It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Questions Christians Can't Answer!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh yeah...when Christ died as a sacrifice, the important part of the gesture was that it was a "physical" blood sacrifice making man clean. Heaven is a realm in which man could not enter if his soul was not "clean". Thus, it's essentially a way of by passing the rules while still keeping everything legit...if that makes sense.

The sacrifice was not that God would never get to see Christ again. Seeing how the soul can never die (until the the very end that is) this wouldn't even make sense.

Satan is the persecutor of man, God had to find a way to have man allowed into heaven without violating his own rules as God is always just.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Some of these replies from people who are so eager to attack Christians are ridiculously stupid, but I lack the energy or time to answer them all. People have been dumbed down into a bunch of dim witted zombies. But hey, man knows it all right? Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Originally posted by GunzCoty
Please tell me if it is worth watching.
I just skipped ahead a little and he was saying Noah's ark was air tight. Really? Anyone can read that they put window type holes in the ark, so there goes one question he could of answered himself.
I will not bother to watch a video of a guy making up questions that are just ignorant.

However, being that it's your post, if you could give me one, or two good questions off his list of 20, maybe it will intrigue me enough to watch them.

I think the questions are pretty valid. I would love to hear the answers.

A person w/an id of SubAce answered a lot of them.

I myself.... don't feel obligated to respond... I'm not in court or anything, and neither is God.

reply to post by MarkJS

Sorry but it was not a perfect sacrifice. He still had his son at the end of the deal didnt he? He lost NOTHING. He gave up NOTHING.

There is no reneging going on. Jesus went to hell for all mankind and suffered all of our punishment for all of our sins. It was a complete and perfect sacrifice. Because it was a complete and perfect sacrifice, we get salvation for free! All justice needed for the punishment of our sins, from God's perspective has been dealt with. Because Jesus is God... and God is perfect... death had no hold on Him. Death is corruption, and Jesus had none... thus He was raised back to life.

You're kind of missing the point... We were convicted to die for our sins. Eternity in hell would not be enough for us to pay for our own sins. Jesus took that conviction upon Himself. Even if the punishment was that Jesus had to have His finger cut for us...that would be enough. Jesus didn't have to do anything to help us. He's God...and surrounded by millinea of angels and people worshipping Him. The fact that He bothered to be born a human and go on the cross for us- which satisfied God the Father's requirement... should be sufficient.

You're right though when you say that He lost nothing... In fact, He gained a family of Christians, and honor from God the Father and us! for being obedient....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

I think the real question is: "What is a Christian"? I haven't actually figured that one out yet.

It would seem to me that you need to be a follower of Christ. But where do we find the only biography about Christ's short life? It's all from a highly censored, and edited collection of books called the Bible. There are so many inaccuracies in that book that even hard-core Christians don't take it literally, meaning they make up their own stuff. This fact has always baffled me, but it's the reason why we have many different Christian denominations.

Christians claim that the Bible is God's inspired word. But then they turn around and cherry-pick what they like, and simply ignore what they don't like, or don't understand. How can this be???

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWolf1976

As a Christian you must belief in everything the bible, or at least the NT, says. Right? If not, what is your logic in cherry-picking?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MarkJS

so let me ask you a question now... what great belief is it that you have - that we should follow?

Well, I wouldn't dream of asking you to start off too fast - so let's start with critical thinking, shall we? I want you to come up with three reasons that Christianity may not be the only path to spiritual fulfillment. Remember, I'm not saying to deny Christianity, I'm saying to open a few seats around Christianity so it can share the spotlight. Train yourself to not be so spiritually seclusive. I think that'll do for a start.

That's a copout... Us Christians go way out of the way to express the truth... but you stay covert. Right....

reply to post by AfterInfinity

The bottom-line, is that no one, ever, was argued into the kingdom. Questions may be asked - then answered. But the work of changing a person's heart to accept Jesus is from God. After a point, God has to take over. I pray that He takes over for you and all that are questioning Christianity, the Bible, and God Himself.

It cant happen. Christianity is not the only religion and Jehova is not the only god. ( according to other religions) Would a real god turn his back on 2/3 of his creations? How do the Buddists get to heaven? or do only Christians go to heaven? And where is heaven anyway? In outer space? On another planet? In the spaces between the oxygen molecules ?

to put it short: Christianity is the only religion. Don't believe me? Ask God Himself. That will be the real only way you will be convinced.

Where is heaven? Dunno exactly... Somewhere up there. I know where it's not... on earth..

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If I remember right, God said something along the lines of in the end times the knowledge of God would be taken from or lost to man. So yes, the Bible has been edited and diluted, but God will bring back this knowledge before he returns. Even so, it's not rocket science people, believe that Christ died for your sins, try to do the right thing, and be kind and generous to others....ta da...you are now a Christian.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWolf1976
If I remember right, God said something along the lines of in the end times the knowledge of God would be taken from or lost to man. So yes, the Bible has been edited and diluted, but God will bring back this knowledge before he returns. Even so, it's not rocket science people, believe that Christ died for your sins, try to do the right thing, and be kind and generous to others....ta da...you are now a Christian.

This is where I'm starting to have problems with other Christians, although I am one myself.

Yes, I agree that the "knowledge of God" will be taken from or lost to man in the end times, but the knowledge of God comes from the Holy Spirit, not because of some edited or diluted Bible.

The minute Christians start debunking the Bible, you've lost all hope for supporting your beliefs in Christ.

The Holy Spirit will be taken away, but it has NOTHING to do with how the Bible is written as we know it today!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

Dear namine,

Hey, I didn't come up with these questions, but bumped into them on youtube, and thought it would be interesting to share. I was interested in the Christian point of view too seeing as a lot of the questions are related to the bible. Where's the bigotry in that? You are quick to leap into defense. And since when does not believing in Bible God make someone an atheist? Regardless, none of the questions are asking for proof, only a better understanding for certain concepts in the bible, and reconciliation for inaccuracies riddled in a supposedly perfect book.

You do not believe in the bible; therefore, what would be the point in explaining any of it? You state it as a fat the Chritstians cannot answer these questions, that is pretty bigoted and untrue. What is the point of your thread if not to claim that Christians are foolish and don't know the answers to these questions? The title of your thread says it all. You did not say, "Can any Christians explain these things" you just said that we could not.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Thank you for simplifying it for those non-believers so intent on searching for an a-ha moment. The Bible is the most copied ancient manuscript in the history of human, no other document comes close. I would just ask those who refute Christianity to explain why it went from a nuevo semi-sect local religion to one of the largest religions on the planet. The resurrection is the christian answer. I'm waiting to hear yours. What was it that caused so many to abandon their religion and become Christians even when it usually meant losing your life?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Dear OccamAssassin,

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by namine

Dear namine,

What happens if I answer one question? Will you admit you have no idea what you are talking about? And will you also be willing to answer my questions for atheists? Clearly I am a Christian and am imbecile so it should be easy for you to correct me. Now, if I correct one of our questions and you do not answer my question then will it mean you have less logic and knowledge than this poor Christian imbecile, will it mean that you should rethink your bigotry? If you are willing to reconsider your assumptions then I will make the effort, if you are not then why should I bother? Believe that you are meaningless, a biological robot and believe that your self awareness is foolishness. Believe whatever you wish, now prove it.

Wow. Feel the hate.

You failed to answer any of the questions.

Does that mean that namine is a genius?

Here is a quote by you from another thread.

Religion is the bane of society as it absolves scumbags from taking responsibility for their own actions.

I think the hate comes from you. The OP starts a thread that says Christians cannot answer the questions, they do not ask the questions, they make a blanket statement. My response was to ask what it would matter if I could answer them, the fact is, it wouldn't matter to the OP or you because you have both already decided that they cannot be answered, so why should any of us waste our time?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Vicarious10000

No they are not...science can be proved by watching it work, you can not prove any basis of religion is true.
2th
oh and stop being lazy type it out yourself.

Theory is the same as belief. Belief in a theory is faith. Science is religion.

''never go full retard''

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Christians claim that the Bible is God's inspired word. But then they turn around and cherry-pick what they like, and simply ignore what they don't like, or don't understand. How can this be???

It's called "New Age" Christianity, in my opinion.

According to this thread, true Christianity is obviously becoming a dying breed.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

Originally posted by schuyler In fact, it looks to me as if anti-Christians are way more fundamentalist than Christians are.

THIS!!!

Great post too.

Dear Beavers,

The vast majority of angry atheists were raised by rigid fundamentalists that condemn everyone and misuse and misinterpret the bible, it is the only bible they know and they reject what they were taught but do not look for the truth. I preach to people who have been thrown of other churches for being different, it is hard to teach them the love of Christ because they didn't see much of it in the churches they went to. They seek to provoke so they can prove to themselves that the problem is the religion and not the people who raised them. Peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MarkJS

so let me ask you a question now... what great belief is it that you have - that we should follow?

Well, I wouldn't dream of asking you to start off too fast - so let's start with critical thinking, shall we? I want you to come up with three reasons that Christianity may not be the only path to spiritual fulfillment. Remember, I'm not saying to deny Christianity, I'm saying to open a few seats around Christianity so it can share the spotlight. Train yourself to not be so spiritually seclusive. I think that'll do for a start.

That's a copout... Us Christians go way out of the way to express the truth... but you stay covert. Right....

reply to post by AfterInfinity

The bottom-line, is that no one, ever, was argued into the kingdom. Questions may be asked - then answered. But the work of changing a person's heart to accept Jesus is from God. After a point, God has to take over. I pray that He takes over for you and all that are questioning Christianity, the Bible, and God Himself.

It cant happen. Christianity is not the only religion and Jehova is not the only god. ( according to other religions) Would a real god turn his back on 2/3 of his creations? How do the Buddists get to heaven? or do only Christians go to heaven? And where is heaven anyway? In outer space? On another planet? In the spaces between the oxygen molecules ?

to put it short: Christianity is the only religion. Don't believe me? Ask God Himself. That will be the real only way you will be convinced.

Where is heaven? Dunno exactly... Somewhere up there. I know where it's not... on earth..

Ok, I'll chime in. In the past I considered myself a Christian until I realized how screwed up organized religion is. I have found that most organized religious leaders are in it for the money and/or power. My parents were able to audit their 5000 member church after years of legal fights to be allowed to audit the non-profit org., only to find that the pastor, elders, and anyone else in their club was stealing the money.

Here is my question, which so far has no answer backed by scripture that I can find:

What happens to people who have died but NEVER heard the message of Christ?

For example, my wife's great grandfather is from a local indigenous tribe who was not exposed to Christianity until around 75 years ago. They NEVER heard of Christ until this century.

What happened to those who never heard of Christ? Do they go to heaven or hell? Please cite verses from the book of all answers - the bible - to backup whatever your answer is.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

I would hate to defend these questions as well. So I won't. What I will tell you as there are a great many believers in the world, myself included, who view these as parables. To come at them from a literal perspective will indeed evoke a response from hardliners, but for no real benefit of the OP. What would be more fun, and in my opinion revealing, would be to think about the parables as if they were written by our creator. What would they be trying to tell us? To research it historically and understand where these stories originated- and why our ancestors wanted us to hear them. To research and understand how much of what we know as the Bible has been dramatically altered throughout the course of history by the Roman Catholic Church.

So there it is, I have answered none of the questions and all of them at the same time.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines
Ok, I'll chime in. In the past I considered myself a Christian until I realized how screwed up organized religion is.

Because if the people claiming to represent the book are screwed up then the book they claim to represent must also be screwed up, right? Spot on logic you got working for you there, chief(?) The fact is that, yes, organized religion is completely screwed up; but they're tap dancing on your grave because they've successfully screwed you up, too. Newsflash brah- they won; you're nothing but a lapdog of "Christianity"- everything you think you know about the bible comes straight through them: congrats on your wonderful choice of middle-man: now the question is- if you think they're all so "intelligent" (clearly, otherwise why would you consider that they must be interpreting the bible correctly enough to use their "understanding" as the foundation of your question?) why don't you go ahead and listen to their interpretation of science as well? Oh wait, let me guess- they're complete buffoons when it comes to understanding "science" but hand them a bible and suddenly they're all Alfred Einstien.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Now, as for the OP, here is my deal I'm willing to make with you OP (and no one else in this intellectually void thread): I will take the time to address each of your comments thoroughly, and in turn; to bring about the correct understanding of the words coming out of your mouth (but which you don't understand). You'll find in the end this is not about what the bible says but it is about how you understand what the bible says- it's all a question of understanding. Like the above poster, most of your questions arise from a seriously warped understanding of the bible (feel free to open your window and cry out "Thank you so much 'Christianity' for enslaving my mind to LIES- thank you so much for turning me into your ignorant lapdog servant! I look forward to the time I crawl before your self-righteous lying selves in order to kiss your feet and beg 'Please don't hurt me I will be your obedient servant, just don't hurt me'!")

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

humming along.... and if you lose, the devil get's your soul. Fire on the mountain run boy run..

Really, what sort of nonsense is this. A christian willing to spread the gospel only if your conditions are met? Put your beliefs out there and let them be heard. Don't try to intimidate through one-upsmanship. Just makes you look mean spirited.
That is my feedback, it isn't entirely clean and I apologize for my ineptitude.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Dear Philippines,

What happens to people who have died but NEVER heard the message of Christ?

Yet, the bible says that none can deny God exists, they can see him everywhere, they can see him in the stars, that is old testament. Moses was saved as were others. Jesus Christ, the name, means God's forgiveness or salvation. Jesus said we were to love God (the totality, him) with all our heart and our neighbor (the parts of the totality that we understand) as ourselves. That message is true in everything we do, in every decision we make. Humans were given the understanding of right and wrong, the choice we make with our lives is what defines us. Hell is not a punishment, it is a choice. The moment you begin hurting others or allowing others to be hurt so that you can be better off, you pick your answer. Hell is eternal separation from God, a choice by us based on our unwillingness to care about others.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join