It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli spokesperson admits to targeting journalists in Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius
reply to post by seethetruth

I don't think it's quite that sinister. They (the Israeli's) know that information will always get out, no matter how tight the controls are. The objective may be sinister but I don't think it's quite that dark.

Hamas has done a splendid job in garnering support though through, sometimes, misplaced empathy.

i do, i believe the Zionists are a synagogue of satan , and they have had a plan to flatten Gaza since the flotilla murders ,

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
From your source:

By the Israeli army’s own admission, they knew journalists were in the building at which they fired: “We obviously knew there were journalists in the building, so we did not attack other floors in the building. But my advice to journalists visiting Gaza is to stay away from any Hamas position, site or post for their own safety,” army spokesperson Avital Leibovich told the press today (BBC Middle East Bureau Chief Paul Danahar recorded her admission).
This isn't targeting the journalists. Even the author of the article (which doesn't appear to be a news article, but an opinion piece) says "in the building at which they fired." Saying that it was the building they wanted to get rid of, not the journalists.

How is what you say any different from Timothy McVeigh saying something like, "I knew kids were in the building, but I was not targeting the kids. I was targeting the Government building. My advise is keep your kids away from Government buildings."?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by charles1952

Either way there were innocent journalists in there and the IDF knew it.
If I blew your house up and I knew you were in it I think it could be said that even if I just wanted to take down you building I still targeted you.

Still, always sad when innocent people die and it's a great loss when it's people on the ground that are trying to document what is around them.
RT's building has been bombed and a BBC employee's baby killed too.
edit on 18-11-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

why would a BBC employee that had a baby be there in the first place? the muslims for decades now have placed personal, artillery, and rockets in innocent civilians homes and buildings.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

From your source:

By the Israeli army’s own admission, they knew journalists were in the building at which they fired: “We obviously knew there were journalists in the building, so we did not attack other floors in the building. But my advice to journalists visiting Gaza is to stay away from any Hamas position, site or post for their own safety,” army spokesperson Avital Leibovich told the press today (BBC Middle East Bureau Chief Paul Danahar recorded her admission).
This isn't targeting the journalists. Even the author of the article (which doesn't appear to be a news article, but an opinion piece) says "in the building at which they fired." Saying that it was the building they wanted to get rid of, not the journalists.

How is what you say any different from Timothy McVeigh saying something like, "I knew kids were in the building, but I was not targeting the kids. I was targeting the Government building. My advise is keep your kids away from Government buildings."?

different?...because the government building wasn't firing rockets at timothy mcveigh

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

If I blew your house up and I knew you were in it I think it could be said that even if I just wanted to take down you building I still targeted you.

Still, always sad when innocent people die and it's a great loss when it's people on the ground that are trying to document what is around them.

yup, stupid people are present in every organization
here's a clue....when that hamas leader guy was taken out, and then the hamas started firing MORE rockets at israel...that was the time to leave

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
DONT KNOW WHY IS THE WHOLE KILLING OF PALESTINIANS,THEY ARE LIKE SITTING DUCKS...ISRAEL STARTED TO BLOCK ANY HUMANITARIAN AID THIS YEAR FROM EUROPE,THEY DROP WHITE SULFUR BOMBS AT SCHOOLS,THERES ALOT MORE NUMBER OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN KILLED BY ISRAEL,ACCORDING TO A LATIN AMERICAN FEED THEY DO IT SO PALESTINE DONT HAVE ANY MORE FIGTHING FORCES,THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY DOING.......A PLAIN MASSACRE.CHEMICAL WEAPONS ARE PROHIBITED BY UN COUNCIL.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

I also think they're the synagogue of Satan, but there is some good people there too, Satan can't control everyone. Hopefully this wont escalate. I concede that your point hold more merit than mine does. I'm being falsely optimistic, I realise that. Apologies.

Maybe this is the end times.......

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

War is Hell...Quit sending the rockets into Israel and the bombing will stop...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I find this very interesting. Something you usually don't get to see.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
What gets me, is this Jjw dude the other night on RT news goes:

"Yeah we might be killing civilians, but it's acceptable because of the casualty percentage being not as high as other civilan casualty percentages in other bombings".....

WTF

and the dude wholeheartedly believed what he was saying was acceptable - the News Reporter was like " WTF"...

booooooo......jews!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The more people that are "martyred" the more new recruits you can get. Why wouldn't they keep firing rockets, prompting an uneven response and outrage for the people getting bombed.

It's just the good business of running an endless campaign.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by MrWendal

From your source:

different?...because the government building wasn't firing rockets at timothy mcveigh

this building wasnt launching rockets either

"“The Israeli army bombed Al-Shoroq Tower (or the “Journalists’ Tower”) in Gaza City. The 15-story building housed both local Arab and international media agencies such as Al Arabiya, Al Quds TV, Sky News, France 24, and Russia TV."

all hamas had there was a communications antenna

the reasoning probably having to do less with using the media building as a shield and more to do with it being an obviously ideal location for transmissions (which is why it was being used by palestinian and international media)

you may want to consider reading articles before commenting on them
edit on 19-11-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Thank you for the good advice, I followed it.

all hamas had there was a communications antenna

you may want to consider reading articles before commenting on them

abcnews.go.com...

An Israeli strike on a Gaza City high-rise today has killed one of the top militant leaders of Islamic Jihad, the Palestinian militant group said.

The second strike in two days on the downtown Gaza City building that houses the Hamas TV station, Al Aqsa, has killed Ramez Harb, who is a leading figure in Al Quds Brigades militant wing, according to a text message Islamic Jihad sent to reporters.
All they had was an antenna?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

if you read that article you would see that its talking about a different strike
it does mention that the building"house the offices of Hamas and international media outlets, injuring at least six journalists. "
which i had not seen mentioned before i also find it odd that this "Ramez Harb" stayed in the building considering that the building was bombed the previous day"
it doesnt really make sense to take out communications before an attack in this case because the initial bombing could have solved the problem..... also strange that this man is the only confirmed fatality of the airstrike when there were in fact other people in the building

the whole thing seems very off

you also have this disturbing response to the situation

"Gilad Sharon, son of former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, took to the Jerusalem Post op-ed page today to call for Israel to "flatten all of Gaza."

"There is no middle path here, either the Gazans and their infrastructure are made to pay the price, or we reoccupy the entire Gaza Strip," he wrote.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held cabinet meetings in Jerusalem Sunday, saying, Israel is "prepared to significantly expand the operation."

which illustrates that to israels leadership this isnt all about taking out military targets

thank you for the information i hadnt seen that before and it could very well be that the idf is trying the best they can to minimize casualties and i would love to believe that
but the whole situation makes me very very skeptical of that

edit on 19-11-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Dear sirhumperdink,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Imagine that, we are having a discussion about Gaza with no one jumping in and yelling. My hat's off to you.

You're absolutely right, there were two different strikes.

i also find it odd that this "Ramez Harb" stayed in the building considering that the building was bombed the previous day"
You're right again, unless he believed in the "lightning doesn't strike twice" theory.

it doesnt really make sense to take out communications before an attack in this case because the initial bombing could have solved the problem..... also strange that this man is the only confirmed fatality of the airstrike when there were in fact other people in the building
I agree. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to completely detroy Hamas' presence there and somehow didn't manage it the first time. Or maybe they got word that "Ramez Harb" had gone in and they were going after him and not so much the building. But I really don't know.

you also have this disturbing response to the situation

"Gilad Sharon, son of former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, took to the Jerusalem Post op-ed page today to call for Israel to "flatten all of Gaza."

"There is no middle path here, either the Gazans and their infrastructure are made to pay the price, or we reoccupy the entire Gaza Strip," he wrote.
"Disturbing" is an understatement. I'm hoping that the son of a former Prime Minister has little effect on policy and know little about it. Sort of like Chelsea Clinton giving an interview.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held cabinet meetings in Jerusalem Sunday, saying, Israel is "prepared to significantly expand the operation."
which illustrates that to israels leadership this isnt all about taking out military targets
I can only hope his words don't mean switching to civilian targets, but only stepping up the pace of attacks on military targets.

Anyway, thanks again, nice talking to you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdinki also find it odd that this "Ramez Harb" stayed in the building considering that the building was bombed the previous day"

I'm guessing that a very small warhead was used for the purpose of shredding the dishes and toppling the towers/antennae. At least one of the highest antennae was still standing in the post raid pictures I've seen from the first strike. They are pretty resilient.

It seems likely Mr. Harb and his associates were using the comm facilities to coordinate with other militants before the strike. The antennae still standing drew a repeat performance after BDA and/or someone transmitted something from the building. Perhaps they jury-rigged a fix post-strike. Or were in the process of attempting this. If Harb (who was seemingly known to the IDF as a public figure in al Qud) himself transmitted something from the building, he'd become a high-priority target when the IAF was running out of targets.

There was several hours of warning before the first attack. Everyone without essential (read "martial") business had plenty of time to bug out -- which is why the casualty count is so low and no foreigners were injured in this raid. It seems likely to me that the people in the building were there up to no good and at their own risk.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

Originally posted by sirhumperdinki also find it odd that this "Ramez Harb" stayed in the building considering that the building was bombed the previous day"

I'm guessing that a very small warhead was used for the purpose of shredding the dishes and toppling the towers/antennae. At least one of the highest antennae was still standing in the post raid pictures I've seen from the first strike. They are pretty resilient.

It seems likely Mr. Harb and his associates were using the comm facilities to coordinate with other militants before the strike. The antennae still standing drew a repeat performance after BDA and/or someone transmitted something from the building. Perhaps they jury-rigged a fix post-strike. Or were in the process of attempting this. If Harb (who was seemingly known to the IDF as a public figure in al Qud) himself transmitted something from the building, he'd become a high-priority target when the IAF was running out of targets.

all conjecture

and there were more people in the building than just ramez harb so it seems kind of a freak coincidence that he would be the only fatality
edit on 20-11-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
think the intentional bombing of media is so the communications will be shut down and forced into the arms of the USAID/Anonymous so all communications can run through TOR exit relays funded and ran by the US government. This will allow the US to pick up any communication that is done by Hamas to another country Syria/Iran in order to justify a invasion. The US is also playing the other side through the US controlled Egyptian President who lived in California and his family lives in California his two sons are in college in California. Hell he even taught at two different colleges himself in California. He is talking to Hamas.

But if things don't seem to be connected like Israel says will the US come down hard on Israel? Will justice prevail in the end no matter which way it falls?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
all conjecture

Of course. I used a lot of words like " I'm guessing... ", "It seems likely...", and "Perhaps..." to indicate that.

and there were more people in the building than just ramez harb so it seems kind of a freak coincidence that he would be the only fatality
edit on 20-11-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

Maybe he was in his office, and they put it through his window? You're right -- it seems a bit of coincidence that he was the only guy killed.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

and ALL of Gaza is?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join