It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli spokesperson admits to targeting journalists in Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

Oh yeah, I was thinking a baby and journalists were killed in the strike but news of a baby being killed again by IDF is unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
Very simple really, would you just simply lay down and die because someone wanted your land, water, other natural resources? If they never fired another rocket, would their land stop being taken?

Remember, there are no rockets coming out of the West Bank. Yet the illegal Israeli occupation there continues and so does the ethnic cleansing, the land theft, the illegal settlements, the colonization, the demolition of Palestinian homes, the throttling of the economy, the abduction and 'administrative detention' of civilians and the massive interference with freedom of movement. Nothing has changed for West Bank Palestinians who DO NOT FIRE ROCKETS. And there is no sign of an end to their torment.
Does anyone seriously think it’s about rockets?

I did actually hint that I may feel differently if I was in their shoes and I did not say it would stop the taking of land, resources or stop the wall being built. But it would help with International pressure and acceptance of Palestine in international communities which is about the only way they can succeed in their struggle for freedom.

They have attempted this before but Israel carried right on and so it really didn't last long enough to have the desired effect and I also think that perhaps the world wasn't ready for it then.

Still it was just more of a wonder. Whats important is whats happening now, on the ground.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Ben81

Let's not pretend Hamas doesn't use civilians as shields but the fact Israel is still killing innocents is absolutely deplorable. Lemme guess, that house strike was because they were after a Hamas target? The IDF will take out innocent civilians in hopes of making a strike on a target and that's disgusting. America does this too and I'm sure other Gov't/Military do as well and this crap has got to stop! These constant wars, conflicts, battles, attacks, when is enough enough?

Hope you dont mather me copying your post from the other thread

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by DerekJR321

It's all good. All I'm doing is elaborating the IDF perspective. I've recently learned that this IDF strike on the antenna did in fact result in the deaths of innocent people, baby included, and they knew these people were in the building yet they struck it anyway. So I'm done with the IDF perspective. Curse them. Now that I think about it, why not strike the damn antenna after hours?

Curse them and curse Hamas.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

You are on the good direction mate

but i curse more the IDF then Hamas
one step at a time

edit on 11/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
From your source:

By the Israeli army’s own admission, they knew journalists were in the building at which they fired: “We obviously knew there were journalists in the building, so we did not attack other floors in the building. But my advice to journalists visiting Gaza is to stay away from any Hamas position, site or post for their own safety,” army spokesperson Avital Leibovich told the press today (BBC Middle East Bureau Chief Paul Danahar recorded her admission).
This isn't targeting the journalists. Even the author of the article (which doesn't appear to be a news article, but an opinion piece) says "in the building at which they fired." Saying that it was the building they wanted to get rid of, not the journalists.

Why didnt you say that right away !!!11

So they only wanted to bomb the building and not the people that were in there so they just went ahead and bombed it.

That must make it ok then.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Dear b14warrior,

If this is off-topic feel free to notify the Mods or just ignore it.

From where we are, no looking back, where do we go from here? It's pretty clear that if Hamas keeps firing, Israel will too, and a ground invasion is likely. What happens if Hamas stops shooting? For that matter, why don't they stop shooting? Israel is pretty much blowing up anything they want to and Hamas can't stop it. Hamas' missiles aren't doing them any good. And in the propaganda war Hamas has been caught at least a couple of times showing fake casualties to the press.

What is Hamas getting out of this besides the death of it's own people? Are they trying to earn some kind of street cred with the Muslim world? How can they think that what they are doing is either smart or right?

With respect,
Charles1952

Israel has using WWII as a crown propaganda piece ever since WWII and lots of fake news and lies have been spread by them for decades. Why pretend any different?

And what else do you expect, just because Israel got their military power handed to them by the U.S (Including and the U.N (including israel itself) does not mean that palestinians should just meekly stand by the side of the road and watch them take the rest does it ?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by charles1952

Either way there were innocent journalists in there and the IDF knew it.

That is WHY Hamas was there too.......

I am not sure if you understand exactly what that means. Hamas is the elected party. Israel saying that it is your own fault that your kids got blown up or journalist got blown up because they were near Hamas is a bit of a cop out to be honest isn't it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

Dear Rubic0n,

I must not be communicating very well.

Israel has using WWII as a crown propaganda piece ever since WWII and lots of fake news and lies have been spread by them for decades. Why pretend any different?
As far as I can tell, that has nothing to do with anything I've said, unless you're referring to the fact that Hamas has been caught twice, recently, showing fake casualties.

And what else do you expect, just because Israel got their military power handed to them by the U.S (Including and the U.N (including israel itself) does not mean that palestinians should just meekly stand by the side of the road and watch them take the rest does it ?
What difference does it make where their wapons came from? And yes, if I'm walking along a road by myself, and a main battle tank and four gunships pop up, darn right I'm going to stand there meekly.

Hamas is responsible for the missiles being launched into Israel. Israel decided not to "just meekly stand by" so they started targeting, very precisely, Hamas military personnel and activities. They then announced that if anyone wanted to be standing by a Hamas leader or governmental installation, they should really consider finding another location.

Pursuant on that announcement they took out a Hamas communication facility. Apparently some people thought the warning didn't apply to them, and they were injured. If Hamas continues to place missile launching sites within a block or two of schools and playgrounds, is it Israel's fault or Hamas' when a kid gets hurt?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I've just run across an interesting story. It reports the words of Fathi Hamad, Hamas Interior Minister in Gaza. These come from a video which is a few years old, but seems to be relevant still.

“For the Palestinian people, death has become an industry, at which women excel, and so do all the people living on this land. The elderly excel at this, and so do the mujahideen and the children. This is why they have formed human shields of the women, the children, the elderly, and the mujahideen, in order to challenge the Zionist bombing machine. It is as if they were saying to the Zionist enemy: ‘We desire death like you desire life.’”

The phrase “Industry of Death” is all too accurate and is an admission of the tactics of Hamas and Fatah. That is what we are seeing on the ground in Gaza.

Human shields does not just refer to a policy of using civilians as cover in firefights, but to deliberately planting civilians, including children, in locations likely to be targeted in order to manufacture atrocities. We will be seeing more and more of that as this conflict progresses.
The video is embedded in the article.
frontpagemag.com...

If this is their policy, I can see every reason to label Hamas as war criminals on the scale of the great monsters of history. They would have no right to criticize any nation for immoral behavior ever again. If this is true, I would strongly urge the destruction of Hamas and anyone making this policy possible.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is a case of terrorists fighting terrorists.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
this place is going downhill, they didn't admit to targeting journos !

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
B u l l s h i t....

It was very convinient for them there was a supposed Hamas communications system on that building.
They targeted this site because it serves as a place to report unbiased to the world instead of the BS we are getting fed from the zionist controlled media.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Can someone please point to the part in the article, or anywhere, where the IDF/Israeli spokesperson 'admits to targeting journalists' please?

I can only see this quote in the linked article.

By the Israeli army’s own admission, they knew journalists were in the building at which they fired: “We obviously knew there were journalists in the building, so we did not attack other floors in the building. But my advice to journalists visiting Gaza is to stay away from any Hamas position, site or post for their own safety,” army spokesperson Avital Leibovich told the press today (BBC Middle East Bureau Chief Paul Danahar recorded her admission).

Which isn't what the thread title says.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

naval shelling. they are firing naval shells into the most densely populated strip of land on earth. and then they say they don't target civilians.

and no one says anything. where the f*** is obama. is he afraid of steven spielberg. this is a massacre. this is a war crime.

what is going on in this planet.

the people in gaza only have two options. accept the occupation or be massacred.

edit on 19-11-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Unbelievable...

One day, I am watching as a representative from the Israeli Ministry of Defense is speaking on the RT (Russia Today) News channel about how their attacks are "laser precision". Then RT cut to a piece where several civilian casualties were being picked up from the rubble, bleeding to death. They were obviously residential buildings. Then they cut back live to the Israeli Ministry of Defense representative who was first a bit surprised to be put on the spot and was asked, what he thought about that. He paused for a second at a loss, and then responded that Hamas was moving civilians to these target areas. Well to me, it looked like they lived there all along.

Anyway the next day, with their 'laser precision', Israel deliberately targeted a building where international journalists were staying which included the RT journalist headquarters. They showed footage as the RT journalists scrambled for cover as the missiles hit their building and rubble was falling on their heads.

Also interestingly, this Israeli Ministry of Defense representative clearly had a British accent.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n

From your source:

This isn't targeting the journalists. Even the author of the article (which doesn't appear to be a news article, but an opinion piece) says "in the building at which they fired." Saying that it was the building they wanted to get rid of, not the journalists.

Why didnt you say that right away !!!11

So they only wanted to bomb the building and not the people that were in there so they just went ahead and bombed it.

That must make it ok then.

We knew there were journalists in the building so we only bombed certain floors... lol.

How considerate.

We didn't want to bomb the journalists, only the building they were staying in..

edit on 19-11-2012 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hamas is playing the victim role and endangering their own people.
They fired on Israel repeatedly, knowing that they were putting their citizens in danger, because eventually Israel would retaliate to protect its own citizens.
Hamas hides behind citizens, putting its military resources near mosques and journalism buildings and other citizens.
If Hamas really wanted to protect their citizens, they would not do this.

Hamas WANTS their citizens to die, so that they can demonize Israel.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well it would appear as though they're trying to make Ezekiel 38: 39 come to fruition. It certainly appears that way at the moment.

Look for Damascus to become a ruinous heap and then you'll know that things are getting seriously Biblical. Hamas is just as bad as the Zionists using Israel as their tool of war, instead of the city of God (which it is) to denigrate her image worldwide. I can only assume this is intentional. The synagogue of Satan is succeeding in dividing world opinion and setting Israel up for mass tragedy and judgement. Support Israel as a nation but NOT her leaders for they are the synagogue of Satan. Those who call themselves Jews but who are not Jews, but are instead the synagogue of Satan. They certainly act that way.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
Hamas is playing the victim role and endangering their own people.
They fired on Israel repeatedly, knowing that they were putting their citizens in danger, because eventually Israel would retaliate to protect its own citizens.
Hamas hides behind citizens, putting its military resources near mosques and journalism buildings and other citizens.
If Hamas really wanted to protect their citizens, they would not do this.

Hamas WANTS their citizens to die, so that they can demonize Israel.

Mind you, they are trying to defend what tiny piece of land they have left of what used to be Palestine.

Somebody recently posted this great image:
www.freedomsphoenix.com...

Sort of looks like the remaining native American Indian territories in the United States.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

they are bombing the media in Gaza in the hope that they leave so they can slaughter and flatten Gaza without any living witnesses ,,

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

I don't think it's quite that sinister. They (the Israeli's) know that information will always get out, no matter how tight the controls are. The objective may be sinister but I don't think it's quite that dark.

Hamas has done a splendid job in garnering support though through, sometimes, misplaced empathy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join