It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The West don't speak 'Mandarin'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Interesting how differently the West interpret mass genocide compared to the East, isn't it? Something lost in translation, perhaps?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What about Vietnamese? Anywhere from 600k-2 million.

What was that about again?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BeneathBaseStupidity

I can tell you what I believe to be the difference....and Stalin/Lenin make for interesting additions to the numbers while we're all at it..... The major difference though is that Germany went about it in as cold and systematic a way as the world had ever seen...and I hope will ever see again. China and Russia were in passion and national zeal for the Cultural Revolution and the Purges.The Nazis were just running an assembly line for all the passion there was to it.

At least that's how I've always seen it and figured they were radically different. No one in history that I've read about did it quite like the Nazi Party.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a genocide scoreboard relying on captioned pics from the 1st google page?
good luck.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Who is who? Really this matters? OKAY they were both mass murderers of the most evil kind. Are you trying to say one is worse than the other? Really? Why stop there. We kill each other every day over the stupidest things...we let people starve and live on streets....we bomb innocent people all over the world everyday....we get drunk and kill everyday....what hitlerass did is kill 6000000 people systematically with the worst imaginable torture ....we dropped the atomic bomb 2 times on a defenseless nation that had already agreed to surrender...napoleon stalin etc.
edit on 11/18/2012 by ascension211 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/18/2012 by ascension211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BeneathBaseStupidity

What about all the wars the west has fought since Mao, do you consider the those presidents and prime ministers mass murderers? The difference is 'the victor writes the history books', or in the modern age, controls the media. People respect Mao for promoting the status of women, improving education and health care, providing universal housing and raising life expectancy, because no one has said otherwise (in china). And considering China is the new super power, no one can deny he was a great political strategist, as a pose to Hitler who just screwed everything up.
And i dont think your title is accurate, Kevin Rudd, when he was Prime Minister of Australia...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
Who is who? Really this matters? OKAY they were both mass murderers of the most evil kind. Are you trying to say one is worse than the other?

No. What I'm trying to point out is how differently these two mass murdering historical figures are celebrated:

...And how we should keep this in the forefront of our minds when dealing this rising power; especially if conflict should break out. Life is an expendable commodity of little value in China.

Originally posted by seudonymous
Kevin Rudd, when he was Prime Minister of Australia...

Rudd was very scathing and critical of China. It's a natural progression when you become more culturally aware of a people so handicapped by half a century of communist drone-ification.

edit on 19-11-2012 by BeneathBaseStupidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It seems (seems being the operative word) that in the past the world saw killing your own people as almost fine, but had an issue when you started killing the neighbours (as Hitler did)

Video contains expletives.

join