It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in the sky - The Orange UFO Mystery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

How about this one?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ninetysixufo

The Orange Fireball was my first UFO experience, +-30 years ago.

Early evening, bout 7-8pm, i walked across the road to borrow a video, or give back a video to my friend and i caught this orange ball hovering high up in the sky. Ran back inside and got my mother, she came out to look. We ended up standing in the middle of our street just gazing at this orange light. I cannot remember how long it stood still, just hovering, exactly. Definitely for a few of minutes as my friend joined in couple of minutes later.

That's what sparked my interest of the unknown.

In 2005 i had another, triangle shaped. Still posted the photos of that one on ATS back then.

But, i remember the 80's being the "orange fireball decade" in South Africa. People saw it over the years in various places over here. Especially in Johannesburg. My brother, who's 13 years older than me, and his wife also spotted the fireball while driving on a different evening. Today, in his opinion it was a chopper that was hovering. I have too leaned towards that explanation and "accepted" it, almost as fact.

Thing is, my soul tells me different.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: grammar

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

i don't have time to read your thread, but just wanted to tell you I saw an orange orb manifest for me the other night and got it on video!

It was golf ball sized, appeared bigger on video, and was transparent. I got a glimpse of it with both eyes, while manifesting, and was able to see it was flying just above the trees and not up high like my 2D videos can only display.

Hope you like it. I will bookmark your thread. Peace.

edit on 19-11-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

These objects are simply unexplainable but it's difficult to leave it that way, we have to find out more.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SuspendedBelief

Wow that's really odd? What could it be? Great video.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Thanks. Visit the video page and click on my username to see all my orb videos. I don't want to post anymore links to my website, don't want to make the admins mad.

Find them on this post on my thread here

Peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Something I notice in a lot of these videos is that when one of these lights is being filmed, there are smaller objects around it that seem to strobe.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I've been thinking about making a thread on the Orange Orb phenomenon. I posted the nz ufo site as evidence of all the orange orb sightings! I also posted my experience with an orange orb a couple of years ago in Auckland.

"I was on the summit of a range of mountains in my town. I was there with my friend. We were sitting in the car at about 8 or 830pm. There were no clouds in sight. Friend was looking up at the stars and asks me, "Whats that?". It took me about 5 seconds to get in position to see what they saw.

What I saw was an intense orb of orange light. There was no sound, and the light refraction seemed static... as in, it wasn't a typical light that you see twinkling in the atmosphere. it just gave the impression of being in the upper atmosphere or even above it/in space. It didn't move in a straight line either, it moved like it was an insect in the wind, slight variations in its course(I later wondered if it was maneuvering around space debris). It traveled across at least half of the sky, and when it had reached about halfway, it suddenly accelerated, and arced up/away from us, in two distinctly noticeable bounds, and disappeared into the background of space within less then a second. The acceleration was mind boggling. It didn't travel in a direction exactly away from us, on the angle we saw it, it really gave them impression that it went the bleakness of space very far away. It also became smaller as it sped off, reinforcing that impression of it actually traveling far away, as opposed to being an event taking place solely in the upper atmosphere.

As soon as we observed it do this, we became very verbal, shouting, "What the f**k was that?!", over and over... I immediately turned on the car and left, we both felt fear."

I'm just as curious as you. I constantly watch the sky now. I saved some of the reports from vietnam describing orange orbs doing crazy stuff. WHAT ARE THEY!?

I feel quite lucky to have had this sighting, most people just see orange orbs.. I saw an orange orb apparently go "light-speed" into space. Totally #ing mind blowing.

edit on 19-11-2012 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninetysixufo
This footage was taken on the 2nd of August.

This report was made on the 4th of August to UFOCUSNZ website.

Date: Saturday 4th August 2012
Time: 6:15pm
Features/characteristics: several orange/red lights
Description:
Starlit night with a few clouds and no wind. Duration of sightings approximately 3 minutes.
The prime witness initially noticed an orange/red light in the sky and initially thought it was an unusually bright view of Venus. However the light was twice the size and brightness of Venus, and was slowly moving up from the horizon, so he thought that it may have been an aircraft.
He then noticed a second similar light to the left of the first, and thought the lights were too close to be aircraft. Within a few more seconds, 3 more similar lights came into view over the northern horizon, estimated to be some 30km distant. He called his brother and wife and son outside to look. It became clear to the witnesses that they were not viewing aircraft, as the lights were pulsating orange (not flashing) and made no noise as they moved slowly north. Four of the lights suddenly disappeared or became obscured by cloud, but did not reflect any light on the clouds. Only one visible light was left, and this last light soon disappeared in a similar manner. The witness then telephoned a friend who lived in the same street to describe what he had seen, and while on the phone they both witnessed one more similar object come over the horizon and vanish in the same manner.
All lights moved slowly along the same flight path, and maintained the same size and brilliancy throughout the sighting period. They left no tails, and the witness was positive that the lights were not Chinese lanterns as they were too bright and too far distant.
edit on 18-11-2012 by ninetysixufo because: Source URL

Hi ninetysixufo,
The Gut posted this Auckland UFO video in SuspendedBelief threads i thought i'd drop by and comment on it and post some photos of UFO's over the White House during the 1952 flap which may be of interest to you.

First i have to be honest about the Auckland 'UFO' video its looks like an airplane - the orange lights are the same colour as the streetlights in Auckland this usually indicates something man-made.
Secondly at 4.40 mark onwards you can see white strobing lights consistent with an aircarft and i have to ask why did the shooter stop filming at 6.07 and not until the object was out of sight ?
Sorry but this just screams aircraft to me...but this is just my opinion.

Anyway heres some photos of UFOs over the White House in 1952 .The Gut thought you might be interested in seeing these.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Like Semipaw, I have never posted here, but felt compelled to, and, hopefully I can add a few more details, to any grey areas, thanks to Google maps, and Shdak, for giving me the idea.

It was around 11.30 at night, on the run up to Christmas, around 1980, I was with my wife. The sky was clear, and the stars were out, as we looked across the Valley of Ramsbottom, in Lancashire, UK we saw a sun sized reddish orange enormous orb.

It moved slowly, deliberately, and made no sound.

It was right next to a famous landmark, Peel Tower, on Holcombe Hill, the orb was wider than the tower, and the tower was around 18 ft wide, as shown on Google maps below.

The orb would have been 30 to 40 feet wide in my estimation.

I was watching from 1.51 miles away, on the other side of a valley.

I watched, in awe for about 15 minutes, as it rose up, moved slightly from side to side, and forwards and backwards. It got to around half way up the tower, then it seemed to lock into place, and it was almost as if it were transmitting a signal right over my head.

It stayed still for around 10 minutes like this.

It was a completely dull light, absolutely un-natural, and artificial in origin, it had no highlights, no edges, just one solid colour of orangey red light that would best be described as led light nowadays, but they were not around then.

In fact, had a cloaking device malfunctioned, and got the time wrong by about 7 hours, this would have been a very similar size, colour, and in the same area of sky, as the setting sun.

My logic told me that it was not spherical, because of the flatness of the appearance, but I have no way of proving that.

I certainly got the feeling that I was being watched, although I felt no fear, more a belittling, in the presence of a real super power.

Then it rose up, high above the tower, with more speed, went backwards, and went down, beyond the horizon.

Now there is a bit more to add, to keep you all in the loop.

A few years ago, I was reminiscing with my son, about my UFO experience, when he said, "which one?"

It turns out that he says he was with me once, when an orange orb appeared, very nearby, and I went over to see it. He said I was gone for a few hours, and he was getting quite scared, however, I have no memory of this event, and I am also one of those that cannot be hypnotised.

And finally, when I was driving West to East, at sunset, one winters day, around 10 years ago, I caught a momentary glimpse of the setting sun in my wing mirror.

It instantly took me back to the memory of the Peel Tower encounter, but, this time, it filled me with fear.

I am so glad to see others have seen what appears to be the same thing, although it is a little strange that we are all in the same forum, almost a "close encounters of the 3rd kind" bringing together type of event.

Over the years, I have heard all the parachute flares, and, more recently, Chinese lantern theories, which, quite frankly are a joke.

I cannot say that the object I saw was man made, but I can say, without a shadow of doubt, that is was manufactured, and highly technological.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Great thread op I'm loving all these accounts
I too have had a few encounters with these OBOL and these accounts have brought a few up in my memory

2009 was a hot year for sightings in my area Sunderland Tyne & Wear an area what has had a few UFO sightings over time, this is one of my experiences.

On a calm night while working a night shift at the nissan plant I saw a orange ball of light slowly moving directly south on line with where I was standing, at first I figured it was a aircraft or a big satallite and since I just started my 15min break I figured I might as well have a sarnie and watch it the time was 12 midnight.
After about 10 minutes it was directly above me by this time I could see it was not anything I've seen before it was too large about the size of a plastic BB at arms length, about the size of Venus at winter on crisp nights so it was easily seen. This is when it got a bit weird the UFO stopped moving there was also no sound so it was not a helicoper the light was soft and bright too not a spotlight of a heli, the object started softly pulsing too and appeared to be moving higher as it was getting smaller.

It was also still in the same spot 3 hours later too for a while when on my dinner break, this is one of my favourite sightings as it got me researching the topic of UFO's I also found out later that a few people saw this particular ball.

I think that these things can read your mind or something I swear when I saw it stop moving Isaid in my mind "If your what I think you are hang around for a bit, I'd love to show you to my good friend" which I got the chance to do at about 3.20am, it dissapeared soon after I just couldn't see it anymore.
Also their was a helicopter in the area at about 3am I couldn't see it but it was loud as hell was in and out within 5 minutes I say in and out because it seemed like it landed about 50meters away which was impossible.

I also have a few more ball experiences and one that was a bit like a dancing flare me and a freind saw while drinking a lot of red wine one night, I'll write about them later

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
One can check the NUFORC data bank......the orange UFO deal was all over southeast asia for several days before the Sumatra quake.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It was a completely dull light, absolutely un-natural, and artificial in origin, it had no highlights, no edges, just one solid colour of orangey red light that would best be described as led light nowadays, but they were not around then.
reply to post by Watchfull

That, too, is exactly how I would describe the object I saw in 1989. A dull, orange glowing light with no other defining characteristics. No blinking lights, no windows, and completely silent.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Watchfull

I am so glad to see others have seen what appears to be the same thing, although it is a little strange that we are all in the same forum, almost a "close encounters of the 3rd kind" bringing together type of event.

I have thought the same thing many times...

You are just the first I have heard to voice it.

Nice Thread OP....S&F

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
OP excellent thread!!!

I too have seen the same phenomena. The object I saw almost looked exactly lie the Pigeon Lake photo on page two of this thread.

It was late 80's I was 10 or so. Maybe a little older. My family were visiting Mayan ruins in the Yucatan. One night (early morning 2AMish) I woke up and looked out the window of the motel road side in we were staying at for the night. We were on the second floor (all the rooms were) and if you looked out the window you would be just slightly above eye level with the canopy of the jungle.

So I look out this window (i felt compelled to) and from left to right I see a glowing ball of light about 400 yards away traveling at about 180-200mph 15 feet or so above the canopy. It was dead silent, went in a straight line and was the exact same shape and color as the photo I referenced. The object appeared to be about 15-20 feet in diameter and although it was glowing I could tell that it was solid and maybe metallic looking.

It was bright enough to light up the trees below it and I could see startled birds flying out of the trees as it passed.

It couldn't have been a plane. There were no airports around and the highways there can't be used for drug runners doing smuggling runs because every hundred feet or so on the highway they posted these telephone poles with no wires on them to stop aircraft from landing.

So I have no idea what this thing was. But it really didn't feel like it was human in design. ANother interesting fact was that we were shacked up in a village a few miles away from Palenque the ruins we were visiting earlier in the day.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by The GUT

I was going to say that in the main, they could be just lanterns, but your tale is different. Was there any weathering going on at the time? For instance I have seen ball lightning, it has the same colour as a lantern in the night sky, but is very noisy, moves quickly and is very observable as opposed to brightness

You're pretty lucky to have seen ball lightning, smurfy.

In my case the weather was clear and no noise as far as we could tell and it was pretty huge.

I've read a lot about ball lightning over the years trying to figure out if our sighting could've been some extreme case, but I haven't found any description that comes close, though I have found some reports that claim BL can last longer than the usual seconds.

How close was the BL to you and how long did it last?

It was not much more than a few hundred feet up at about 80° from my viewpoint, so not quite overhead, it was orange to fiery red, round with filaments shooting off it, like a fireball and not like a plasma ball which is the general idea of ball lightning. It occurred right after a massive lightning strike and an immediate earth shaking thunderclap. It flew past swiftly from west to east, until it went out of sight, after about ten seconds in my view. You could say it made a crackling sound, but it was actually more like the gagging sound a small dog would make when its jaws are wide open trying to tackle a bone that's far too big.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninetysixufo
This footage was taken on the 2nd of August.

Gonna give this one attention because: Congratulations! The video is NOT fake and NOT CGI.

What it is NOT:
- chinese lanterns or flares (it doesn't move, stays static, doesn't lose the brightness)
- satellite or stars (duh)

What it may be:

Well.. I was starting b-n the two lights and there looked to me like a blinking of light, which is typical for airplanes and helicopters or even military fighters, any reason to exclude those?

If not, then congrats it passed the UFO criteria, it is not parachutists for sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Another time I saw the same phenomena was mid august 2009 at about 7:30pm

The sky was full with broken low laying clouds but other than that a warm sunny daywith many breaks by the clouds, I naturally always look at the sky and on this day I saw 2 UFOs.
The first one I saw was passing through the clouds from north to south going pretty fast it seemed fairly small and not that high up either and was glowing an electric blue colour, as I noticed this I stopped my peddle bike and said to the guy I was riding with "look at that it's a f****ing UFO. To my suprise he turned and said hurry up there is no such thing, a bit angry at this statement I gave it one more good look tarting through the clouds after about 20 seconds the second ball came into sight going east to west but much higher and this was glowing a dull but clear red it was also moving slower than the other one.

This is one of the more weird sightings as I have never heard of different coloured balls being seen at the same time, it seemed to me like they were surveying the land, moving at a steady constant pace. I also know from looking it up that the red ball was seen west of me later in the day near a place called Stanley about 20-30 miles west of my location with also more sightings throughout the NE England
edit on 19-11-2012 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is fantastic! So many accounts. The details all seem to be similar. I am interested in the "lost time" component to some of these accounts. It seems that this is becoming a common theme to these sightings. Abduction or something else? It is very intriguing as to what these may be. Space aliens, interdimensional beings or humans to name but a few. Keep your experiences coming!
edit on 19-11-2012 by ninetysixufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anomalie

It certainly could be a commercial aircraft, the lights are consistant with that theory, my only question would be, why doesnt it fly over? The pictures of the objects over the whitehouse are intriguing, they closely resemble the Upper Hutt video. Very interesting!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join