It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Complexity of our Spirit is after all the same size as earth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
* The Complexity of our Spirit is after all the same size as earth.

Welcome ATS Members,

I am new to ATS After many years of lurking like Smeagol from lord of the rings I am finally here!

I'd like to kick start my thread talking about the non-physical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul. I've been doing some research the last couple of days about how humongous the endless space is which has got me thinking about the topic "Do we have a soul" & "Does it have some sort of intelligence?" Later on thinking about these questions I have come to my own conclusion that perhaps we do indeed have a soul.

www.rahul.net...
In many great teachings, in one form or another, the idea of three worlds is presented. These three "worlds" may be called the body, the soul, and the spirit. The term "body" in this case includes what we normally think of as our body, but it also includes our emotions and thoughts—because our emotions and thoughts are driven by our bodily sensory inputs. It is who and what we are, as we are. It is a miracle, but we have much greater possibilities, and these are our "soul" and our "spirit". And each of these is a much greater miracle than the body.

Practically everything that we do, we do with the body, and with that we are more or less familiar. But we are not familiar with the soul, and we are not familiar with the spirit. It may be said that we lack soul, but it cannot be said that we lack spirit. How can we lack the infinite? What we lack is our connection to the infinite, our connection to spirit, and that connection is the soul.

The Complex understanding behind the "Spirt/Soul"

Now take for example

Our Earth as the Spirit.

Our Universe as our body .

FIN

edit on 18-11-2012 by ounc311 because: Edit

edit on 11/18/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: Added REQUIRED source link & external source tags

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Now Open for Discussion

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ounc311

I've read your OP twice, and went to your source, where I found this:

In some teachings, the world of the soul corresponds to what is called "imagination" (on the fourth way, the term imagination refers instead to uncontrolled mind activity). It is that which "images" the influences of spirit, the inspiration, for presentation to the sense-based body. It may also be called the astral body, the higher emotional center, the ruah (kaballah), and so on. In addition to the different names for the soul between different teachings, it can be confusing because the same term used for soul may be used for our emotional function, just as the same term used for spirit may be used for our intellectual function. This apparent confusion exists because there is a correspondence between the emotions and the soul, and between the intellect and the spirit. In fact, our emotions and intellect may be seen as something like imitations, or images, of the soul and spirit.

I'm sorry, but I just can't make sense of this. Granted, I am a simpleton, not versed in these matters, but still . . .

I don't understand how complexity can have a size. I don't understand how we can compare Spirit to the intellect. I understood the Soul to be eternal. Is the source claiming the emotions are eternal? I hate to ask this, but, could you take another run at this subject using different words or expressions? I, frankly, am lost.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Earth is NOT our spirit. We're not even from here, but enter into this high security type school. Our body is made up of the star dust of the Universe, but our Spirit/Soul is not. We're not even the same "matter" the universe is made of. We're the driver of the body vehicle. The body suit is like AI suit. Its a bit like avatar, but we're held in by the blood and magnetic fields. We're Infinite Consciousness, and each of us is an infinite part of infinity, and we're bigger than our universe. Our souls are bigger than and more than 10000X superman, and yet we have training wheels on here so as not to harm anyone or anything. Its a hard lesson, we have to learn not to react, harm others, retaliate, abuse, or walk by those in need, have apathy. Live with Integrity and Compassion. So the training wheels can come off, then we're capable of living in the real universe on much higher levels and eutopias. But none of us are from here.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

join