It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the next 4 years are going to look like

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What the next 4 years are going to look like in a nutshell is exactly what the last 4 years have looked like

4 more years of being told I hate poor people
4 more years of being told I hate women
4 more years of being told I hate African Americans
4 more years of being told I hate Hispanics
4 more years of being told I hate Gays
4 more years of being told I hate the middle class
4 more years of being told how evil corporations are
4 more years of being told how evil banks are
4 more years of the mass media ignoring everything inherently wrong with the current administration
4 more years of how the GOP is obstructionist.
4 more years of tax the rich
4 more years of the liberal superiority complex from a party that claims everyone is "equal"
4 more years of "like how totally awesome Obama and the Democrats are".
4 more years of Blame Bush which makes Bush the longest serving Potus in US history.

The United states of ignorance is what the country is
The united states of dysfunction is also what this country is.

Blah blah Blah

In the immortal words of Benjamin Franklin:

We are all born ignorant, but one really must work hard to remain stupid.
edit on 18-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+83 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, you know I respect and like you as a person - so please take this as constructive....

We have a lot of work to do in this nation to get ourselves out of a hole that is 30 years, or more, deep. Do you want to be part of the solution? Are you willing to to compromise and do what's best for all - even if that means having to accept some things that don't exactly match up with your personal views?

Or are you going to just stay bitter and see it all crash and burn, just so you can say "I told you so?"

I'm willing to find the middle ground to do what's best for everyone, the wealthy and corporations included. Are you willing to include the disenfranchised and poor in your vision of a perfect America?

This game is no longer about who wins - it's getting to a point where we all win or we all lose.

~Heff

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Compromise works both ways that kind of rhetoric we all know is not part of the solution.

This nation is royally screwed by the policies, and ideology sold that supposedly was to make things better which have only made them worse.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So you're a Republican?

+49 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

From my point of view we've had 32 years of Reaganomics to ensnare us and only 4 years of a cycle to try and change those policies.

This country worked well when businesses were rationally regulated, people were rationally taxed, and there was a culture of wanting prosperity for everyone - not just the "job creators". When I was younger my employers did not just offer euphemisms about "people being the most important part of our business" - they provided decent pay and benefits to show that they meant it.

Somewhere that all changed - and now cheap labor and creating as much profit as can be squeezed from everything is the status quo - and this approach is not conducive to growth. Houses and nations are built upon strong foundations - and the foundation of any nation is the masses.

We need industry to take the lead in bringing back quality jobs to our shores. Yes, they might pay a premium here, as compared to the third world, for labor - but the benefits of that expense are worth it. These mega corporations became mega corporations due to their American labor force - not to the third world operations they now utilize.

Greed has to be mitigated to a degree if we are to survive as a nation and as a people.

Once that happens? Then social services will be much less in demand and we can move towards altering them down to a rational level as well.

~Heff

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ill take 4 more yrs anyday
before 1 day under Romney

In the immortal words of Benjamin

hey thats me

oh wait .. you were speaking about the other Benjamin

at least its not Benjamin N .. that guy really work hard to remain stupido

"We are all born ignorant, but one really must work hard to remain stupid" ahah love it

We Benjamin's (inteligent ones) really know how to work with words to make people think

edit on 11/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

From my point of view we've had 32 years of Reaganomics to ensnare us and only 4 years of a cycle to try and change those policies.

Sounds like the blame game there, and the problems facing this country that have been the most damaging were started under the Roosevelt administration, then added to all the way up to the current Potus.

Social engineering,and all those grand ideals have always had the opposite intended effect every time government takes actions the problems get worse.

This country worked well when businesses were rationally regulated,

Regulation is nothing but wealth destruction,job destruction, and totalitarianism

people were rationally taxed, and there was a culture of wanting prosperity for everyone - not just the "job creators".

When those elected leaders tax Americans at 90% that was anything but rational.

When I was younger my employers did not just offer euphemisms about "people being the most important part of our business" - they provided decent pay and benefits to show that they meant it.

Sounds like what a free market is suppose to be, but of course government gets in there it becomes anything but free.

Somewhere that all changed - and now cheap labor and creating as much profit as can be squeezed from everything is the status quo - and this approach is not conducive to growth. Houses and nations are built upon strong foundations - and the foundation of any nation is the masses.

Why did that change?

From all those regulations that strangle business

We need industry to take the lead in bringing back quality jobs to our shores. Yes, they might pay a premium here, as compared to the third world, for labor - but the benefits of that expense are worth it. These mega corporations became mega corporations due to their American labor force - not to the third world operations they now utilize.

Yes we do but here comes in all that regulation and making things "fair" and all that jazz have people not figured out the more power government takes that makes business leave this country?

Greed has to be mitigated to a degree if we are to survive as a nation and as a people.

Greed is not a attribute only of those evil rich, and corporations,

Once that happens? Then social services will be much less in demand and we can move towards altering them down to a rational level as well.

Assuming they want things to be fixed the worse things are the more power they get to take, and keep.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
For Canada the next 4 years are going to be awesome. Actually it will be awesome for the entire British empire. The US is in for a massive correction. the last 4 years were just meant to make you used to the idea. Nobody wants the US to go into shock, just back to farming potato and corn for the British.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What a sad and sorry batch of things you have chosen to focus on.

I predict the American economy will begin to normalized soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

And just why do people think that?

Tax the rich coming, the care act coming to play on a already lousy economy.

Have any idea who captain's, and flys those evil rich's yachts,and jets?

Have any idea who builds those evil richs homes?

Those maids,and gardeners?

All middle class.

And then have any idea how much property tax someone is paying on a million dollar mansion and decide to let that second or third go?

A millionaire who owns a million dollar home pays 10k in property taxes.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Or are you going to just stay bitter and see it all crash and burn,

I'd like to see it crash and burn. We always need a cycle of destruction for rebirth. Hopefully can be done right this time.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

“The nearest I can make it out, "Love your Enemies" means, "Hate your Friends"”

Benjamin Franklin

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
www.google.com... source=univ&sa=X&ei=UrCpUIq8EpOY9QT2_YHIAw&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=800#[/img]

Well here is what the US will look like in 4 years.........
edit on 18-11-2012 by planefixer because: fixed link.i think

Well i cant figure out how to imbed the pic, but you get the point if you click the google link
edit on 18-11-2012 by planefixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants.

Benjamin Franklin

Rob from the greedy give to the needy, rinse and repeat, the more one has the more they take as in taxation.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The next 4 years will be partisan as hell.

It'l be like getting attacked. The bad guy pulls a knife and stabs you.

The "compromise" everyone talks about will be how many inches the knife goes in.

I don't see things getting better, but we've weathered worse storms before.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The point you, and many, are making are simply one issue of the overwhelming debacle our nation has turned into. The economy finally broke. It is on life support now, but the disease is terminal.

I honestly think that things started to go wrong with the civil war. Ever since then, the government has slowly but incrementally increased its control and power, beyond its original intent. You talk about taxes being fair. Income tax itself is not fair. It is not right that a man should be made a slave to the government for the privilege of trying to support himself. That was another tightening of the governmental noose on the people in 1913.

Our problems are the result of American people making stupid decisions in who they put in office and let stay in office. Politics has been able to play the game of getting one side to blame the other for our woes, but behind the walls of Washington, they all laugh. Those who are in office use their time to line the pockets and futures of themselves and their friends. Rarely, if ever, are those in charged concerned about ensuring the freedoms and rights of the citizens. So every election, we put in a new person or keep in the old, and every session of congress and administration passes laws and executive orders that expand their control and power, further remove freedom from the people, and nothing good is ever achieved.

No change in administration or congress will undo 150 years of the usurpation of freedom. They won't return rights they have taken away. They won't be reducing the size of government. They won't be getting out of the lives and pockets of the people and business so we can take care of ourselves. What they will do is make more laws. Take away more rights and freedom. Expand their control. Continue and increase borrowing. Increase debt limits and deficits. Increase taxes and fees. It would be delusional to think otherwise.

The economy was the last straw. The nation cannot contain the problem any longer. There is no repair. There is only collapse. Not just economic, but society will collapse when the economy does.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Damn glad you brought up the civil war considering before it the Us had no income tax that was created to pay down debt in the first place.

The only thing income tax does today is pay for social engineering programs that do nothing but create debt.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm no Obama supporter but I definitely consider Big Banks and Big Corporations as evil. Money is the root of all evil and who loves $$ more than those two?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

the problems facing this country that have been the most damaging were started under the Roosevelt administration

I can't believe anyone still believes this crap anymore- it's like those people who claim the holocaust never happened, or the world is only 6000 years old.

You realize that the most prosperous society in history was after Roosevelt's reforms right?

Regulation is nothing but wealth destruction,job destruction, and totalitarianism

This is just insanity.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I don't see things getting better, but we've weathered worse storms before.

Well said. We've been through much worse and survived as a country.

Let's curb the general negativity for any one president... Many have got us to where we are now.

I think all we are doing now is polishing the brass on the titanic, and we are all to blame for what happens next. However, united we could all be part of the solution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join