It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Building a Star Gate?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If only other countries would build more monuments such as this one instead of new battleships, nuclear subs and aircraft carriers! How about less invading ang pillaging weaker nations and more "stargates"?

No lack of hipocrisy around here as usual.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i like it.

im just wondering if they have aligned it with the stars.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

the absence of any evidence for the claim is overwhelming

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
St. Louis, eat your heart out...
2nd

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

they probly keep the best resouces for them self and pass us the garbage

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

My God! The Chinese really will spend money on anything these days.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
If only other countries would build more monuments such as this one instead of new battleships, nuclear subs and aircraft carriers! How about less invading ang pillaging weaker nations and ...

Sounds like you are describing China with all the military kit they are churning out, numerous territorial disputes and Tibet.

As a monument it is pretty dull and hardly iconic. Big round metal thing with a light pollution problem No wonder people think it’s a stargate as resorting to fantasy is the only way they can justify such a silly waste.

Regards

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Awesome work of engineering. I think every industrialized country in the world has always tried to create a monument that has that "wow" factor. I know the St. Louis elevators have a gear ratchet system that enables them to clear the arch section near the top of the monument. I wonder if the elevators in this circular monument uses the same ratchet system.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It's fun to see I'm not the only one thinking of it a certain way. Are they also going to get a riverboat with McDonalds nearby that one?

We already have a "Gateway to the West" so let them have theirs to the East.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by jude11

My God! The Chinese really will spend money on anything these days.

Pffft. We have this embarrassing thing here in the US called "NASCAR" Still want to talk about wasting money?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
May not be a Stargate but I'll bet we're seeing that in movies of all kinds for many years to come. That's an incredible project. No one can say the Chinese think or act small on anything.

The bigger they keep building things, shows us that they are having to compensate for having "something small" in the first place

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I thought this was going to be a serious video....but once I started watching and heard the music, yup, it was a comedy video. Thanks for making me smile haha

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
How exciting.

I sit and wait,,there's an angel contemplating our fate,,maybe

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The directions were embedded in their written language.
They been looking for a source of pride ever since Bruce Lee died.
edit on 19-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Jackie Chan was the best they could do so far

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Jackie Chan was the best they could do so far

How about their children surpassing the United States in all the standardized test scores? Math and science anyone? Racist against the Chinese much, guys?
edit on 19-11-2012 by jeantherapy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Open Stargate/Quantum 5d Leap- psychic trained by Military my homesite: www.nuts4mars.com working continuously since Feb 2006 but beware there are false doors see Zombie Rat Cheesecake scroll to end www.scribd.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That is really neat. It would be even neater if it works. The Arch in St. Louis has elevators that work like this;

en.wikipedia.org...

a 12-passenger elevator to the 372-foot (113 m) height,[16] and a tram in each leg.[6] Each tram is a chain of eight egg-shaped, five-seat compartments[105] with a small window on the doors.[106] As each tram has a capacity of 40 passengers and there are two trams, 80 passengers can be transported at one time, with trams departing from the ground every 10 minutes.[72] The cars swing like Ferris-wheel cars as they ascend and descend the arch.[

I wonder if they might use the same system there.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think theyre just trying to outdo the gateway arch in st louis. It does look creepy though

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
In many eastern cultures life is considered circular and/or concentric. This structure, including its name, is in keeping with their culture. Dao / Tao = The way / The natural order of nature. The Koreans, as a comparison, use the word Do which has the same meaning.

Besides, how is it all that different from the plethora of "millennium wheels" that hit the scene just over a decade ago?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join