Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Gigantic Water Spout Largest ever Caught on Camera

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

A GIANT waterspout that developed off NSW's south coast may be one of the largest ever caught on camera in Australia.

Water Spout Video

As we are getting more and more crazy weather around the world, unusual things are becoming more common, especially in the age where everyone has a mobile phone or digital camera that can capture these images.

I have seen a couple of these but none as big as this one. It looks like a tornadoe that is reported from the famous Tornadoe alley in USA.

It is so thick and solid and it makes me wonder what we are in for in the coming months as the weather gets wilder and wilder around the world.

Apparantly this video has gone viral, but could not find it posted on here, so just thought would share.

edit add wiki link to what makes a waterspout here

edit on 18-11-2012 by magma because: added link

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've seen a few but never that big.

I've watched them come across the water and then hit land...BOOM!

All that water falling in a concentrated spot can leave quite a crater sometimes. This one would be crazy...

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My goodness that thing is massively insane.

Nice footage.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Your right it is pretty big. Would make an absolute mess if it were to smack up on the land.

Guess that will be the next step in this crazy weather world we live in. I for one would run for the hills if something like this were to be down the end of my street.

@manhater:

your right it is gigantic

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Anyone know why it doesn't seem to move much like a normal twister? It just seems to be stationary.

YouTube version is much better.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

my guess would be all the added mass from the water (you also have a lot of interaction with water in the twister and water on the "ground" which is going to provide resistance to horizontal movement)

i really have no idea what im talking about though
edit on 18-11-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

lmao
You may have no idea, but its a logical assumption and it makes pretty good sense to me.
Pretty awesome sight.

I live in Canada, so I never see anything like this with my own eyes. Seen the beginning of a tornado a couple times, but they never touched down.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That thing is huge and it does look a lot like a tornado, except this is white where a tornado is generally black from the dust.

Hard to tell just how big it really is being over the water, but I wouldn't want to be in it's path.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Just don't be surprised...
when a news story reports fish falling out of the sky somewhere.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I've seen a few but never that big.

That's what she said....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
Anyone know why it doesn't seem to move much like a normal twister? It just seems to be stationary.

YouTube version is much better.

It's just much heavier than mere wind. It's a lot of water to move around.

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
reply to post by sirhumperdink

lmao
You may have no idea, but its a logical assumption and it makes pretty good sense to me.
Pretty awesome sight.

I live in Canada, so I never see anything like this with my own eyes. Seen the beginning of a tornado a couple times, but they never touched down.

Lake Winnipeg...Many times.

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Thank you! ...Saw this on the weather network, was going to search for it.

F&

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That is pretty awesome! Now... if that was a UFO, the video would only be 15 secs long, it would be dark and the camera work would be extremely shaky. If only more people knew how to use a camera like this...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Ah yes, and there that is.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've read on other posts that the aliens are here for our water...just kidding of course. nice vid. thank you OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Holy crap!

That is scary,if I saw that coming towards me I would so run for the hills!

SS

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ok, seriously. If I saw that, I'd be tempted to go into it, just to see what it's like. Would I be engulfed in the tornado from top to bottom until it spits me out? I would drown right? ....or would it just be one hell of a ride?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Well I'm just gonna put this out there.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdventureTime
Ok, seriously. If I saw that, I'd be tempted to go into it, just to see what it's like. Would I be engulfed in the tornado from top to bottom until it spits me out? I would drown right? ....or would it just be one hell of a ride?

Ok buddy, I think you saw the movie Twister one too many times here

After watching these videos you'll get the idea that maybe venturing into a monster spout may not be the brightest thing to do, but these little puppy spouts will give you the same the same thrill ride

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join