It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Have A Horrible Understand of The Israeli/Palestine Conlict Here! Don't You Know What WAR Is

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Seriously...
I haven't at all made any comments this month on any Israeli or Gaza so far but I have been reading other people's posts.
More and more I still thinking.... why bother?
So instead of repeating it over and over and several threads I decided to make on thread.
Because very few seem have even a basic understanding of war!

I don't know how many posts i've read where people are saying Gaza fired first and Israel is only responding.
What?????

That's like saying a slave hit his master first then the master beat him up, it was only in response.

Gaza is an open air prison with little food, water and medical support.
This is because Israel has put a blockade around it with robot snipers around the walls in case anyone comes too close to a fence.

So it literally is an open air prison because if a someone from the west bank gets arrested after he gets out of prison he's often then sent to Gaza even if his home is in the West Bank.

From being in bondage to forced to be impoverished and hungry what do people expect?
Checkpoints everywhere....walking up with tanks and IDF soliers allowed to knock on your door and use an upstairs room in your home for either visibility or even sniper positions.

What do you expect?
Candies, flowers and hugs?

Forget Palestine for a moment
Imagine someone blockaded New York, you don't think NY would fight back?
How about Texas, you don't think Texans would fight back????

They would throw rockets, rocks, bullets and the kitchen sink

I don't get the logic here
If Israel is maintaining acts of war on a daily basis how is it ever possible for Palestine to strike first?
edit on 18-11-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I got really tired of posting the same similar context on all the other forums too, i usually try not to become involved because its time consuming and it goes on and on with no one wanting to accept another point of view, so i stuck to posting clear cut facts.....theres just too many opinions to keep up with.....

Good OP, star & flag
edit on 18-11-2012 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

It's not war buddy...it's genocide.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Many also have a HORRIBLE understanding of grammar and spelling rules though it doesn't keep them from continuing what they're doing. Same goes with war.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Gaza was not under blockade when rockets from Gaza started to fall on Israel. There are no Israeli settlements in Gaza,despite the fact that there were Jewish settlements in Gaza prior to 1947. There are no Israeli military forces in Gaza.
And yet rockets are falling on Israel.
West Bank is home to the same Palestinians that live in Gaza. West Bank is not blockaded. Why?
Because there are no rockets from West Bank. Really simple.

edit on 18-11-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

And yet? Really?

West Bank is home to the same Palestinians that live in Gaza. West Bank is not blockaded. Why?

Let me fix your sentence for you
West Bank is not blockaded therefore there are no rockets flying from West Bank.
Wow!

See how easy that was?

Secondly Israel does not want peace otherwise they would never have said you can't go to the UN for statehood because they would have access to a court system.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

How did the situation devolve into Gaza being an open air prison?

How did Israel find itself in the position first of military occupation and now blockade of the Gaza strip?

You speak like these events happened in a vacuum, which they didn't.

Edit to acknowledge Israeli withdrawal in 2005.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Oil.

If it were not for the need of oil and the need for a strategic ally in the region we would have never even thought about the middle east or their religious problems.

But we (the Allied powers) created the state of Israel to keep us with a well armed ally near the middle east.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The biggest comment I keep seeing is "Israel has a right to defend itself"....How can they claim to be defending themselves, when they are occupying the very lands they are defending themselves from????

and mainstream, of course, leaves out the very small detail of the 13 yr. old Palestinian boy, who was shot by IDF, while playing football with friends...this happened Wednesday....these people, human beings, just like you and me...are tired of it, and I for one don't blame them...

edit on 18-11-2012 by rockhndr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

edit on 18-11-2012 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a quick reminder

More than 3,000 European Jews, including prominent intellectuals, have signed a petition speaking out against Israeli settlement policies and warning that systematic support for the Israeli government is dangerous.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Good post!

from the second video at 2:00 minutes this intelligent man reiterates the fact that israel is the 4th largest military and they ar backed by the largest military in the world using F-16's to carpet bomb a defenceless people..

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

And yet? Really?

West Bank is not blockaded therefore there are no rockets flying from West Bank.
Wow!

See how easy that was?

Secondly Israel does not want peace otherwise they would never have said you can't go to the UN for statehood because they would have access to a court system.

You seem to miss few bits of info:
Israeli withdrawl form Gaza:
en.wikipedia.org...'s_unilateral_disengagement_plan
First rocket fired on Israel from Gaza:
news.bbc.co.uk...
Blockade on Gaza started
www.unrwa.org...

See the pattern here?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

And yet? Really?

Wow!

See how easy that was?

news.bbc.co.uk...
Blockade on Gaza started
www.unrwa.org...

See the pattern here?

The Balfour Declaration (dated 2 November 1917)

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country

en.wikipedia.org...

See the pattern there?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

And yet? Really?

Wow!

See how easy that was?

news.bbc.co.uk...
Blockade on Gaza started
www.unrwa.org...

See the pattern here?

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country

en.wikipedia.org...

See the pattern there?

Sure, British allowed Jews to establish a national home in the territory under British control. And?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's wasn't Britains to give....and try reading the other words too

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

It's wasn't Britains to give?

The thing is - yes it was. It was under British control. Just as it was under Ottoman control prior to it. Just as it was... Et ctr.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So Britain stole it in a War against a civilisation that had ruled there since the 1500's then they now have the right to give it away....

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
LOOK! everyone ...straight from a jew himself....raised in a zionist environment.....look what he has to to say about palestine......a jewish MP as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So Britain stole it in a War against a civilisation that had ruled there since the 1500's then they now have the right to give it away....

What civilization? Arabs and Jews have been living there for centuries....and Palestine wasn't a country.....it was what that area of land was called, but it still wasn't a country.

Also, sorry to break it to everyone - but yes, might makes right. Open a history book, from the creation of "civilization" people have been doing this to one another.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join