It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Questions Christians Can't Answer!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

In Genesis, God talks to His other part....

You have a source for this?

Jesus is God. Why? Because God the Father required a Perfect sacrifice to satisfy Him for the sins of mankind... Perfect...

So our "Father" requires a blood sacrifice to forgive us? And not just any blood sacrifice, but his own son! Wow, that sounds like a guy I can trust! But wait, there's more! Jesus comes back to life, he doesn't stay dead, he reneges on the deal - and it still works! All we have to do now is pledge our souls to him and we'll live forever!

Wow, that doesn't sound "Satanic" in the least!

Oh, and that thing about John 14:9? The same thing can be said about twins. "If you have seen me, then you have seen my twin brother. Why? Because he looks like me, dummy!"

Does that cover everything?

Not even close. Not even close...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

continued from above:

8. How many donkeys did Jesus ride in his triumphal entry into Jerusalem? Was it one donkey, like Mark, Luke and John say? Or was it two donkeys like Matthew said?
He rode in on an ass. In Matthew the account of the colt was also added. Upon the colt were laid their things.

9. Matthew and Luke both provide genealogies for Jesus, going all the way back to Adam. Using both of those lists, who was Joseph’s father?

The genealogies of Jesus that were recorded both in Matthew and in Luke trace back both his lineage from his mother Mary and his adopted father Joseph. Jesus received his right to be king through his mother’s lineage as he came from her. His Father was Jehovah himself. Why was Joseph’s lineage also recorded? To prove that his adopted father also came from David’s line. There was no doubt about his linage, because they both came from David. Of course Joseph’s lineage diverges from that of Mary’s at a certain point, but they both came from David. And no one, not even his greatest opposers and enemies disagreed with his pedigree. There were written records his enemies could have revealed for all to see if both didn’t descend form David. Now which linage was that of Joseph’s? That is easy, it is the one that diverges from the royal line of kings. Do your own research on that if you are really sincere.

10. Was Jesus crucified on the first day of the Passover like the gospel of John says? Or the next day like the other three gospels say?
All accounts show that he was put to death on Nisan 14. In the Jewish calendar the new day started at evening. That is Nisan 14 did not start until evening. He was not hung on a stake, or upright pole until the next day. The next day was still considered Nisan 14. Nisan 15 did not arrive until the evening of the next day.

Sigh, why doesn’t anyone do even a bit of looking to find out the simple answers to these questions?

Is it they really don’t want answers?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

No. It's just that I don't care. No matter what way you slice it, I'd sooner spit on "God" than bow to him. I'm here to see if, by some chance, I might be wrong in thinking it's just a giant stack of metaphors. And if it really is just a pile of analogies, then I want to help you guys realize the truth, because as it is, you're holding yourselves back.

Christianity is preventing mankind from attaining its true potential because we are afraid of our true potential. But that's the only way we'll move forward!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by SubAce

No. It's just that I don't care. No matter what way you slice it, I'd sooner spit on "God" than bow to him. I'm here to see if, by some chance, I might be wrong in thinking it's just a giant stack of metaphors. And if it really is just a pile of analogies, then I want to help you guys realize the truth, because as it is, you're holding yourselves back.

Christianity is preventing mankind from attaining its true potential because we are afraid of our true potential. But that's the only way we'll move forward!

That is the point. You don't want real answers. You are not sincere. Thank you for being honest. Many are like you just wanting to "spit on God" then finding out the truth. I commend you for that statement, and at least that is respectable. My answers are of course not for you. They are for ones with discerning hearts who are looking for truth.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

That is the point. You don't want real answers. You are not sincere. Thank you for being honest. Many are like you just wanting to "spit on God" then finding out the truth. I commend you for that

Don't presume to tell me what I am or am not. That's why people don't like you Christians. You jump to conclusions and judge people based on those conclusions.

statement, and at least that is respectable. My answers are of course not for you. They are for ones with discerning hearts who are looking for truth.

That's okay, I don't want your answers anyway. Somehow, I expect they're somewhat less objective than I'd like.
edit on 19-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by MarkJS

In Genesis, God talks to His other part....

You have a source for this?

ah, yes... the verse you just read... Genesis 1:26 in the above post.

Jesus is God. Why? Because God the Father required a Perfect sacrifice to satisfy Him for the sins of mankind... Perfect...

So our "Father" requires a blood sacrifice to forgive us? And not just any blood sacrifice, but his own son! Wow, that sounds like a guy I can trust!

Yes you can...

Romans 8:32

New King James Version (NKJV)

32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
Romans 8:32 NKJV

This shows how much God loves mankind, and the seriousness of sin. For thousands of years, God asked for animal sacrifices to atone for sin.... because it's serious. But animal sacrifices only covered the sins... because they weren't perfect. To satisfy God the Father's justice to get rid of sins once and for all, God the
Father sent Jesus His perfect Son. He died for us, so we don't have to.

But wait, there's more! Jesus comes back to life, he doesn't stay dead, he reneges on the deal - and it still works! All we have to do now is pledge our souls to him and we'll live forever!

Wow, that doesn't sound "Satanic" in the least!

There is no reneging going on. Jesus went to hell for all mankind and suffered all of our punishment for all of our sins. It was a complete and perfect sacrifice. Because it was a complete and perfect sacrifice, we get salvation for free! All justice needed for the punishment of our sins, from God's perspective has been dealt with. Because Jesus is God... and God is perfect... death had no hold on Him. Death is corruption, and Jesus had none... thus He was raised back to life.

Pledging our souls to him gives us His Endless Life,.... which he imparts to us freely. Yes, we live forever. Thank God!

No... not "satanic"... Saying.... "hmmm... I don't know"... could be considered honest. Calling God's work satanic is very close to blasphemy.... Be very very careful of this...

Oh, and that thing about John 14:9? The same thing can be said about twins. "If you have seen me, then you have seen my twin brother. Why? Because he looks like me, dummy!"

Well... pretty much... But you know it wasn't the physical attributes Jesus was refering to.. but the intentions and likeness of the love that was extended.

so let me ask you a question now... what great belief is it that you have - that we should follow?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

ah, yes... the verse you just read... Genesis 1:26 in the above post.

I don't see Holy Spirit or Jesus anywhere in that verse. So does that mean you're assuming?

Yes you can...

Hell no, I can't trust this "God" person. He makes Hitler look like a perfectly quaint little saint. He makes Rasputin look like Mother Theresa. He makes Pearl Harbor look like one of those Pop-Its - the ones you throw on the ground and they make a loud snapping sound.

And if you're comfortable trusting him, you have major issues. Either that, or you're a living testimony to how much this world and its leaders can be trusted. You'd rather put your faith in a superpowered genocidal egomaniac with the temperament of a 4 year old sociopath, than trust the people who run this planet.

This shows how much God loves mankind, and the seriousness of sin. For thousands of years, God asked for animal sacrifices to atone for sin.... because it's serious. But animal sacrifices only covered the sins... because they weren't perfect. To satisfy God the Father's justice to get rid of sins once and for all, God the
Father sent Jesus His perfect Son. He died for us, so we don't have to.

I don't see how that's our fault. If "God" hadn't been a moron and NOT invented sin in the first place, his son would still be alive. But no, he had to go and open Pandora's Box...and he could have easily shut it, too! He's "God"! If anyone can rid the world of sin with a snap of the fingers, he can!

And again, I don't see how "God"s mistakes are my problem? Or yours? Or any of ours? If he was a complete and utter idiot and unleashed the dark side of his creativity on the world, that's his mess to clean up. I believe the phrase that applies here is - If you can't fix it, DON'T BREAK IT!!!

There is no reneging going on. Jesus went to hell for all mankind and suffered all of our punishment for all of our sins. It was a complete and perfect sacrifice. Because it was a complete and perfect sacrifice, we get salvation for free! All justice needed for the punishment of our sins, from God's perspective has been dealt with. Because Jesus is God... and God is perfect... death had no hold on Him. Death is corruption, and Jesus had none... thus He was raised back to life.

Wait, what? So hundreds of thousands of years worth of egregious sins were covered in three days? Hold on - do you have a source for this? Scripture stating in no uncertain terms that this is what happened? Somehow, this sounds more and more like Chinese folklore.

Pledging our souls to him gives us His Endless Life,.... which he imparts to us freely. Yes, we live forever. Thank God!

No... not "satanic"... Saying.... "hmmm... I don't know"... could be considered honest. Calling God's work satanic is very close to blasphemy.... Be very very careful of this...

Then I'll be blasphemous. I'm not bothered by it. And in my honest opinion, I don't see a whole lot of difference between the mythos of "God" and the mythos of "Satan". I mean, "God" CREATED "Satan", right? So there has to be some of "Satan" in "God". Just like he created evil.

I refuse to be a slave or to grovel before this stupid god. If he needs his ego groomed, he can find someone who doesn't have the gumption to stand up before him. There's plenty of weak-willed fools who have not a shred of integrity with which to demand respect.

so let me ask you a question now... what great belief is it that you have - that we should follow?

Well, I wouldn't dream of asking you to start off too fast - so let's start with critical thinking, shall we? I want you to come up with three reasons that Christianity may not be the only path to spiritual fulfillment. Remember, I'm not saying to deny Christianity, I'm saying to open a few seats around Christianity so it can share the spotlight. Train yourself to not be so spiritually seclusive. I think that'll do for a start.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

edit on 19/11/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by MarkJS

Well, I wouldn't dream of asking you to start off too fast - so let's start with critical thinking, shall we? I want you to come up with three reasons that Christianity may not be the only path to spiritual fulfillment. Remember, I'm not saying to deny Christianity, I'm saying to open a few seats around Christianity so it can share the spotlight. Train yourself to not be so spiritually seclusive. I think that'll do for a start.

That's a copout... Us Christians go way out of the way to express the truth... but you stay covert. Right....

reply to post by AfterInfinity

The bottom-line, is that no one, ever, was argued into the kingdom. Questions may be asked - then answered. But the work of changing a person's heart to accept Jesus is from God. After a point, God has to take over. I pray that He takes over for you and all that are questioning Christianity, the Bible, and God Himself.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

The bottom-line, is that no one, ever, was argued into the kingdom. Questions may be asked - then answered.

You mean an answer is evasively implied, then the easiest interpretation is chosen by the questioner and everyone smiles and agrees to avoid confusion. Because that's what being a good little Christian is all about. And if all else fails - "God works in mysterious ways."

After a point, God has to take over.

Over my dead body.
If he wants to spiritually rape me, then he will have vindicated my entire stance in the matter.

I pray that He takes over for you and all that are questioning Christianity, the Bible, and God Himself.

Because questioning is so very, very wrong.
It feels good to be blasphemous.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by MarkJS

After a point, God has to take over.

Over my dead body.
If he wants to spiritually rape me, then he will have vindicated my entire stance in the matter.

You know that's not what I meant, but just for clarities sake, I'll respond.... God will never violate your free will. When I mention God taking over, I mean the work of Him working with you... your will.... to convince you otherwise. God does not want robots. We are free to choose or reject. That is why God lavishes eternal gifts on us if we choose.... But you can miss out on all of that.. It's your choice.

I think I know why you're covert about your beliefs... A couple of possible reasons:

1. You don't have any type of substiantal belief(s) to speak of.

2. (goes with one) The only "belief" you have is a non-belief of Christianity.

3. or... you know that your beliefs will be ridiculed by ATS'ers... so you don't want to share them...

4. or... You don't feel strongly enough in whatever beliefs you have to be able to defend them on ATS.

edit on 19/11/2012 by MarkJS because: added response at top of post.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by namine

The answers to the questions you seek are with'in you..

or

Find the answers for yourself as I did.

or

Nice troll thread.

Ad hominem is a great concept when you are not able, or willing to answer serious questions. Good job

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1NEO001
I didn't watch the videos. Are these questions like how fast is the air speed velocity of a swallow. Well African or European , uuhhh well I don't know that.
Thats an unladen swallow. Remember.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
Please tell me if it is worth watching.
I just skipped ahead a little and he was saying Noah's ark was air tight. Really? Anyone can read that they put window type holes in the ark, so there goes one question he could of answered himself.
I will not bother to watch a video of a guy making up questions that are just ignorant.

However, being that it's your post, if you could give me one, or two good questions off his list of 20, maybe it will intrigue me enough to watch them.

I think the questions are pretty valid. I would love to hear the answers.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yeah well you kind of did ask for the answers though didnt you?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

But God renegged on the deal as Jesus wasnt really dead. So Gods sacrifice wasnt really a sacrifice at all.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Sorry but it was not a perfect sacrifice. He still had his son at the end of the deal didnt he? He lost NOTHING. He gave up NOTHING.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wow, except for a few, most of these questions are stupid! To the person who was insinuating that most Christians are dumb I would counter that the person who asks most of these questions might want to look in the mirror when talking about stupid. The only good questions are the ones about why did God judge his own creation and why did he put the tree in the garden to begin with. These are questions we may never be able to answer. I have many theories, but little time so I won't list them here. To most of the questions I say who cares and why does it matter, but here are a few things to think about:

-God says he is the beginning and the end and knows everything that goes on in this realm, but I don't think he ever says he is perfect.
-Kangaroos? They could have gotten back to Australia many different ways. Who knows how the world geography was back then and people have been crossing the oceans and bringing various species to and from for many many years.
-The idea that everything has to be created by something is obviously not true. If someone or something didn't just exist at one time, then no one or nothing would ever exist. It's crazy to think about and wrap your mind around, but it's true.
-From the instant of creation everything was determined. It's one large chain reaction. Thus, ultimately God does know all and the future. However I believe in Genesis it says man was created by lot...which basically means random, such as the "lottery". I believe this was God purposely limiting his influence of man. It wouldn't be any fun if you knew every little detail about everything and everyone. After all, God created man for companionship.
-This is essentially a virtual reality, which makes it no less real for us, but leads to many questions. In fact there are many more questions that need to be answered than what are listed in this post.
-How can anything created truly have freewill? Our choices are based on mentality, upbringing, cultural environment, and especially genetics.....none of which we had control of. In fact it gets even deeper, but I won't go into it all. As a Christian I am not afraid to ask the hard questions. I am also not afraid to not have all the answers, but to assume something can't be true because I don't have all the answers would be foolish.
-And yes, many Christians aren't that intelligent, but that is misleading because most people aren't very intelligent now days. So when it comes to those statistics about Christians and intelligence, I believe it was Mark Twain who said "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable".
-Finally, I'm sure I have forgotten some things I wanted to say and I hope this all made sense as I am running on very little sleep right now. Faith and an open mind can co-exist.
-Also, why does it seem like so many people who are "not religious" get so threatened and worked up about Christianity? In the end we will all know the truth and I guess all you non believers better hope you're right lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

And as far as I can tell no one lives forever. Everyone will die. So Jesus didnt die so we can live. We still die. Dont Christians see that? Do they not loose their loved ones like everyone else? I know I've been to many Christian funerals that Christians and everyone else still dies.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS

reply to post by MarkJS

That's a copout... Us Christians go way out of the way to express the truth... but you stay covert. Right....

The bottom-line, is that no one, ever, was argued into the kingdom. Questions may be asked - then answered. But the work of changing a person's heart to accept Jesus is from God. After a point, God has to take over. I pray that He takes over for you and all that are questioning Christianity, the Bible, and God Himself.

It cant happen. Christianity is not the only religion and Jehova is not the only god. ( according to other religions) Would a real god turn his back on 2/3 of his creations? How do the Buddists get to heaven? or do only Christians go to heaven? And where is heaven anyway? In outer space? On another planet? In the spaces between the oxygen molecules ?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join