It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You need God not preps

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jrtallent

Not necessarily required, but I'm thinking service to others is a healthier choice. We've done the service to self bit for a little too long, and we have to learn eventually no matter which path we take. It all converges just before the Grand Reunion.

I'd rather not be a part of a negative harvest.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Everything you just said its called...reality. I could die right now fall down dead boom and it had nothing whatsoever to do with God. S*** just happens, wrong place wrong time. Your best to just look after yourself instead of hoping a God will do it for you.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Be careful, OP, you're going into "if you're mortally injured, you need to pray, not call 911" territory. I'm sure you're not suggesting entering catastrophe with an empty cabinet and no water, but the thread title implies otherwise. How seriously could a first-time reader of your thread post take what you have to say after reading that? It's reckless advice at best.

edit on 19-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

Well sure, and if you still die, either you didn't believe strongly enough, or it was just God's will, and you should be thankful for the opportunity to have fulfilled it.

Seriously, God does provide wonderful opportunities for us, but saving our neck at every little inconvenience does nothing to help us evolve. God blessed us with our intellect and resources, and it is up to us to make the best of them. Deciding not to prep is kind of like deciding not to wear a jacket in the snow, or deciding not to eat.

I don't like the fake quote about "God helps those who help themselves." Personally, I think God helped all that was needed when we were born into this world. Everything after that is up to us.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Can you prove that's a fake quote? And do you have scripture to verify that last sentence? If scripture is all that counts for truth in this thread, then let's see it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by darkhorserider

Can you prove that's a fake quote? And do you have scripture to verify that last sentence? If scripture is all that counts for truth in this thread, then let's see it.

The quote is real from Ben Franklin, and apparently from others even before Franklin, but it doesn't appear anywhere in the Bible. The closest the Bible comes is in Proverbs, but the majority of the Bible says exactly the opposite. God doesn't want you helping yourself, he wants your undivided faith in him alone (according to at least a dozen passages in the Bible.)

I can't quote a source, because every source I try is blocked from my work computer. I'll try to find you one this evening. You an google it yourself and find all the sources you want. Just google the phrase "God helps those who help themselves."

As for scripture supporting my personal view, the answer is no. My personal view is often in contrast with the Christian Bible. I don't call myself a Christian, although I do believe Jesus Christ was an historical figure, and a wonderful teacher, but my views on spirituality are much broader than just Christianity. The last part of my post was my personal opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Then why did he tell Noah to build an ark instead of creating a magic bubble around him?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
I hate to sound like a religious person but the universal fact is that you need to get close with the Maker if you want any real chance of survival. He alone decides where you will be at the time TSHTF. For all you know you could be 1000 miles away from your stockpile and never reach it. What if you panic and you can't find your bug out bag. So many what if's and you cannot possible plan contingency for all of them. Even if you carry your bug out bag with you at all times what if you leave it in the the burger king bathroom? You have no idea what is coming down the river at all. What if that there is no big tragedy which you can use your skills and materials. and nothing happens for decades until the day God forbid you die. You will have wasted your life on nothingness. My suggestion is for a small prep bag and give the rest to charity. Your heart tells you that this is true.

Noah was a prepper. Nuff said.
Yes, we do know what is comming down the river. At least, those of us who are well informed.
There will be a big tragedy. Corp US will make sure of it. They've gotten good at it.
My suggestion is for a small prep bag and give the rest to charity Good thing you weren't a victim of Sandy. The preppers did much better than those who were not prepared. Granted, you can't prep for everything, but there's no harn in trying. Think of it as an investment. When the "dollar" becomes worthless and you can't afford food, etc, what are you going to do? Oh, yeah, I know, you'll go attack those of us who had the foresight to prepare. I'll eat my preps and close the door to my "ark". It will no doubt become violent. It won't be the first time in history that this has happened.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If there is no need to prepare then does that mean we no longer need to go to church, read the bible or join together in fellowship, after all isn’t that a preparation of ones eternal afterlife?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
reply to post by pellian

Once I have at least 90% proof of someone being there to look after us, I will get close with him. It's like having a tea party with a doll and pretending it's a famous celebrity actress. But if I did that it, I would probably be considered ill.

But I think it's funny that god doesn't give us certainty of his presence. yet he wants us to believe in him. And no other god either. He is very jealous.

If something goes well ''It was god''.
If something goes wrong ''God works in mysterious ways''.

Sure beats me what his agenda is.

I don't see why he has to cause all these conflicts when he has the power to bring peace to the earth. At least he could confirm which religion he belongs to. That would end years and years and years of conflict

He doesn't cause the conflicts. man was given free will. You are experiencing the free will of others and your own. He doesn't belong to a certain religion. He hasn't made Himself known to you you? I have to ask, did you look? Your post seems to tell me you didn't. Or maybe you didn't like what you were shown. I know I didn't. Go back and find out what His "agenda" is.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by pellian
I hate to sound like a religious person but the universal fact is that you need to get close with the Maker if you want any real chance of survival. He alone decides where you will be at the time TSHTF. For all you know you could be 1000 miles away from your stockpile and never reach it. What if you panic and you can't find your bug out bag. So many what if's and you cannot possible plan contingency for all of them. Even if you carry your bug out bag with you at all times what if you leave it in the the burger king bathroom? You have no idea what is coming down the river at all. What if that there is no big tragedy which you can use your skills and materials. and nothing happens for decades until the day God forbid you die. You will have wasted your life on nothingness. My suggestion is for a small prep bag and give the rest to charity. Your heart tells you that this is true.

god has blessed me with the foresight to disagree with you. He has blessed me with the Knowledge to survive and the Insight to know there is a major economic catastrophe heading our way.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Sure beats being blind and dumb.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Peace to you,

You have some good and simple thoughts but not everyone will hear you.

5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood. 1john4:5-6

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentZoil
If there is no need to prepare then does that mean we no longer need to go to church, read the bible or join together in fellowship, after all isn’t that a preparation of ones eternal afterlife?

Nope, once you are saved, you are saved, you can rape and pillage, and it isn't a very good indicator of your saved status, but it is no indicator you are going to hell either. Do whatever you want, just be careful to buy an extra minute or two to repent just before your last gasp.

Obviously most people don't buy into that, but technically with feet to the fire, that is the belief.

By God's grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.

Good works have no place in Christianity, except to be an indicator of who might be saved.

Really, I suppose a person can go to church one time, get baptized, accept Christ, live a life of crime, and say one prayer in the end, and you are more blessed than Ghandi!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by eXia7
I want to believe.

But how come I do really good things for people, and donate spare change to charities, but yet I still have to struggle day to day to survive right now? I'm in a real life survival situation.. why hasn't the one you term "God" assisted me? Perhaps I'm not the most righteous person on the earth, but I'm by far from a malevolent person.

So say I'm in said situation, and I believe in "God" but I still don't get divine intervention like I should?
edit on 11/18/2012 by eXia7 because: forgot 1 key word lol

Proverbs 16:19

Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud.

Matthew 5

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Well, I don't feel very blessed when I have to endure hardship after hardship, despite my ability to try and change the outcomes of my own life.

Where is god when innocent children are killed each and every day via war, or starvation. I just don't see how some higher power can say "its for the greater good for people to suffer and believe in me" than opposed to people who are rich, and don't have many daily struggles. These people claim god helped them succeed, but what about all of the people suffering that DO believe in "god" How come he lets a certain few have success, while others may not? God sounds bias. I have a hard time subscribing to what religion teaches.
edit on 11/18/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

Where is god when innocent children are killed each and every day via war, or starvation. He's right there. He gave man free will. We experience the evil side of free will that was given us. Bad things happen because of this. He told us who rules this world. I also had a hard time believing what religion teaches. That's why I no longer belong to any certain religious cult. Heh, look up 501c3 incorporated church and see who their god is. Jesus is not the Head of these 501c3 churches. They gave Him up. Remember the Grand Delusion? It's a very large encompassing delusion. Some wake up, most won't.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bildo

Where is god when innocent children are killed each and every day via war, or starvation. He's right there. He gave man free will. We experience the evil side of free will that was given us. Bad things happen because of this. He told us who rules this world.

Bullcrap. You people just don't listen. Where an omniscient and omnipotent being exists, free will does not exist. If something happens, it's because it was allowed to happen. It was foreseen and preventable long before the opportunity ever arose, but it still came to pass because it was allowed to. And given his track record of screwing people over when they annoyed him, I sincerely doubt that "God" suddenly found himself unable to interfere in earthly matters.

Therefore, every single act of evil that has ever occurred and ever will occur, occurs with his consent. It's impossible for it to be otherwise, considering he also created the king of evil, along with evil itself. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Wouldn't it be easier if god were to simply prevent ww3????

He gave man free will. Wake up to the lies that are starting WW3. Wake up to the lies that started the other World Wars. Who benefits from these wars? Follow the yellow brick road. (Money trail)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Bildo

Where is god when innocent children are killed each and every day via war, or starvation. He's right there. He gave man free will. We experience the evil side of free will that was given us. Bad things happen because of this. He told us who rules this world.

Bullcrap. You people just don't listen. Where an omniscient and omnipotent being exists, free will does not exist. If something happens, it's because it was allowed to happen. It was foreseen and preventable long before the opportunity ever arose, but it still came to pass because it was allowed to. And given his track record of screwing people over when they annoyed him, I sincerely doubt that "God" suddenly found himself unable to interfere in earthly matters.

Therefore, every single act of evil that has ever occurred and ever will occur, occurs with his consent. It's impossible for it to be otherwise, considering he also created the king of evil, along with evil itself. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

Man can choose evil over good, if he wants to. That's free will. He did not create the king of evil. The "king of evil" was created as "good" but chose to go the other way. God is not unable to interfere. Everything that is happening is mans choice of evil over good. And that will also affect everyone whether they are good or evil.
God did not create evil. Evil itself doesn't exist. Evil is really just a "lack of good".

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

You are correct.

Luke 17:33

Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

That mark will be a choice to take or not take. I already choose to lose my life willingly.

With a misinterpretation like that, it's no wonder some people call Christianity a death cult.
The Bible isn't suggesting that we neglect our sense of self-preservation. The quote is a message about worldly materialism versus living in accordance with the Spirit. Emphasis on the word "living."

edit on 19-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

Right. This is entirely what I said. You must also realize that this verse is speaking of the ultimate culmination of this found within the meaning of the temple sacrifice and the beast that is cleansed. We must overcome. Seeking self is also what defines the first shall be last and the last shall be first. Those who seek pride put themselves first, but will be last in the kingdom. Those who seek humility put themselves last and will be first.

My statements on this topic are consistent with my previous threads and posts. To catch you up, the mark of the beast is Carbon and also the mark of mankind (6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons). Selfishness is ultimately the express of that mark at the root meaning. Here is the verse that verifies.

By stating what I did, I was saying, "I willingly give up these vain pursuits for the truth of humility.

2 Timothy 3:2-4

“For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents (6), unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control (6), brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God” (6).

There are three sets of six markers that identify the mark of those who are selfish. This is tied to the root of the problem when we took from the fruit of knowledge. Revelation 13 then shows us the marker of that root in Carbon and the petrol dollar system of commerce. Ultimately, this will show itself in the Carbon Trade system as the new reserve currency under UNESCO.

When the money system fails, we will all need to make a choice. Do we take the new mark and seek our own life or do we willingly place our trust in God and walk away from Babylon? You can insult if you like, but I am telling you the bigger picture.

edit on 19-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bildo

Man can choose evil over good, if he wants to. That's free will. He did not create the king of evil. The "king of evil" was created as "good" but chose to go the other way. God is not unable to interfere. Everything that is happening is mans choice of evil over good. And that will also affect everyone whether they are good or evil.
God did not create evil. Evil itself doesn't exist. Evil is really just a "lack of good".

If "God" foresees it, and "God" enables it, long before it comes to pass, and then does nothing to stop it, then he has given his consent. Otherwise, if he does not want it to happen, according to the Bible, he will stop it very disruptively.

If the Bible is to be taken as an example, then "God" takes a very active hand in the world. This is not free will. This is him either liking what's happening, or intervening to make things go his way. Seeing as how no divine hand has appeared lately, I'd say he's pretty pleased with the crap that's happening on Earth.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Well I disagree...but lets say God does exist.....I would imagine that he would want us to fight as hard as possible to keep the greatest gift he has ever given us in tact.......life.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
All I am telling you that your job on the earth from Gods perspective is very simple. Your purpose is " be righteous" thats it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join