It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You need God not preps

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
You don't need to fear death if you have Jesus. Even if you do die he'll just resurrect you later. You can't prepare for everything anyway. We're all going to die in the end anyway, wether you die now or later makes no difference when the outcome is the same. Death is inevitable.

Well some of us want to work to make this earth a better place so that future generations will have peace and prosperity and there will be less work to do when we come back here...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Once I have at least 90% proof of someone being there to look after us, I will get close with him. It's like having a tea party with a doll and pretending it's a famous celebrity actress. But if I did that it, I would probably be considered ill.

But I think it's funny that god doesn't give us certainty of his presence. yet he wants us to believe in him. And no other god either. He is very jealous.

If something goes well ''It was god''.
If something goes wrong ''God works in mysterious ways''.

Sure beats me what his agenda is.

I don't see why he has to cause all these conflicts when he has the power to bring peace to the earth. At least he could confirm which religion he belongs to. That would end years and years and years of conflict

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
"OFF TOPIC CHIT CHAT"

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JizzyMcButter

If its a choice between telling yourself a bunch of nonsense or hoarding sugar to make yourself feel better than choose whats right for you.

Hoard honey not sugar, many more uses (including medicinal) and in an unprocessed state has a indefinite shelf life.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Jesus Christ......here we go.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I hate to sound like a religious person, because I am not, but I have always heard:

"God helps those who help themselves."

So it seems She also favors a little preparedness as well. Besides, it's fun to practice, helps develop these skills, and brings you closer to nature at the same time.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You'll need common sense.....two working hands and the ball's an brain to do something about it.You always have god...because you always had god...and when you die you will face god,we are all just small grains of sand on "god beach".

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

I disagree.

Although spirituality is important for mental health/morale, etc... without vast technical skill and practical applications of said skills, I am confident that those on thier knees praying will indeed meet their maker far sooner than those on their feet learning, building, hunting, etc.

Whatever set forth life in the universe instilled in it -bar none- the endless desire to sustain and promulgate itself. Humans are alone in the habit of replacing solid endurance for the sake of life itself, with a passive, conceptual pipe dream called faith.
If one followed the OPs advice fully, in the fundamental sense, then that person might as well not eat, work, have children, or do anything but pray until they starve of dehydration.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
I hate to sound like a religious person but the universal fact is that you need to get close with the Maker if you want any real chance of survival. He alone decides where you will be at the time TSHTF. For all you know you could be 1000 miles away from your stockpile and never reach it. What if you panic and you can't find your bug out bag. So many what if's and you cannot possible plan contingency for all of them. Even if you carry your bug out bag with you at all times what if you leave it in the the burger king bathroom? You have no idea what is coming down the river at all. What if that there is no big tragedy which you can use your skills and materials. and nothing happens for decades until the day God forbid you die. You will have wasted your life on nothingness. My suggestion is for a small prep bag and give the rest to charity. Your heart tells you that this is true.

god has blessed me with the foresight to disagree with you. He has blessed me with the Knowledge to survive and the Insight to know there is a major economic catastrophe heading our way.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

That mark will be a choice to take or not take. I already choose to lose my life willingly.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I never wanted to be here to begin with, and now I have to put up with this crap because my dad was too drunk to use protection? The apocalypse, the coming of christ, the NWO, all of this chaotic nonsense comes around just in time to slap me silly and take me for all I have?

Haha. I have my choice. When the day comes, I will gladly take it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

"God helps those who help themselves."

Actually, that quote doesn't appear anywhere in the Bible, and actually there are at least a dozen places that say the exact opposite. The Christian God prefers a helpless flock that look to him for all of their needs.

Ben Franklin said the phrase, but it isn't in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hahah, another thing though friend is that atheism is a stiff necked perspective, and although i know your advice to be good and true, theres simply no telling some people, but thats part of Almighty Jove's plan, some people are MEANT to be atheists for a certain time, so they can realise the truth on their own and so that questioning those realisations means questioning themselves.

Thats why the church desperately trying to stop people becoming atheists or researching science is actually a massive massive lack of faith in God, because they will go their own journey and eventually come to the truth, if we encourage people to question things then they will eventually land at the same answer that you and i did,

So thats why i say that although your warning is a good one, it may not necessarily be helpful because it wont be till the very last minute that they remember this thread and go "WE DIDN'T LISTEN!!" (south park anyone? :p)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

The lord helps those who help themselves.
While it may not be a Bible quote, it's a very good message for all to heed. Like if you sit back and wait for the Government to swoop in and save you. You are an idiot. If you wait for Fema to come save you, you are an idiot. It's nice when they do show up and help, but if you are not prepared to help yourself and your family, you are an idiot. (sorry to be so blunt, but it's important)

God is there and he will always be. But he has more important things to do than to wipe your nose. Understand that while you sit back and pray for food to magically appear in your bowl, the preppers next door are saying a prayer of thanks to the lord for giving them then strength and knowledge to help themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Be careful, OP, you're going into "if you're mortally injured, you need to pray, not call 911" territory. I'm sure you're not suggesting entering catastrophe with an empty cabinet and no water, but the thread title implies otherwise. How seriously could a first-time reader of your thread post take what you have to say after reading that? It's reckless advice at best.

edit on 19-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by simplyLOVE

Considering the kind of help "God" has given in the past, I don't think so. "God"s sense of humor is portrayed as taking a very faithful man and killing his family, riddling him with horrific diseases, destroying his home, and basically maneuvering his life until he hit rock bottom, just to see of he would turn his back on "God". The worst part is, "God" gave him some gold as though that would cover the emotional trauma he'd caused.

That's the kind of bullcrap that ticks me off. You think you're so powerful you can toy with the lives of those you deem to be inferior, just to make a point to a villain you actually created. What the hell kind of a jerkoff tyrant does that? Oh, the sadistic kind!

No, I don't need a higher power that lets two world wars, a civil war, several of the most bloodthirsty savage battles in the history of the world, near-genocide, daily rapings, global starvation, and bioweaponry riddle the art that he created with lifting a single finger. Sure, maybe he saved a couple people here and there, but why not THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD.

Hitler looks like a saint compared to "God", and if the dude is real and appears to me, I will tell him that. I don't need a god. I need to get the heck off this planet. What's your recommended solution for that?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

You are correct.

Luke 17:33

Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

That mark will be a choice to take or not take. I already choose to lose my life willingly.

With a misinterpretation like that, it's no wonder some people call Christianity a death cult.
The Bible isn't suggesting that we neglect our sense of self-preservation. The quote is a message about worldly materialism versus living in accordance with the Spirit. Emphasis on the word "living."

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

The quote is a message about worldly materialism versus living in accordance with the Spirit.

Very ironic, considering how often those who believe they live in accordance with the "Spirit" live at the expense of others' freedom to live.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
can't you guys get it through your thick skulls? there are no needs outside of a well stocked pantry. no bug out locations or bug out bags.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Are you referring to leeching off of others' resources?
If so, it's my opinion that they have the wrong idea.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is basically true, according to everything I've personally researched.

Specifically, prepping will help one to survive events in the third density world, but what one really wants is to have the love & compassion & service to others that allows them to ascend with the planet into higher density thereby shifting into 4th/5th dimension. So spiritual prepping should be done in addition to physical prepping.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join