It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Questions Christians Can't Answer!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Or can they?

I love the way these videos were created. Found them rather humorous.
But at the same time, they propose rather interesting questions!

EDIT: To add questions for people who can't watch the vid:

1. When Noah’s ark landed, how did the kangaroos make it back to Australia?

2. If the ark was covered in pitch or tar to make it watertight, it also made it airtight -- how did the animals survive more than one or two days living in complete darkness without any fresh air? Remember, the rain lasted 40 days and 40 nights. Noah couldn’t open the window in the top.

3. Since Adam and Eve didn’t know right from wrong before eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, why did God then punish them for something they didn’t understand they were doing?

4. Why would God place a forbidden tree in the garden so close to his innocent creation and allow Satan to tempt them into eating from it, all the while looking on without doing a thing to prevent it?

5. When the women went to Jesus’s empty tomb, was the stone already rolled away, or did the angels roll it away after the women got there?

6. On the first day of the week, when Jesus rose from the dead, how many women went to the tomb, and which ones?

7. If you believe the creation account in Genesis is mere allegory, then why don’t you throw out Paul’s epistles? Because he believed that the creation account was a historical fact.

8. How many donkeys did Jesus ride in his triumphal entry into Jerusalem? Was it one donkey, like Mark, Luke and John say? Or was it two donkeys like Matthew said?

9. Matthew and Luke both provide genealogies for Jesus, going all the way back to Adam. Using both of those lists, who was Joseph’s father?

10. Was Jesus crucified on the first day of the Passover like the gospel of John says? Or the next day like the other three gospels say?

EDIT: To add questions for people who can't watch the vid:

1. The Bible tells us that God sacrificed his only son so that we can go to Heaven (John 3:16), but the Bible also tells us that he raised his son back from the dead again. If God didn’t really lose his son, then how is that a sacrifice?

2. If God is all-knowing and all-powerful, and has everything under control, why does he keep asking for money every Sunday?

3. The Bible tells us that God regretted making Saul king (1 Samuel 15:11), but if that’s the case, doesn’t that mean God didn’t know the future? Because if he knew he was going to regret making Saul king, he would’ve never done it in the first place.

4. If every complex design requires a designer, who designed God?

5. If nothing can come from nothing, then how did God create the universe out of nothing?

6. If something can come from nothing, why do we need God to create the universe?

7. If everyone who ever lived, prior to Jesus, could get into heaven by simply believing God (Romans 4:17, Galatians 3:6, James 2:23), like Abraham did, doesn’t that make Jesus a little superfluous?

8. The Bible tells us that God isn’t willing that anybody should perish (2 Peter 3:9), but his holy word has been corrupted through the ages by mankind, so doesn’t that mean that God either allowed it to be corrupted, or he was unable to keep it from being corrupted?

9. In the book of James, God instructs Christians on what they should do when they get sick (James 5:14-15). There’s supposed to pray and lay hands on the sick person, and God promises to heal them, so why do you ignore God’s command and run to science every time you get sick? (WHOOOOOOOOA)

10. The Bible tells us that Jesus threw a huge temper tantrum in the Jewish temple (John 2:15). He actually made a whip, and whipped these people, and drove them out of the temple, but not before overturning their tables and spilling their money everywhere. The Bible also tells us that Jesus called a Canaanite woman a dog (Mark 7:27). And Jesus insulted the Pharisees by calling them derogatory names at every turn (Matthew 23:13-33). Jesus also lied to his own disciples (John 7:8-10); they asked him if he was going to the feast, he said, “no, my time’s not yet come.” And he turns around and goes to the feast.

Jesus also condones slavery and he did not denounce the crimes of rape or paedophilia (Matthew 10:24, Matthew 24:46, Luke 17:7). Not only that, Jesus taught that if you call somebody a ‘fool’, you are in danger of going to hell (Matthew 5:22). Then he turns around and calls several people fools (Matthew 23:17, Luke 24:26). Not only that, the Bible tells us that Jesus explicitly upheld the ghastly Mosaic Law that requires children to be killed if they became unruly (Matthew 15:3-4, Matthew 5:17-18, Deuteronomy 21:18-21).

Is this the person we should be emulating?

I'm curious if we have any Christians on here that can answer all 20 questions posed in the two videos?

edit on 18-11-2012 by namine because: added transcript for people who can't see the videos

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I love the look on the guys face when he has just asked a question

Hope some people can answer them.
The last question in the 2nd Vid..please cometh forth and answer thy question cos that is a good one.
Oh and Jesus saying naughty kids should be killed oh man and people believe in this #e lol or *crys*
edit on 18-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Me too!

And the sound effects.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I didn't watch the videos. Are these questions like how fast is the air speed velocity of a swallow. Well African or European , uuhhh well I don't know that.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1NEO001

Then watch the darn videos ffs.
Why even bother posting?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1NEO001
I didn't watch the videos. Are these questions like how fast is the air speed velocity of a swallow. Well African or European , uuhhh well I don't know that.

Why would you ask Christians science questions in the first place? And why bother responding if you're not going to watch the videos?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by 1NEO001

Then watch the darn videos ffs.
Why even bother posting?

I think he/she is referring to Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail.

edit on 18-11-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The last question in the 2nd Vid..please cometh forth and answer thy question cos that is a good one

I agree

This could get interesting

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Odds on that this thread gets no answers from Christians....they will just turn the vids off and ignore all the valid questions.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sorry my dad was watching tv and I couldn't have any sound. I watched the first one, how is anyone supposed to know that.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I remember reading that the more inteligent a person is the less likely they are to believe in a god. I think it was down to 7% in the top 1%

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowcast

Science and religion are the samething. I've proved it in my last 10 posts. If someone would like to type out all the questions I'll answer them.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

No they are not...science can be proved by watching it work, you can not prove any basis of religion is true.
2th
oh and stop being lazy type it out yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000

Science and religion are the samething. I've proved it in my last 10 posts. If someone would like to type out all the questions I'll answer them.

We have a taker! Can someone please transcribe the 20 questions? I'd do it myself if I wasnt on my phone. Transcribe and add them to the OP so there are no excuses about not being able to watch the videos.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Alright, I'll do this.

Just give me a moment.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by VoidHawk

Odds on that this thread gets no answers from Christians....they will just turn the vids off and ignore all the valid questions.

Some will answer, but tell us we should just have faith.

I dont normaly get involved in religous threads but lately the believers have gone out of their way to attack those of us who have no interest, so I'll watch this thread for a laugh

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000

If someone would like to type out all the questions I'll answer them.

Ask God to do it for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Vicarious10000

No they are not...science can be proved by watching it work, you can not prove any basis of religion is true.
2th
oh and stop being lazy type it out yourself.

Theory is the same as belief. Belief in a theory is faith. Science is religion.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by namine

Alright, I'll do this.

Just give me a moment.

Thanks! S&F for you. I'm going to keep tabs on this thread as well. Personally I was Raised Roman Catholic but through my experiences and study I consider myself a deist now and try above all things to keep an open mind.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ok for balance in this thread where are the top 10 questions scientist's cant answer
safe to say for now the religious crowd have more answers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join