It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII - What Would It Take?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If there is world war and I doubt it, it will be conventional weapons. Nuclear arsenals are essentially dead and will remain that way. There is an agenda for the planet that does not include a radioactive mess to cleanup. Two planets were already destroyed in out solar system by nuclear weapons. One was completely disintegrated and the other was Mars that lost it's atmosphere and all population. Earth will not be allowed to go this route because it is stepping up to a Level 1 civilisation on Dec 21 2012. After that date TPTB will lose their death grip on the planet and a new Earth begins. Earth will heal it's wounds because it has great power to do so. We will have to admit it's getting better but not right away.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrbx2012
Switzerland will probably be a neutral nation.

You don't know they could very well be the ones that cause the next world war... Or the Germans again who knows third times the charm

OT: I was joking about the German thing. Doubt that any one on this board will live to see WW3. Though you never know heard some crazy stuff was going on in Greece.Racism, Nazi stuff going on. So see how that goes down.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Nuclear weapons mean its highly unlikely the nuclear powers will directly face each other. And if WW3 were to come about, it wouldn't necessarily all happen at once in one big event like people fantasize about.
Japan was at war in China years before Britain and France declared war with Germany. There were several events in Europe that precipitated the war in Europe, like the Sudetenland, Anschlus, the Italian invasion of Abyssinia and Albania, Spanish civil war, a Japanese-Russian skirmish in Mongolia. And even then, when WW2 did officially start, in 1939 it was only the Britain + France against Germany to begin with, the US didn't join til 1941, Italy til 1940 and Russia was essentially allied to Germany before Hitler invaded in 1941. The smaller countries didn't join until invaded, a lot of it was seperate, but linked events which took place over several years.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
there will be no world war 3. there will however be a bunch of proxy wars fought by the U.S/E.U vs China and maybe russia.

No guarantee alliances will stay the same, as has been repeatedly been shown throughout history. If the EU does move towards a superstate, there's no reason to believe it will stay tied to the US, particularly if they are on an even footing. France has always wanted to show its independence, and Germany is starting to emerge from the shadow of WW2. Russia has been courting better relations with the EU, and also supplies a huge amount of energy to Europe. I'd imagine they also see China as a rival on their doorstep that is rapidly militarizing. India and Brazil could well be powerful if they continue to grow and modernize too.

If trade shifts from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean the EU might be left to the side.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
reply to post by bdb818888

I mean really who cares about either of those countries ?? If they were gone the world would still go on. Silly thinking 1 or 2 countries make a difference . Look ar Africia over the last 40 years and now who cares about africia

China and Russia have Iran's back and we have Israels , once it starts there's no stopping it , Iran supplies a majority of oil to China and Russia it would be in there best interest to protect them from Israel and the United States.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

China has already told the Iranians that it will not get involved in any U.S./Iranian Conflict. Russia for all it's bluster lacks the Capability to do much of anything.

In the very unlikely event that the U.S. and Iran go to WAR...it will be supremely VIOLENT, QUICK and DECISIVE. The United States will bring to bear OVERWHELMING FORCE...but it is much more likely that the Iranian Military will stand down as per Secret Military to Military Talks with the U.S. that have been ongoing for 10 Months.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I'd say if Russia stays out it will be because they chose to remain out of it. It won't be because they couldn't have gotten involved if they choose to. In terms of Iran, I consider that a pretty open question too. There is no underestimating the importance of the enormous Caspian sea energy reserves that are currently a challenge to get out to market for Western firms but might get down right simple if Iran were a friendly nation. Conversely, Russia loses strategic influence.

I know I'm often alone in considering this important, but Iranian soil and Russian Federation soil sit 116 miles apart at their closest points. I'm not sure American combat aircraft have actually been fully engaged within the literal engagement radius of Russian air defense networks....so it'll be an interesting first on that alone. Too close for comfort is my thinking. Putin doesn't look like the overly tolerant type and their warnings to stay off this path have been frequent. I mean, it is their own backyard and all....

I wonder though, if Russia initiated major combat operations in the Caribbean for some reason ...sitting that close to US borders...would it bother us?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If the question is what would define World War III as opposed to Israel's regional fighting issues, I'd say it's a straight forward question. If actual fighting starts on the home soil of one or more of the following nations: America, China, Russia, England, France, Germany, Australia, or Japan. If fighting is on their own actual soil.....then we can call it a right and proper World War set to build larger quick and basically be in totally uncharted waters for predictions beyond that, IMO.

This seems like the best answer so far.
Thanks.
I would add any part of the EU to that list, and countries like New Zealand or Thailand

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
Nuclear weapons mean its highly unlikely the nuclear powers will directly face each other. And if WW3 were to come about, it wouldn't necessarily all happen at once in one big event like people fantasize about.
Japan was at war in China years before Britain and France declared war with Germany. There were several events in Europe that precipitated the war in Europe, like the Sudetenland, Anschlus, the Italian invasion of Abyssinia and Albania, Spanish civil war, a Japanese-Russian skirmish in Mongolia. And even then, when WW2 did officially start, in 1939 it was only the Britain + France against Germany to begin with, the US didn't join til 1941, Italy til 1940 and Russia was essentially allied to Germany before Hitler invaded in 1941. The smaller countries didn't join until invaded, a lot of it was seperate, but linked events which took place over several years.

True. But in today's economic climate where Corporations are the new Kings, Money is God and Country and things will be pit back into place rather quickly if this happened again. Much more quickly than in the late 40's.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Although Russia could make things difficult...they are not up to it. They could not even sent a Small Force to Bosnia which is very close to them and keep that force supplied. Russian Soldiers had to beg for Food and Water...which they were given...by British Forces.

This was a while ago but Russian Power Projection has not improved at all. Russia is very capable of defending itself but when it is away from their comfort zone which is Russian Territory...the U.S. is capable of very quickly and easily destroying any Russian Force. This is unlikely and for all Putin's statements...there is no Teeth in his words.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hmmm..., What would start WW 3 ?
One False Flag Event.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Well now I'd agree that Russia can't stray far and they don't have the resources. They are very fast rebuilding their ballistic missile submarine force and strategic bomber force with modern equipment but their blue water navy and ability to move war material very far is very limited. I certainly agree...

Which is why I find it so notable that Iran and Russia sit just over 100 air miles apart and only a bit more by water up the Caspian. Everyone focuses on the Gulf but that's not even where the bulk of Nuclear facilities, energy reserves or population is. It's all up on the other end and Russia's literally back door.

I've been watching and listening to Putin pretty closely and rebuilding the Russian Army is something he deems a high priority for restoring Russia itself. I suppose I might even consider it good logic if it didn't look so likely to come in direct conflict to what the U.S. interests are going to be pushed as. Personally, I still say what I've basically stuck to all along. The United States has little place in the backyard nations of Russia and China. It's a great place to let the other two major world powers mind their own problems while we might focus inward and fix ours. We sure have enough to stay busy with domestically and within short travel around our borders, IMO.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I will tell you something that is tragic. The United States Military has the Tech. to solve our Energy Issues. This Tech. is Ultra-Highly Advanced and the reasoning behind it's secrecy is three fold.

1. The U.S. Military does not want to make public a Energy Generating Tech. that is so easy to use for Military purposes and any Country with such Energy Generation Tech. could have the ability to challenge us.

2. If such Tech. was released their would be MASSIVE Political Fallout from other Countries and an even BIGGER FALLOUT from our own People and Politicians who would absolutely FLIP OUT finding that the Military has been sitting on something that could bail out the Nation both from a Clean Energy viewpoint as well as an Economic one.

3. This Energy Generation is Clean, Unlimited and CHEAP! It would END once and for all our dependence on Fossil Fuels as well as Destroy the current OIL BARONS that are so Deeply Dug In to American Politics, Business and Lobbyists who have a Long List of People in Government they Pay Off by Donations to Political Re-Election Funds. A Politician in the U.S, gets to KEEP all the Re-Election Funds they have raised in their Campaign War Chests when they RETIRE!

The release of this Tech. is VITAL in my opinion for the World to avoid the soon coming MEGA-STORMS THAT ARE INEVITABLE as when more energy is added to a Closed System such as the Earths Atmosphere and Oceans...Catastrophic results will occur. We will vwry soon be seeing a CAT.6 Hurricane and the Tornado Power Scale which has already been changed from F-1 through F-5 to EF-1 through EF-6. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
What is it with some of you at ATS, you get excited over the prospect of world war 3, if it does start in our life time, you wish it never.

it won't be some glorious march to victory, it be mass death and destruction to most of the planet, and if you or your kids don't die after the first mass wave of nuclear strikes, you wish you had done.

Any sane human who's been to war, does not want to go back.

I want to live in peace and hope peace prevails for the sake of my kids.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

This is exactly how bad things are getting in the early stages of what could grow into WW3.I think 9/11 started it myself and the 2008 stock market collapse has made things bad as far as the economy goes.Then of course there is the middle east wars and Paksitan and Africa and North Korea and South Korea conflicts.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It would take....

Recognition that it has already started and giving it the official name via the media

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
What it would take is two sides and the ability or reason to fight a war across the planet. The first two world wars were only world wars because the the European powers had colonies across the planet so a conflct in europe became a global war. You also had two sides fairly evenly matched. Since the world is no longer full of colonies and the US is allied to every major power on earth beyond China and Russia (who both lack the abilty to project power beyond their immediate borders) a global war is nearly impossible. The conditions for a world war could take decades if ever to occure.

<< 1   >>

join