Democrats. If this had been separated when Reagan wanted it to be...we would have a WINDFALL of Funds that would be able to pay everyone much more than they receive now! THIS is the moment that we could have FORCED the politicians to only SPEND WHAT THEY TOOK IN!

He also attempted to create a BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT. This was also defeated by the Democrats.
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not to mention that the idea of being forced to pay into a system is another anti-freedom government knows best program.

I don't/won't use the system even if it is there, so why be forced to contribute? Oh, yeah. So they can fund it for those using it now. After all, the funding isn't in a closed account, but open for any use by the government.

I'm done with surviving, screw that I want to see drastic change...

As am I! I am afraid of the government. I don't feel free. I don't fee safe. I certainly don't feel like I have opportunities. I see no hope for the future, or for my kids.

It may be hard times and worse living for many if not most, if the government were to fall apart completely, but that way is the only chance that the future may be better. I know I would rather take my chances under total anarchy than to continue to live a life the way things are now.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

my faith is lacking that anyone in Washington really cares about you or me.

The only thing they care about is your vote that is it, some bribe you for it that has led us to this point.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Pro tip.

Repetition makes the fool look smart, but to the smart look foolish. Congrats on your stars. Your validity is in the negatives.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Here is a little tid bit most are not even aware off

Many people believe that Social Security is an “earned right.” That is, they think that because they have paid Social Security taxes, they are entitled to receive Social Security benefits. The government encourages that belief by referring to Social Security taxes as “contributions,” as in the Federal Insurance Contribution Act. However, in the 1960 case of Fleming v. Nestor, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that workers have no legally binding contractual rights to their Social Security benefits, and that those benefits can be cut or even eliminated at any time.

Fleming V Nestor, and Helvering V Davis

www.frumforum.com...

Anything government gives they can take away.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
All I know on the partisan side outside election time....and we're past election time....is that there is not a single one of them on either side of the party line with a precious few exceptions, who have ANY idea what it means to raise a family on a budget that is at or below what it takes to live comfortably.

Economic well-being knows no partisan loyalty.

Fully 37* Senate Democrats and 30 Senate Republicans reported an average net worth in excess of $1 million in 2010, according to the Center's analysis. The same was true of 110 House Republicans and 73 House Democrats.

The median estimated net worth among Senate Republicans was $2.43 million, and the median net worth among members of the Democratic caucus in the Senate was $2.69 million*, by the Center's tally.

Meanwhile, in the House, the median estimated net worth of a GOP House member was $834,250 in 2010, according to the Center's research, compared to a median net worth of $635,500 among House Democrats.
Source

Now my conservative mindset and someone else's liberal mindset isn't the CORE of the national problems. The Politician mindset is and they are working overtime and with all possible effort to get us hating each other on enough different things so no one even considers looking THEIR way for where that anger is rightly directed. None of us set policy and the ones who do have been there and in those positions for a couple decades or more in most cases. That means we're looking to get solutions from the very same people who were instrumental in creating the problem....again, from both sides.

They sure are having an outstanding success with the civil war among citizens though.....even if it's only verbal. The media shows it's raging as strong as ever and it's seen across the forums here too. The Politicians win either way and THEY TOO just get richer and richer with each year passing. Red and Blue...they all share the same building up there and eat at the same tables....while everyone out here is at each other's throats because they say we should be.

Maybe it's time for a change of approach out here as well as in Washington.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
What the next 4 years are going to look like in a nutshell is exactly what the last 4 years have looked like

4 more years of being told I hate poor people
4 more years of being told I hate women
4 more years of being told I hate African Americans
4 more years of being told I hate Hispanics
4 more years of being told I hate Gays
4 more years of being told I hate the middle class
4 more years of being told how evil corporations are
4 more years of being told how evil banks are
4 more years of the mass media ignoring everything inherently wrong with the current administration
4 more years of how the GOP is obstructionist.
4 more years of tax the rich
4 more years of the liberal superiority complex from a party that claims everyone is "equal"
4 more years of "like how totally awesome Obama and the Democrats are".
4 more years of Blame Bush which makes Bush the longest serving Potus in US history.

The United states of ignorance is what the country is
The united states of dysfunction is also what this country is.

Blah blah Blah

In the immortal words of Benjamin Franklin:

We are all born ignorant, but one really must work hard to remain stupid.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yes they will.

The next four years will continue the country's decent into irrelevancy and lunacy.

I think Iceland is an inspiration. After greed bankrupted their country, as it is doing to our own, they peacefully overthrew their government, wrote a new constitution, arrested the bankers responsible for their economic collapse and found new elected officials for nearly all government positions. When the system lost sight of what was important they stood together as Icelanders ans started over.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Osiris1953 because: Typing gremlins.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

I'd really love a cookie right now, lol

Even if that meant going to the darkside lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join