It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian MILITANTS / Syrian REBELS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I can't be the only person to realize that on one hand we (our media) support "Rebels" shooting at their government while on the other hand, the Palestinians are "militants" and "terrorists" fighting for THE EXACT SAME REASON, instituting a state and removing itself from the status quo except instead of an Al-Assad regime, you have a Netanyahu regime.

Is the only difference skin colour and money?
Because they are shooting at Israelis suddenly it's not cool anymore?
(it was never cool but you get what i'm saying)

Could we get more of an indicator something is seriously wrong?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

One man's Terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. You're are Wrong/Right depending on which side you Appose/Support.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
But Palestinians in Gaza can not rebel against Israel since they are independent from it. Israel does not control Gaza. Hamas - democratically elected by Gazans - does.
Why call them rebels?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

The problem is most people in the west will buy this crap until the world ends. Its very easy to make one group look like a bunch of barbarians while making the other look as though they are fighting for the people and liberating countries.

One side (Israel) is allowed to state their opinions on our TV screens, the other (syria) gets minimal if anything. Its not just about the groups who are rocketing, bombing, killing etc.. The propaganda machine also makes a contribution to the final thoughts on any subject concerning the middle east and people buy it like its sliced bread.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
But Palestinians in Gaza can not rebel against Israel since they are independent from it. Israel does not control Gaza. Hamas - democratically elected by Gazans - does.
Why call them rebels?

No international source can make there way into Gaza for any reason unless it is approved by Israel.. If Israel do not control Gaza in one way or the other, I will bite my big toe off and feed it to my dog.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Why call them rebels?

No international source can make there way into Gaza for any reason unless it is approved by Israel.. If Israel do not control Gaza in one way or the other, I will bite my big toe off and feed it to my dog.

This is because Gaza is blockaded by Israel,no? Due to ,ehm, hostilities with abovementioned rebeltants, no?
And i highly doubt that recent Egyptian high level visit was not going to happen if Israel objected to it.
Edit:
Please, no drastic actions. Your dog deserves normal food and big toes importance in daily activities are underated.
edit on 18-11-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

This is because Gaza is blockaded by Israel,no? Due to ,ehm, hostilities with above mentioned rebeltants, no?
And i highly doubt that recent Egyptian high level visit was not going to happen if Israel objected to it.

Actually, good point. But Egypt are a neighbour also and I guess Israel wouldn't have a choice concerning that country considerin they share a border with Gaza.

Please, no drastic actions. Your dog deserves normal food and big toes importance in daily activities are underated

new topics

top topics

join