It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You need God not preps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
I hate to sound like a religious person but the universal fact is that you need to get close with the Maker if you want any real chance of survival. He alone decides where you will be at the time TSHTF. For all you know you could be 1000 miles away from your stockpile and never reach it. What if you panic and you can't find your bug out bag. So many what if's and you cannot possible plan contingency for all of them. Even if you carry your bug out bag with you at all times what if you leave it in the the burger king bathroom? You have no idea what is coming down the river at all. What if that there is no big tragedy which you can use your skills and materials. and nothing happens for decades until the day God forbid you die. You will have wasted your life on nothingness. My suggestion is for a small prep bag and give the rest to charity. Your heart tells you that this is true.

This is complete crap.

I advise everyone to do the exact opposite of what the OP says.

Plan ahead, be responsible, and do not believe in fairy tales.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by pellian
I hate to sound like a religious person but the universal fact is that you need to get close with the Maker if you want any real chance of survival. He alone decides where you will be at the time TSHTF. For all you know you could be 1000 miles away from your stockpile and never reach it. What if you panic and you can't find your bug out bag. So many what if's and you cannot possible plan contingency for all of them. Even if you carry your bug out bag with you at all times what if you leave it in the the burger king bathroom? You have no idea what is coming down the river at all. What if that there is no big tragedy which you can use your skills and materials. and nothing happens for decades until the day God forbid you die. You will have wasted your life on nothingness. My suggestion is for a small prep bag and give the rest to charity. Your heart tells you that this is true.

You are correct.

Luke 17:33

Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

That mark will be a choice to take or not take. I already choose to lose my life willingly.

I choose to lose my life willingly, also, when that time comes. And we need not worry about food or water or even shelter when things do get bad. The Lord will provide for us in times of trouble just like He provided for Elijah.

Isaiah 33:15-16(KJV)
15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;
16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.
edit on 18-11-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

I agree. God provides and always will.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

If the bible said something along the lines of "everyone who reaches the age of 60 years old must jump off of a very high cliff", would you?

Spare me the "god wouldnt tell us to do that " crap.

If the bible told you to do something detrimental to your health and well being, would you do it?

link   
so i am to assume every person of faith dosnt need a job, dosnt eat food, dosnt even get dressed in the morning?
or does god only apply during disasters?

even jesus needed money. him and the guys took offerings from everywhere.
and i would call it prepping if they had at least 1 coin or bit of bread in a pack between villages.

if jesus himself didnt rely on god for anything, then why should we?

link   
reply to post by pellian

And if you are on that good a relationship basis with the Almighty, why bug out at all? Relax. He's got your back. Or maybe He doesn't. You'd better have a backup plan just in case he doesn't.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

Originally posted by eXia7
I want to believe.

But how come I do really good things for people, and donate spare change to charities, but yet I still have to struggle day to day to survive right now? I'm in a real life survival situation.. why hasn't the one you term "God" assisted me? Perhaps I'm not the most righteous person on the earth, but I'm by far from a malevolent person.

So say I'm in said situation, and I believe in "God" but I still don't get divine intervention like I should?
edit on 11/18/2012 by eXia7 because: forgot 1 key word lol

Proverbs 16:19

Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud.

Matthew 5

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Well, I don't feel very blessed when I have to endure hardship after hardship, despite my ability to try and change the outcomes of my own life.

Where is god when innocent children are killed each and every day via war, or starvation. I just don't see how some higher power can say "its for the greater good for people to suffer and believe in me" than opposed to people who are rich, and don't have many daily struggles. These people claim god helped them succeed, but what about all of the people suffering that DO believe in "god" How come he lets a certain few have success, while others may not? God sounds bias. I have a hard time subscribing to what religion teaches.
edit on 11/18/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

He's right here. We are created in His image and he has turned this world over to us. We selected the wrong Lord to follow and now we are caught in this situation. When we select the correct side of truth, we will heal the world. Many of us are already doing this. Poverty and hardship are markers of suffering that either originates with stealing reward or the result of suffering for true reward. I don't know you so I can't say, but I can give you the blueprint to see clearly.

If you smoke, you get cancer. This is because you took a debt that was not earned and suffering follows. Flip this and you see the positive. If you work out in the gym, you gain health. This is because suffering first creates reward. The balance of these types of choices dictate your life in its current state. Trace back your choices and see if I am correct. I can only guess but you know. Healing this suffering requires you to suffer on purpose and work toward that goals you have in life.

On the other hand, much of our suffering in life comes at the hands of others. The same law of returns applies to those we affect in life. Smoking causes cancer, but also takes a father and mother away from the family. Suffering as a result affects all of us. On the flip side of this, suffering what is earned allows us to give it away to others. Work a job and get a paycheck. That paycheck allows the family to eat.

Take it a step further. Do you need TV, Computers, Games, Drugs, Fancy Cars or the like? Not really. You can be happy living near your work, walking and visiting a free library. Deconstruct the things you do not need from your life and you might just find you are rich without them. Live simply and peace follows. Again, I don't know you but I do know the laws that determine each of us as we do the same two things in life. We each thing and move and beyond this, we are equal. God produces the world around us, makes your hair grow, makes the Earth turn and the Sun shine. We do none of it. Choices make the rest. Simply make the best choices possible.

Suffering is the point of life. You must be born again so no need barking at God because we die. His Spirit and not ours. He requires it back and offers it again and again. Baptism is our immersion into the world so we can rise to NEW life. The rising part is a combination of us and God. God develops faith. You do the rest. Faith makes it possible, not easy.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Oh, well...

Dear God, please deliver a L96 with a 12x ballistic scope with a thousand rounds tomorrow at my doorstep and I will undoubtably love and praise your name till the day I die!

Or...I could realize we are on a natural planet, unbound by any rules except for the ones we create and enforce on others.

No god, no prep? that how it works in fantasy land?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Please read these links:

Wiki on delusions

WebMD on schizophrenia

You are exhibiting many of the symptoms. Consider getting professional mental health help.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I did not read the whole thread cuz its always the same... but listen... Some day you will die and thats all you need to know

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm

If the bible said something along the lines of "everyone who reaches the age of 60 years old must jump off of a very high cliff", would you?

Spare me the "god wouldnt tell us to do that " crap.

If the bible told you to do something detrimental to your health and well being, would you do it?

You are stating a pretext. God didn't say this. Proverbs are reflections of natural law. Parables are the connection between the law and our actions. God's word reflects teaching and not commands. Law is not a command. Law protects those who follow it. It is a guardian until faith comes and law is no longer needed.

Galatians 3

Children of God

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman
so i am to assume every person of faith dosnt need a job, dosnt eat food, dosnt even get dressed in the morning?
or does god only apply during disasters?

even jesus needed money. him and the guys took offerings from everywhere.
and i would call it prepping if they had at least 1 coin or bit of bread in a pack between villages.

if jesus himself didnt rely on god for anything, then why should we?

God gives and receives and so should we. You are speaking of taking for self. There is a difference and we are all thieves. You and I are not different in this. We are simply differing degrees of the same. Understanding and the heart is what God desires to change. The error here is a process to ensure we do. We either sink or swim. Provision along the way is never in doubt. God always gives. We can deny or miss what is given. Spiritual thinking allows us to hear God by impressions, events and promptings. To listen, you need to cross the bridge to faith and virtue. Love and love opens to you.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You're more brainwashed than most cult members.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'll bite...

Why am I in the Survival section watching you people discuss religion?

::SLUMP::

Oh yeah...never mind...it's ATS- your friendly neighborhood Christian Zealot website.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Tuned Agent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm

Please read these links:

Wiki on delusions

WebMD on schizophrenia

You are exhibiting many of the symptoms. Consider getting professional mental health help.

You say this, yet it is empty without examples. Name calling is stepping on the object. Speak to the subject and we can both learn. Bias, condescension and anger are signs of hatred. An empty person seeks to take. I am full and require nothing from you. I'll stick to truth.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Science provided me with the skills to adapt. As a species, we all have it. Except the guy that left his "bug out bag" in Burger King. lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

My message is to love others and live by virtue and truth. If you want to justify your name calling, simply list examples and provide some context of your own. Empty words that seek to take is a sign your are empty yourself. I am trying to show you how to be full. When you are full, you will not need to fill yourself by bias, condescension and anger (Hatred).

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

This is the most useless thread in the survival forum.
and with that.."God Helps those that helps themselves"

leading me to believe that the almighty could do nothing at all and you
would praise it for that..

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

My message is to love others and live by virtue and truth. If you want to justify your name calling, simply list examples and provide some context of your own. Empty words that seek to take is a sign your are empty yourself. I am trying to show you how to be full. When you are full, you will not need to fill yourself by bias, condescension and anger (Hatred).

I wasn't name calling, I was making an observation. I wish you could see yourself in the view of someone that lives in reality, you would see what I mean.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, you are more then welcome to pray....while I will just keep on prepping.

I will live my life as I see fit and will sort things out with my maker when I die.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
When you speak to God it's called "Prayer"

When God speaks back to you it's called "Schitzophrenia"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join